Christmas Puddings! December 2013 Babies - come join us!

Yeah, 27 weeks is third tri! It hit me yesterday that in less than 3 months I'll be a parent! Had a few minutes mourning my care-free life (I'm allowed to do that, right?). I'm so excited for him to be here, but I do (and sure I will continue to) miss my old life of being 'just me'...anyone else feel like that?

Yeah, I think it's just 1 week left of 2nd trimester for us. :happydance: Maybe just go to the bump.com and make a new ticker? That's usually what I do when it gets screwed up. :haha:

No joke, sugarbeth, I think eggplant spans from 24-28 weeks! Surely they grow during that time. Maybe they couldn't think of good fruit equivilents for that time.

Less than 3 months! I feel ya, Amy. :shock:

Eggplant is 2 weeks on the ticker that's why. There are a few like that in the last 3 months...
I don't get a 24 week midwife appointment, haven't seen mine since 16 weeks!

Yeah, 27 weeks is third tri! It hit me yesterday that in less than 3 months I'll be a parent! Had a few minutes mourning my care-free life (I'm allowed to do that, right?). I'm so excited for him to be here, but I do (and sure I will continue to) miss my old life of being 'just me'...anyone else feel like that?

Yep yep yep,I was saying to my OH y'day that it's gonna be weird being us three, instead of us two. No more big holidays, dropping everything and going out. I think it's weirder for me than him, he says he cant wait to be a family and have our little princess in the house. Which made me feel a bit selfish I suppose, I mean I am equally as excited to be having her, but our world will never be the same again once she's here. Xx:hugs:

Hey ladies -

Totally late to the party but can I join? Not sure where I've been at for the past 6 months but better late than never! We're due Christmas Eve!

Ox

I don't mind not having nights out etc I'm just going to miss 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep :sleep:

I don't mind not having nights out etc I'm just going to miss 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep :sleep:

Oh don't get me wrong it's not like we were out every weekend, maybe one night every 8 weeks if that. But I think it's the idea that we can't drop everything and just do it. Instead it's planning on who will watch her whilst we are out. I would love 8 hrs sleep now without getting interrupted with loo visits or big kicks. Just one night. :hugs:Xx

The nights out thing is more noticeable if you are in the minority in your group of friends in having kids.
I try to think about how much better for me it is to not drink as much alcohol lol

I've never been a big drinker I can be drunk on a couple of cocktails, but I used to love getting ready for a night out then meeting my friends and not having to think about anyone else. How it's gonna change now tho. My best friend used to be a big drinker, most nights she would have a couple of glasses of wine, she has 2 girls at 2 yrs and 10 months and she barely drinks or goes out. We meet up for meals, and other visits. But when her eldest was about 4 months old we went out and she was clock watching all night and we came home early cos she missed her daughter so much. We all found it funny but I think that will be the rest of our gang now lol :hugs:Xx

28 weeks today!!! Getting close now ladies! Midwife today, be nice cos i havnt seen her for ten weeks, apps be about fortnightly now tho, that's when it hits you its getting close when you seeing them regular! Eek!

How did your appt go hels? I had mine today too, all good but forgot to ask about the whooping cough vaccination. Anyone had or having one soon?

Had mine yesterday. Arm a bit sore feels like i've been punched lol. I read best time to get is between 28 and 32 weeks, can u call your gp to book it?

Yeah I imagine so, I was just interested to know more about it as I've heard of people opting out of it.

I got a letter and info leaflet in the post, maybe you could ask for the info leaflet? I had a read and decided immediately that i'd have it done but it is a dilemma! Never know what to do for the best. It's not a 'live' immunisation, i think its the one that they use for pre school children. I didn't realise how serious whooping cough was before i had the letter!

I've got to book my immunisation after my next midwife appt on 2nd October. I'm having it done cos if I didn't and anything happened to her I'd feel awful. I've also got to have the diabetes test on October 2nd, it's 3 hrs. I'm dreading that xx:hugs:

Appt went fine, all perfect! Having whooping cough vacc on Monday then they gonna call me with an appt for flu jab as they havnt arrived yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->