• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definately be having it done for my son, it's just recommended here that you do.

I'm sorry but no it is not..

The AAP does not recommended it..
Scientific studies show some medical benefits of circumcision. However, these benefits are not sufficient for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to recommend that all infant boys be circumcised.

https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/prenatal/decisions-to-make/pages/Circumcision.aspx

We are having a son, and he will not be cut no way no how!! God put foreskin on him, so why should we remove it... Would you remove your pinky finger for the heck of it? I think not... A boy will lose 20,000 nerve endings when the foreskin is removed..

https://agiftuniverse.blogspot.com/2010/07/why-my-son-is-intact.html

They say a baby can not feel the pain, there was a study out that about brain activity during a circumcision and the results were off the chart.. Heart rate, blood pressure went up

New research shows that during unanaesthetized circumcision, stress hormones rise, the heart rate speeds, and valuable blood oxygen diminishes. Babies should never be subjected to the shock of unanaesthetized circumcision.

https://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t101500.asp

so to answer you.. NOPE!

Looks like you've done it for me! :winkwink: Thanks!

I am circumcising for sure!! I guess we will do it as soon as the doctor says its okay. I just think if a boy has a strange or different looking penis compared to most others he might get a complex - I don't want that!

im so glad i dont live in an area where circumsision is the norm....if a doc came in and asked me when i was getting my son "fixed" i would have lopped his entire penis off! How rude - i would have complained for him putting it in such a harsh way :O

as for people who say it's cleaner to not have a foreskin...if you teach your son to wash with soap and water everyday he won't need to have surgery...it's basic hygiene and just because their circumsised are they not gonna wash everyday? sorry but that isn't a reason...i respect other reasons healthwise or religious but for hygiene...erm no...they should wash...it isn't hard im afraid..

I am circumcising for sure!! I guess we will do it as soon as the doctor says its okay. I just think if a boy has a strange or different looking penis compared to most others he might get a complex - I don't want that!

umm I'm pretty sure boys do not compare their penis in the locker room... My OH is cut, does that make me want to cut my son, UM no!

I do find it funny, ALMOST all the ones that answered yes are from the USA. Just shows you how far behind this lovely country of ours is when it comes to circumcising!

I just think if a boy has a strange or different looking penis compared to most others he might get a complex - I don't want that!

Is this a real comment?? :wacko:

lol i think if my son was looking at other boys penis' i would be a bit more concerned than just wonder if it was because he had foreskin...boys shouldnt really be looking at each others willies and tbh they don't as far as im aware lol x

as for people who say it's cleaner to not have a foreskin...if you teach your son to wash with soap and water everyday he won't need to have surgery...it's basic hygiene and just because their circumsised are they not gonna wash everyday? sorry but that isn't a reason...i respect other reasons healthwise or religious but for hygiene...erm no...they should wash...it isn't hard im afraid..

Totally. Pretty sure you can teach a boy to take care of his own peeper! For heavens sake!! Tonnes of men are NOT circumcised.

I just asked the hubby, if he checked out guys penis in the locker room.. and He laughed so hard!

I just think if a boy has a strange or different looking penis compared to most others he might get a complex - I don't want that!

Is this a real comment?? :wacko:

lol i think if my son was looking at other boys penis' i would be a bit more concerned than just wonder if it was because he had foreskin...boys shouldnt really be looking at each others willies and tbh they don't as far as im aware lol x

I just don't think men care!! Geez. They know what foreskin is, and that some of them have it and others don't! LOL

exactly...my OH is circumsized and he couldnt care less about boys who have foreskin (it's actually extremely uncommon for circumsision where i am so it's basically like this situation but the other way round) and he has never thought of himself as different etc...

but he still would refuse to allow anybody to do it to LO - he had to have it for health reasons so doesnt agree with it in "unnecessary" circumstances x

Advantages and disadvantages of circumcision
There are a number of potential advantages associated with circumcising boys shortly after they are born. For example:

•circumcision reduces the risk of developing a urinary tract infection (UTI), which include infections of any part of the urinary system, such as the bladder,
•circumcision reduces the risk of getting some types of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) such as HIV, and
•circumcision reduces the risk of developing cancer of the penis (penile cancer).
See 'why it is necessary' for more details about the potential advantages of circumcision.

