CIO method success stories

anna1986

mummy of 2
Reaction score
well last night was a disaster to the point where we all only ended up with a few hrs sleep :( Sophie would only sleep on me n litrally screamed the house down when layed in her cot or even in bed with me!
Having looked on the internet for sleep training ideas have decided to try the ferber sleep training (CIO) just after some positive outcomes!
Also for people who have done this - did u just leave LO in a dark room or did you put mobile or lullaby light machine things on??
thanks in advance

Ohhh please don't let you baby cry it out:cry:

I know it's really hard and even worse when your so tired but much less extreme tecniques can be used but it never ever works on the first night, most would say a routine takes at least a week of doing the same thing over and over.Even if you did 'Ferberize' your baby could you shut the door and listen to it for at least a week?!
How old is LO? It could be teething or upset tummy ?

Mines been like this since week 14, he's now 6 months!!
Look into other methods, dr sears is a very gentle approach and I think 'Natsku' on here did a sush /pat method. Tracy hogg, the baby whisperer has another sleep tecnique you could look into.
Like I said , whatever you do never works straight off it's all about the continuous routine.
I feel your pain honest I do, I've had about 2 hours every night this week
because he's got throat congestion and have to sit up with him, but in a million yrs I could never shut the door on him crying.
Hope someone on here can help you out xxx

And I meant to say, we did a routine of early bath before tiredness sets in, bottle and then bed. It took a good hour of picking up and pitting down again over 5 days and the last day he settled on his own . If you knew my baby you'd know that was a miracle!! Just getting him ready before him being tired worked and also we got a lullaby machine that really helped in taking his mind off being in bed. It's so hard to do though, very draining but it did work. He's been hellish since teeth coming though at 20 weeks though and also he still eats every 3 hours but the evenings were so much easier.

I did the CIO method with my eldest daughter and wouldn't hesitate to do it with my 2nd (when she's older). My eldest was 9 months when I did it, took her dummy away as well-figured it would only be the once she would be upset then. I started it with one of her daytime naps as the crying was more bearable than at nightime! It was hard but u just have to persevere, and after a few days she totally got it-I didn't use a monitor or anything-she had a comforter teddy and still has that now-and she's been a great sleeper since!!

Good luck!

we did CC at 6 months, and it does work you just have to see it through to the end, it is a last resort so do try other methods before this as it is really tough

Ohhh please don't let you baby cry it out:cry:

I know it's really hard and even worse when your so tired but much less extreme tecniques can be used but it never ever works on the first night, most would say a routine takes at least a week of doing the same thing over and over.Even if you did 'Ferberize' your baby could you shut the door and listen to it for at least a week?!
How old is LO? It could be teething or upset tummy ?

Mines been like this since week 14, he's now 6 months!!
Look into other methods, dr sears is a very gentle approach and I think 'Natsku' on here did a sush /pat method. Tracy hogg, the baby whisperer has another sleep tecnique you could look into.
Like I said , whatever you do never works straight off it's all about the continuous routine.
I feel your pain honest I do, I've had about 2 hours every night this week
because he's got throat congestion and have to sit up with him, but in a million yrs I could never shut the door on him crying.
Hope someone on here can help you out xxx

^ this

The fact that she cried whenever she was laid down suggests that she had tummy ache.

Im currently reading 'The No Sleep Baby Solution'. Maybe it would help you?
Your LO may have tummy ache, or tooth ache or a headache, you just dont know, and crying will only make all of those things worse. Have you tried giving Calpol to see if shes in pain?

:coffee: And.......go!

Seriously though, don't let your baby CIO. Can you imagine crying yourself to sleep? Now imagine that you're little and you rely on someone else for everything and you're left to CIO. Not nice!

I know someone is going to post that she was looking for success stories. I don't consider CIO successful. I think babies just learn to cope and stop crying because no one comes and they learn that their cries go unanswered.

:coffee: And.......go!

Seriously though, don't let your baby CIO. Can you imagine crying yourself to sleep? Now imagine that you're little and you rely on someone else for everything and you're left to CIO. Not nice!

I know someone is going to post that she was looking for success stories. I don't consider CIO successful. I think babies just learn to cope and stop crying because no one comes and they learn that their cries go unanswered.

No, its not succesful, its sad.

Hi if you need to go down this route can you not try CC rather than CIO xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->