• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayb_baby

Reaction score
Will you yes or no?
Why or why not?
What age will you get it done?

I will (if I have a little boy obviously) I think its cleaner as my OH and little bro had to get it done in later life due to skin growing over and they couldn’t pee, this is my personal opinion and I respect all opinions xxx

I hope this thread doesn't go the way it did last time!

we won't be having it done to our son, back home most boys have it done but its just not for me and oh :flower:

my son was done 1 day after birth, and Im ok with him being cut however I refuse to have to be the one to take care of it! I had to pull it back till it bled and he cried and cried. I wont put my baby through that and already made it clear to hubby that he will be doing it not me if he wants baby cut

I'll definately be having it done for my son, it's just recommended here that you do.

Personally, no.

Obviously I am having a girl, but if I was having a boy I wouldn't do it unless necassary.
I have had partners who were cicumcised and partners who wern't & haven't found any difference between the two - apart from visually.

Just my opnion, but I find it unnecassary.
x

We are not. We didn't with my first son. My husband isn't and neither is his brother. We have always received a SHOCKED reception when we tell people that around here as it is the norm but its no longer covered by health insurance here as its considered cosmetic and unnecessary so for all those reasons I personally feel its unnecessary surgery on a newborn baby.

But I also know most people in my area don't agree with me.

No way would I ever do that, it's not normal here in this day and age anyway.

I just don't see the point? May as well give babies surgery to remove tonsils at birth as well, or any other part of the body deemed un-needed. If I had a boy that had a medical issue later in life, it would be up to him whether or not he wanted a part of his body removed. Especially a part that has a hand in sexual pleasure, which is a very personal thing.

DS was circumcised a day after he was born. To me, it's easier hygiene-wise...especially now, since he's at the age where he's going to the bathroom mostly unassisted...and even when he gets older...I think it's just cleaner. The foreskin, just like any other flap of skin, can harbor bacteria that wouldn't be there if the male was circumcised.

Just my thoughts.

I hope this thread doesn't go the way it did last time!

we won't be having it done to our son, back home most boys have it done but its just not for me and oh :flower:

Ooopps I didn't know there was another thread on this sorry

xxx

I would if I had a boy.. I think its much cleaner and the babies heal so much faster at a young age.

My brother was circumcised when he was 6 years old and it was a terrible thing for him! If I remember right, I think he had to go twice! Took so long to heal.... doctors said it would have been better had my parents done it as a baby.

As I live in NI I don't know if NHS cover it if not I will pay obviously, and I don't know where to get it done.

ablackater- I don't want to do that either I think OH will have to do that

xxx

i didnt think you could get it done in the uk unless it was a medical reason. if you are jewish a rabbi does it on the 8th day i think

When my son was born (and he is now 14), we decided not to have him circumcised after interviewing with two pediatricians and viewing some videos about the procedure and the function of the foreskin. Since the procedure is deemed to have no medical purpose and as the pediatrician put it "surgery is a radical substitute for soap and water", we decided that it is HIS body and HE can decide one day if he wants to amputate a perfectly good part of it. Many insurances don't cover the procedure anymore anyway, and 60% of boys in the U.S. are left intact these days (though here in the south compared to other parts of the country, it seems to be far more are circ'ed).

ANYway, they had to put a sign on his bassinet at the hospital saying NO CIRC to keep the scalpel-happy docs from assuming he needed it. One OBGYN doc came in my room on day 2 (I was in 5 days due to a c-section that developed complications) and said "So, when are you gonna get him fixed?"

Grrr. Perhaps I wasn't real nice when I said "He was made perfect and he isn't broken. Maybe people should "fix" their attitudes about it". That shut him up.

This son will also be left as the whole, perfect boy he was born. The choice is his, not mine or anyone elses.

I wonder is there a way I could get it done?

As I really want LO to have it done while it will heal quick, I guess due to the boys in my household needing it done at an older age I just don’t want my boy (if it's a boy) to have to go through pain at an age where infections are more likely to occur.

Must ask my doctor!

xxxx

My OH is cut as is my first son - the same will go w/this kiddo.

I left this one more up to his dad, especially after his friend explained he got his done at 18 and was in horrid pain + wearing diaper like things after. He actually held it against his mom for not doing it.

Then again, although I am in Canada now we will end up back in the USA and there it's the norm. I remember boys being teased so bad for not having it. :(
Anyway, I don't think it really serves much purpose but for the sake of their dad I agree.

When my son was born (and he is now 14), we decided not to have him circumcised after interviewing with two pediatricians and viewing some videos about the procedure and the function of the foreskin. Since the procedure is deemed to have no medical purpose and as the pediatrician put it "surgery is a radical substitute for soap and water", we decided that it is HIS body and HE can decide one day if he wants to amputate a perfectly good part of it. Many insurances don't cover the procedure anymore anyway, and 60% of boys in the U.S. are left intact these days (though here in the south compared to other parts of the country, it seems to be far more are circ'ed).

ANYway, they had to put a sign on his bassinet at the hospital saying NO CIRC to keep the scalpel-happy docs from assuming he needed it. One OBGYN doc came in my room on day 2 (I was in 5 days due to a c-section that developed complications) and said "So, when are you gonna get him fixed?"

Grrr. Perhaps I wasn't real nice when I said "He was made perfect and he isn't broken. Maybe people should "fix" their attitudes about it". That shut him up.

This son will also be left as the whole, perfect boy he was born. The choice is his, not mine or anyone elses.

What he said was completely rude and unnecessary TBH I wouldn’t want a doctor who looked at the procedure as Fixing (this is what they say about animals) I would have made an official complaint.

Your response though was priceless :)

xxx

I flat out refuse to do the aftercare!

people get all up in arms about cutting a dogs ears, but they let them cut their son.

I know its a personal decision but I think often its made just because dad is/isnt instead of based on information available. to each their own, like I say its a personal decision for each couple and no one can tell you what is right or wrong for your child but you.

I'll definately be having it done for my son, it's just recommended here that you do.

I'm sorry but no it is not..

The AAP does not recommended it..
Scientific studies show some medical benefits of circumcision. However, these benefits are not sufficient for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to recommend that all infant boys be circumcised.

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/prenatal/decisions-to-make/pages/Circumcision.aspx

We are having a son, and he will not be cut no way no how!! God put foreskin on him, so why should we remove it... Would you remove your pinky finger for the heck of it? I think not... A boy will lose 20,000 nerve endings when the foreskin is removed..

https://agiftuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-my-son-is-intact.html

They say a baby can not feel the pain, there was a study out that about brain activity during a circumcision and the results were off the chart.. Heart rate, blood pressure went up

New research shows that during unanaesthetized circumcision, stress hormones rise, the heart rate speeds, and valuable blood oxygen diminishes. Babies should never be subjected to the shock of unanaesthetized circumcision.

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t101500.asp

so to answer you.. NOPE!

If I have a boy, we aren't getting it done! I could go on and on, but I am very opinionated on this subject and so I will refrain. :flower:

im not (unless there's a health reason of course e.g. my OH/FOB had to have it done because it covered his urethra TMI lol) but other than that we won't be circumsising as we are not religious so it isn't in our religion and there are no other reasons for us to do it...i couldnt stand putting him through pain for no reason :cry: x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"