• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple things:

1.I can't believe someone would make fun of someone else's comment by asking if it was real.

2. Yes our son will be circumcised before leaving the hospital for all the health benefits.

3. IMO, saying that it's not natural or it goes against nature is not a strong argument. Arsenic and cyanide are naturally occurring substances but they aren't healthy for you. Cancer is a naturally occurring phenomenon so would you not treat it because it occurs naturally?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if your sons are circumcised or not. It makes no difference to me. It's the parent's choice and that is what matters. I just have issues with bashing each other for mainly cultural and scientific beliefs. I just don't buy the "it's not natural" argument. I bet a lot of things you guys do aren't natural. (i.e. wear make up, take medications, etc.)

I do not think anyone is bashing anyone? this debate is mild compared to most about the same subject

No worries ladies I was just putting my opinion out there. Alot of the differences of opinion are just due to where we live and what is more "the norm" for the area and what we are comfortable with!

I am.
Hygiene is very important to me and I feel that it is more hygienic.
Our Pediatrician says that he waits till they are a week old before he will preform it.

My Nephew did not have it done and at age two he was in a lot of pain from the foreskin growing to the head of the penis and he was not able to pee. They had to cut it in away that the head of his penis looks kinda deformed. I will not take that chance with mine.

I'm so glad something created this thread because I've been doing some research on it as well (I'm having a baby boy).

Once my hubby and I found out we're having a boy, my hubby said "he's getting circumsized" (since hubby himself is)

My brother wasn't circumsized as a child and had to get it done at age 6 because he couldn't pee properly.

I remember it was horrible for him... I'm still unsure about whether to do it or not and if I do decide to have it done to my little boy, when is the right time?

Being unable to retract the foreskin is NOT indicative of a problem, and forcing it actually CAUSES problems.

Boys usually are born with a non-retractile foreskin. The foreskin gradually becomes retractable over a variable period of time ranging from birth to 18 years or more. There is no “right” age for the foreskin to become retractable. Non-retractile foreskin does not threaten health in childhood and no intervention is necessary. Many boys only develop a retractable foreskin after puberty. Education of concerned parents usually is the only action required.

Care-givers and healthcare providers must be careful to avoid premature retraction of the foreskin, which is contrary to medical recommendations, painful, traumatic, tears the attachment points (synechiae), may cause infection, is likely to generate medico-legal problems, and may cause paraphimosis, with the tight foreskin acting like a tourniquet. The first person to retract the boy’s foreskin should be the boy himself.

DS was circumcised a day after he was born. To me, it's easier hygiene-wise...especially now, since he's at the age where he's going to the bathroom mostly unassisted...and even when he gets older...I think it's just cleaner. The foreskin, just like any other flap of skin, can harbor bacteria that wouldn't be there if the male was circumcised.

Just my thoughts.

Im having a girl but if and when i have a boy, no i wont be getting him circumcised. They are born with that 'flap of skin' it for a reason, to protect a very sensitive area, and if cleaned properly, hygeine wont be an issue.

Circumcised males have less feeling than uncircumscised thus proving the point its meant to be left alone.

My personal opinion only and i dont think badly of anyone that chooses to have it done for their LO :flower:

I just think if a boy has a strange or different looking penis compared to most others he might get a complex - I don't want that!

Is this a real comment?? :wacko:

lol i think if my son was looking at other boys penis' i would be a bit more concerned than just wonder if it was because he had foreskin...boys shouldnt really be looking at each others willies and tbh they don't as far as im aware lol x

They all look different anyway :haha:

A couple things:

1.I can't believe someone would make fun of someone else's comment by asking if it was real.

2. Yes our son will be circumcised before leaving the hospital for all the health benefits.

3. IMO, saying that it's not natural or it goes against nature is not a strong argument. Arsenic and cyanide are naturally occurring substances but they aren't healthy for you. Cancer is a naturally occurring phenomenon so would you not treat it because it occurs naturally?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't care if your sons are circumcised or not. It makes no difference to me. It's the parent's choice and that is what matters. I just have issues with bashing each other for mainly cultural and scientific beliefs. I just don't buy the "it's not natural" argument. I bet a lot of things you guys do aren't natural. (i.e. wear make up, take medications, etc.)

