• 85g/3oz dark soft brown sugar
  • 100g/3½oz butter softened
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 55g/1¾oz fresh brown breadcrumbs
  • 110g/4oz plain wholemeal flour
  • 1 tbsp ground mixed spice
  • 200ml/7fl oz Guinness
  • 2 tbsp black treacle

1. Mix together the carrot, prunes, apricots, raisin mixture and grated orange and lemon zest.

2. In a separate bowl beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, gradually beat in the eggs; stir in all the remaining ingredients including the fruit, cover and refrigerate overnight.

3. Spoon into a 900g/2lb pudding basin, cover with a pleated piece of greaseproof paper and secure with string. Steam for 3-4 hours, ensuring that the pan does not boil dry.

4. Serve while still hot.

So simple :)

Look what recipie I found girls, as I know a few of us are pregnant this Christmas...

NON ALCOHOLIC MULLED WINE

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 orange, halved
  • 1 lemon, (halved)
  • 2 cloves
  • 1 cracked cardamom pod
  • 1 bottle grape juice (RED)
  • A chunk of root ginger, peeled
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 500ml orange juice
  • Brown sugar to taste

Stud the halved orange and lemon with cloves and add to a large saucepan along with all the remaining ingredients - add sugar and taste as you go until you're in love with the flavour. Heat but don't boil. Serve straight from the pan in mugs.

..Not sure how nice it will be as havnt tested yet but will deffinantly be trying it :)

ooooh im so trying that one...now where would u get grape juice from?!?

xxx

This is my TOTAL FAVE!!! Seriously easy as well!

Homemade Skor Bars:

1 pkg Saltines Crackers (has to be salted tops)
1 pkg Chocolate Chips
1/2 c Butter (real, salted butter... not margerine)
1/2 c Brown Sugar

• Preheat oven to 400f
  • Line cookie tray with parchment paper. Place saltine crackers in rows on cookie sheet, try to cover the entire pan but don't overlap or have any on top of each other.
  • In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together. Pour melted butter/sugar mixture overtop of crackers. Cover entire pan.
  • Take pan and put into pre-heated oven. Bake for 10mins or until bubbly (whichever comes first). Turn oven off and remove tray.
  • Sprinkle chocolate chips overtop of butter/sugar mixture, try to space them out so they cover most of the pan. Put back into oven. The residual heat from the oven will melt the chocolate chips, normally takes mine about 3 mins or so.
  • Remove from oven again, and with spatula smooth melted chocolate chips so they cover the entire pan. Place in freezer for an hour or so to set. When set, break into pieces and enjoy.
  • Keeps in a tin for 2 weeks or so (it won't last that long though, TRUST ME) or in the freezer for up to 3 months.

I have to refrain from making these as I'll eat the entire freakin' pan by myself. The combo of sweet and salty is AMAZING.

Resisting urge to go and make them. Mmmmmm.....

So this is my first christmas making dinner and i dont have a clue:blush:

Few Qs ..
How long do you put the chicken in the oven :blush:

How Do You Make Mash Turnip ? Sp? :blush:

I Can make lovely mash potatoe :D So i dont need help for that :happydance:

So this is my first christmas making dinner and i dont have a clue:blush:

Few Qs ..
How long do you put the chicken in the oven :blush:

How Do You Make Mash Turnip ? Sp? :blush:

I Can make lovely mash potatoe :D So i dont need help for that :happydance:

The chicken/turkey should go into a pre-heated oven (to about 190 degrees C) and will want 20 minutes per 500g, plus another half hour. So, for example if you have a 2 kilo turkey you'll cook it for about an hour and fifty minutes (four lots of twenty, plus thirty). But every oven is different, so you'll want to keep checking it.

Poke the side of the breast with a sharp knife or carving fork, right down to the bone and the juice that comes out should be clear. If it's pink it needs longer. Remember to baste it about every twenty minutes too.

As for the turnip, I have no idea. Not unlike mashed potato?!

STUFFING

3 large onions peeled and chopped
bunch of fresh parsley chopped
big knob of butter
1 1/2 loaves plain unsliced bread processed to breadcrumb form
oil for cooking
salt pepper

heat a few tables spoons oil in pan and the butter and cook the onion and parsley until onions are soft

add to breadcrumbs

add salt & pepper to taste

then cook for 20-25 mins at 180 degrees in an ovenproof dish covered with foil. This can be put in a container and left overnight (uncooked) then cooked the next day.

i'm definitely gonna try this recipe for christmas eve, thanks for sharing!:happydance:

The trick with making your own xmas cake is to keep feeding it alcohol over afew weeks...or months. I'll probably make mine middle of october, and then keep it in a container wrapped in foil (can keep for 2 months in foil) till christmas but i 'feed' it alcohol (usually capt margans spiced rum yumm, or brandy) every week until christmas :D

This made me laugh

My mom does her cakes two at a time. They keep for up to two years wrapped in cheese cloth in a tupperware container in a dark cupboard. Every now and again when she thinks about it they get a dose of whatever is on hand like yours, ie. Capt morgans spiced. I'm happy to see that we aren't the only ones that "feed" the cake.

Fudge has always been a Christmas Favorite of mine. I made this the other day and it yields about 3 1/2 lbs of Fudge. I know it's a lot but I usually bring some in to work and give some to relatives.

4 Cups of Castor Sugar
12 ounces of evaporated Milk
18 ounces of Chocolate Chips
24 Marshmallows
8 ounces of butter (softened)
2 teaspoons of vanilla

I put the chocolate chips, marshmallows, butter and vanilla in a big bowl. Over medium heat mix together the sugar and evaporated milk. Stir it constantly. Once it starts boiling turn the heat to low and continue cooking for 11 minutes. Again, stir constantly. Dump the milk sugar mix over the rest of the ingredients and use an electric mixer to blend well. Pour the mixture into either a buttered 9 x 13 pan or use grease, oven proof or wax paper in the dish. Refridgerate until hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"