Most healthcare professionals maintain that the above potential benefits of circumcision are not strong enough to justify routine childhood circumcision. Critics of circumcision have argued that circumcision also carries a number of disadvantages such as:

•reduced sensitivity - an uncircumcised penis is more sensitive than a circumcised penis, meaning that circumcised men may experience less pleasure during sex, and
•potential complications of circumcision - such as excessive bleeding and post-operative infection, outweigh any potential benefits.

Thought I'd through this in from the NHS website xxx

I will absolutly have it done. Just not the way I did it with my first son. I waited till he was a month old (which, I literally had a nervous breakdown about). But, if I do indeed have another boy, it will be done, but, in the hospital before we even leave.

it was a real comment! I think I was talking about my own feelings towards penis and the way it looks, I like it better when its circumcized, that is what I am used to as it is very common here in the US. When I see an uncircumsized penis it looks odd to me! When girlfriends and I have discussed our sex lives in the past, ladies I talk to mostly say they prefer the circumcized look and feel in the bedroom!! Sorry I am not trying to offend anyone who is pro-uncircumsized! I guess you are right, guys don't look at eachother when they are in the locker room but I Thought sometimes guys make fun of eachother for small/large sizes, so maybe they also tease about this!

I am 99% sure we are going to. It's mostly up to DH cause...well... he has a penis and I don't lol. But he is so I would assume our son is going to be as well.

I have a history of UTI issues on my side so if that will lower any chance of it then we are going for it.

I'm having a boy, and we're not doing it.

It's not necessary. OH has it, but he said after reading what it entails he's pretty disgusted that his parents did it. My dad's family doesn't do circumcision and the Catholic Church is actually against them.

it was a real comment! I think I was talking about my own feelings towards penis and the way it looks, I like it better when its circumcized, that is what I am used to as it is very common here in the US. When I see an uncircumsized penis it looks odd to me! When girlfriends and I have discussed our sex lives in the past, ladies I talk to mostly say they prefer the circumcized look and feel in the bedroom!! Sorry I am not trying to offend anyone who is pro-uncircumsized! I guess you are right, guys don't look at eachother when they are in the locker room but I Thought sometimes guys make fun of eachother for small/large sizes, so maybe they also tease about this!

I'll have to agree with you... I've know quit a few guys that weren't circumsized, and were teased horribly for it. It's a cultural thing. As with anything else. If you're the poor kid, you get teased. If you're the rich kid, you get teased. If you're the nerd, you get teased. Kids can be cruel sometimes. If you're circumsized, and other kids aren't... you'll get teased. And so forth....... just an unfortunate part of life.

well if guys are going to tease other guys.. I'm pretty sure they were not taught respect for others....

A couple things:

1.I can't believe someone would make fun of someone else's comment by asking if it was real.

2. Yes our son will be circumcised before leaving the hospital for all the health benefits.

3. IMO, saying that it's not natural or it goes against nature is not a strong argument. Arsenic and cyanide are naturally occurring substances but they aren't healthy for you. Cancer is a naturally occurring phenomenon so would you not treat it because it occurs naturally?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if your sons are circumcised or not. It makes no difference to me. It's the parent's choice and that is what matters. I just have issues with bashing each other for mainly cultural and scientific beliefs. I just don't buy the "it's not natural" argument. I bet a lot of things you guys do aren't natural. (i.e. wear make up, take medications, etc.)

I'll have to agree with you... I've know quit a few guys that weren't circumsized, and were teased horribly for it. It's a cultural thing. As with anything else. If you're the poor kid, you get teased. If you're the rich kid, you get teased. If you're the nerd, you get teased. Kids can be cruel sometimes. If you're circumsized, and other kids aren't... you'll get teased. And so forth....... just an unfortunate part of life.

This isn't really an issue because LOTS OF BOYS AREN'T CIRCUMCISED! It's not like there's only gonna be one kid in the whole class/group/town that isn't. Especially nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back