Point no.3 I personally dont think really applies and is a bad comparrison. You cant compare those things to a body part you are 'born' with. Its there for a reason. We dont remove any other 'parts' from a newborn baby, why the foreskin? :) If aything the whole practice is unnatural.

I'm having a boy, but am undecided at this point. Likely, I will not circumcise. My son is 11 and he was born with hypospadias. I was advised it was ok for him to be circumcised and it ended up being a horrible experience. Immediately following the procedure, the doctor who performed it sent us to the ER at the childrens hospital, as he couldn't stop the bleeding. They almost had to put him (at 3 weeks old) under general anesthetic to cauterize it. :(

Although I personally prefer the appearance of a circumcised penis, the previous bad experience and the fact that it costs money to have it done will likely prevent me from doing it.

We had our son circumcised. I left the decision up to my husband and he wanted his son to be like him. He was in the room when they did it too - and our son slept through the procedure (which is apparently quite common).

If this baby is a boy, he will obviously be circumcised too.

We over here enjoy torturing our newborn infants! :/

Also, whoever said that circumcised men have less feeling than uncircumcised... this is not a fact and has never been substantiated in the medical community. It's fine if you choose to go one way or the other, but let's not throw half-truths out there.

to be quite honest with you, I prefer sex with an uncircumcised man. Its more comfortable!

like I said before, if my husband wants it done, he can torture the baby. Im not going to.

Im having a girl but if and when i have a boy, no i wont be getting him circumcised. They are born with that 'flap of skin' it for a reason, to protect a very sensitive area, and if cleaned properly, hygeine wont be an issue.

Circumcised males have less feeling than uncircumscised thus proving the point its meant to be left alone.

My personal opinion only and i dont think badly of anyone that chooses to have it done for their LO :flower:

I fully agree. It is there for a reason.

Hi,

I am 23 weeks pregnant with a baby boy and I have been trying to decide whether or not to circumcise him. I am from the U.S. where yes, most boys are circumcises...although I have read that this is slowly changing.

I asked a few of my female friends there opinions on circumcision (not in relation to children as none of them have children...just there general opinions) and all of them think I should do it as none of them would "want to have sex with an uncircumcised man." I personally feel this is ridiculous. My boyfriend in s uncircumcised (hes not originally from the US) and I honestly never even gave it a 2nd thought until now.

My friends have asked me if I "really want to put him in a position where women will be 'grossed out' by him". Once again I find this ridiculous...

My way of thinking is that any girl he is having sex with better be liking him for more then just his penis. And I hope at that point he is in a strong healthy relationship in which I cant imagine it would be a problem.

I am more concerned about the studies which have shown that circumcision can help prevent stds and cancer...
I do think that a circumcised penis is easier to care for...but thats not enough of a reason for me to put my son through a painful operation.

So anyways at this point I am undecided.....at least I have a few more months to decide....lol

when i clicked on this one I was wondering if it had gotten out of hand like the breastfeeding debates- As this one is a touchy subject. It has alot to do with the culture you were raised in and the location of the families wishes you are following.

My family is a pretty common US family where the boys are done just because it is the norm. I married a man from a different "culture" so to say where none of the men are done. He is completely against the idea for obvious reasons of his background and I would have been for it before meeting him just because its normal. Now I have no clue what would happen if we would be blessed with another baby but i thank my lucky stars we dont have to have that family WAR yet. there would be no pleasing both families so one way or another someones mom is going to be upset!

my little man will be left exactly as nature intended!!! No way would i ever have him cut i personally just dont agree with it he will have what he was born with.
doesnt mean im saying anyone else is in the wrong x

No. I will not be getting my little boy circumcised.

I don't care if family don't agree. I don't care if it's supposedly better for hygiene. I don't care if people think his penis will look "strange" just because it's uncut.

I'm his mother and I'm not putting my baby through that, for purely vanity and supposed hygiene reasons.

IF there is a medical need for it, of course I would get it done. But only if it was a true need.

I understand different cultures and religions have different ideas on it, I'm not against anyone choosing it for their baby based on those grounds or health grounds. I just choose not to.

:)

I had honestly never even thought about this till now!

I don't think so, unnecessary surgery on my newborn!? :(

I did it with my boys.
I got it done because it was what my DH had done and what he wanted for them.
They got it done as soon as they were born.

Why is it done?
I'm having a girl but even if i was having a boy i wouldn't have thought about it as, obviously, i don't know what the reasoning is behind it?!..xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"