• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
My consultant was brilliant and we paid for the consult so he got his money either way. Apart from anything else, you get a feel for the person and the place which is so important. Like I said, I've not watched video (I will but I'm on my phone atm) so should perhaps comment once I've seen it, but the written account a few pages back was a world away from my experience and I guess that it just grinds my gears a bit that people are led to believe that I put DS thru something like that.
Think I'll take my video cam when it's DS2's turn!

The written "account" was by a widely recognized anti-circ vigilante (Rio Cruz) who runs his own anti-circ lobbying organization. Also, his "account" is pretty widely disputed. It is so heavily colored by bias and while plenty of people have tried to verify that it was written based on true account, they haven't been able to.

Anyway, I have already said before that my husband was present for my son's circumcision and it was a total non-event. I let him read Rio Cruz's article and he laughed.

just a quick note about america being singled out... they are not being singled out but many developed countries do not have high rates of circumcision so that is why it is probably used as an example a lot of the time.

also i find it quite hypercritical that in the US female genital mutilation is prevented by laws yet male genital mutilation is practised on a daily basis

My consultant was brilliant and we paid for the consult so he got his money either way. Apart from anything else, you get a feel for the person and the place which is so important. Like I said, I've not watched video (I will but I'm on my phone atm) so should perhaps comment once I've seen it, but the written account a few pages back was a world away from my experience and I guess that it just grinds my gears a bit that people are led to believe that I put DS thru something like that.
Think I'll take my video cam when it's DS2's turn!

The written "account" was by a widely recognized anti-circ vigilante (Rio Cruz) who runs his own organization. Also, his "account" is pretty widely disputed. It is so heavily colored by bias and while plenty of people have tried to verify that it was written based on true account, they haven't been able to.

Anyway, I have already said before that my husband was present for my son's circumcision and it was a total non-event. I let him read Rio Cruz's article and he laughed.

no wonder the guy who wrote it was anti circumcision, his son was mutilated! I think it's really sad that your husband thinks amputating a body part from a newborn baby for no good reason is a laughing matter!

also there are other accounts of a newborn baby going through pain and distress for this pointless act, not just the one account. Sure there are account of the baby not caring and loving being cut up etc but of course parents have to justify their actions don't they :winkwink:

Sure there are account of the baby not caring and loving being cut up etc but of course parents have to justify their actions don't they :winkwink:

I understand that you have your feelings on this, but those sorts of comments are out of line. Get your point across without being patronizing.

Yeah, it is sad. Because my husband clearly believes in and revels in mutilating infants. He's a monster like that.

He laughed because what was written was so far away from what he actually witnessed. He has common sense and will believe that which he saw.

Also, what I'm saying is that there's no proof of Rio Cruz's "account" anywhere. Also, the date when he first wrote that piece seems to predate the age of his oldest child... hmmmmm.... headscratcher, eh? But, hey it fits your argument so by all means, do blindly follow.

I think anyone considering the procedure should speak to the consultant that would do it rather than watch videos or google. I was against it, DH was for. I scared myself to death on the Internet and was adamant we wouldn't do it. But I agreed to a consult and was reassured, we went ahead and as I said, it was no worse than routine vacs.

People always advice never to google medical conditions and I think this shouldn't be googled either. Speak to the consultant, ask about the method s/he uses and then make an informed decision

I could not disagree more. Routine vaccinations do not compare to a physically altering surgery, regardless of whether pain block was used.

Why on earth shouldn't someone google this? It isn't like you are trying to diagnose your own cancer. You are performing your own research and you can read all the literature available out there, and there is LOTS. Instead of finding out the METHOD someone uses to do it (unless you are just dead-set on doing it), how about researching the function of the foreskin, the feelings of men who have had this decision taken away from them as tiny newborns, and contemplating the human rights aspect of the procedure (something I am seeing only barely acknowledged in this entire thread)? Why not research why the heck it ever started being done in the first place? What is wrong with seeing a factual video of a circumcision performed by a qualified person? If it were MY body, I'd DARN sure want to see.

Yeah, it is sad. Because my husband clearly believes in and revels in mutilating infants. He's a monster like that.

He laughed because what was written was so far away from what he actually witnessed. He has common sense and will believe that which he saw.

Also, what I'm saying is that there's no proof of Rio Cruz's "account" anywhere. Also, the date when he first wrote that piece seems to predate the age of his oldest child... hmmmmm.... headscratcher, eh? But, hey it fits your argument so by all means, do blindly follow.

If you watch videos of the procedure, it also fits what you will see unless the baby has been numbed up.

mmm if his account was the only one in the world then i may be blindly following lol

I don't consider myself "pro" circumcision, to be honest I don't really have an opinion on it. What I can offer anyone on here is a true and actual account of my experience. I'm no expert but I'd like to think first hand info is worth more than a second hand account.
If anyone wants advice then outside this thread I'm happy to answer any pm's

https://www.livestrong.com/article/13988-circumcision-problems-and-opinions/
https://www.noharmm.org/problem.htm
https://www.luckystiff.org/circumcision/information/The_Case_Against_Circumcision-6.pdf
https://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/DOC/publications.html
https://arclaw.org/

I havn't been on in a while and I must say some people do 'TRY' to turn threads sour! I think it's time to lock this one up I feel I have all the views needed and now it's just been used for harsh words!

xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back