Circumcision?

hm, did I miss something? But I'll be doing it for my son!
..personally I just think it looks better, and from what me and my doctors and OH have discussed, it's a very good hygiene pro. So of course, that's top priority.

I don't understand why this topic would have a need to get heated tbh, it's just a matter of opinion which everyone is entitled to. It's not like it does the baby any harm, ok yea it will hurt but so do injections etc and most mothers let their babies have those with no hesitation :shrug:. I will be getting my little boy circumcised if I have one, OH agrees but for people who dont want to; well that's their choice, it's their baby. I think some people are just too closed minded

just visting frm 2nd tri but ill be here in a week ....yay..im not a nurse lol but i will be getting my son done also .... dnt care what the haters think either lol :) my kid so ill do what i think is best....

I posted on a thread once giving the same reasons as you ladies. One main reason was the appearance and the child is less likely to get grief from other children, plus they should be the same as dad right? I also agree with you ladies that the decision is up to the family and no one deserves criticism for that. Just because we are having a girl this time doesn't mean we won't have to consider it with a future child.

Having said that, a doula posted on FB this morning a link to Dr. Momma- Death from Circumcision Because a 2 day old baby boy died yesterday in our area as the result of a heart attack during a circumcision. This page has details on why complications may arise and that a mere 2.3 ounces of blood loss is enough to kill a baby.

I was pro-circumcision for the most part until I saw that. I did not realize that almost 200 babies (that are reported) die a year from this procedure in the U.S.

Even if you stick with your decision that is your personal choice. I would at least read this and be informed though. Happy and Healthy pregnancies to you!

ull get that on this topic.as everyone has strong views.just dont take it to heart u will never meet these people anyway so dont lose any sleep LOL

I am also a nurse (OR) and won't be circumcising our little one. I will teach him the importance of hygiene when he is old enough. It takes my husband 2 secs to clean and dry properly after a shower. After all we all clean our lady bits don't we?

I find it strange being a nurse is an excuse for doing this after all part of our job is patient care and hygiene lol.

A while back someone posted a video with a very informative lecture regarding the circumcision debate. The vid included a clip of a newborn actually being cut, I honestly think if you are willing to do this to your son you should watch that clip.

It is a very personal subject posted on a board full of hormonal women who all think their way is THE way so unless it's something really informative don't take any notice! I personally don't think circumcision is right for my sons-if it wasn't meant to be there they wouldn't have been born with it but I'm not going to rip into someone for their personal belief and choice.

I'm having a girl but if i was having a boy i wouldnt even consider doing it as i personally feel hygiene is taught by the parents and i also feel it should be a personal choice for the person just like getting a girls ears pierced so the son should be able to decide for himself when he is old enough.

religion is a different debate for me.

I am strongly against circumcision BUT i dont not judge people who agree with it i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Also in the UK it's not classed as the "norm" to have your son circumcised like it is in the US & other countries.

Fellow nurse here too (work in ICU). I will also be getting my son circumcised for hygienic purposes. And personally, I like the look of a circumcised one better. But to each their own! Sorry about all the negativity.

Nurses unite! Lol :). Triple is a nurse too! Hubby is in Med-Surg/Telemetry and I am in Pediatrics. Aside from hygienic purposes, I also agree that a circumcised penis looks better than a non-circumcised one.

I don't mean to be ignorant but I didn't realize the whole circumcision thing can spark such negativity. Sorry about all this Triple. Congrats on the triplets! Wow :)

Neither did I? I had no idea people would hate me for asking a question oh well

Don't take it personally... I think people who have 'been around' awhile and are nearing the end have the seen the circumcision threads turn nasty overrrrrr and overrrrrr..... whereas if you're newer to third tri, you may not yet realize what the circ threads turn into.
So.... people who are worn out from the same ol' debate are the ones who were warning you about it. That's all. Trust me... I have NEVER seen a circumcision thread turn out well.
Well, actually, except for the elephant one...

P.s. if you're bummed that this hasn't given you the info you hoped for, do a forum search on circumcision, and you'll find all the old threads. You can go through those and see what others have to say, etc...

My son was circumsized at 2 days old in the hospital using the plastibell method. I was with him the whole time. He never showed any signs of distress or pain. I just wiped carefully around the ring, and the ring fell off 3 days later.
I do not regret my decision and would do it again if I had another boy.

My son was circumsized at 2 days old in the hospital using the plastibell method. I was with him the whole time. He never showed any signs of distress or pain. I just wiped carefully around the ring, and the ring fell off 3 days later.

I am just wondering did ur lil man get local anesthetic? That is wonderful; that u stayed with him. I did not stay with my son and was told they only gave him sugar water:growlmad: so I have no idea if he was in pain:cry:

I am just wondering did ur lil man get local anesthetic? That is wonderful; that u stayed with him. I did not stay with my son and was told they only gave him sugar water:growlmad: so I have no idea if he was in pain:cry:

They applied a numbing cream to the area, then inserted the ring. The procedure took less then 10 minutes. I requested to be present during it, and they had no problems allowing me to be there.
I would talk to your OB about what method he uses, and whether you can be present or not. That way you can do more research and make a more informed decision.

They applied a numbing cream to the area, then inserted the ring. The procedure took less then 10 minutes. I requested to be present during it, and they had no problems allowing me to be there.
I would talk to your OB about what method he uses, and whether you can be present or not. That way you can do more research and make a more informed decision.

now that was a helpful post. :happydance:

Don't take it personally... I think people who have 'been around' awhile and are nearing the end have the seen the circumcision threads turn nasty overrrrrr and overrrrrr..... whereas if you're newer to third tri, you may not yet realize what the circ threads turn into.
So.... people who are worn out from the same ol' debate are the ones who were warning you about it. That's all. Trust me... I have NEVER seen a circumcision thread turn out well.
Well, actually, except for the elephant one...

Amen.

Attachments

• elephant-slide_130434632942.jpg
    elephant-slide_130434632942.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 7
Didn't realise there was some negative feedbacks about circumcision on bnb :shrug: im surprised! Anyway i'm having a boy and he's getting circumcised thats my and my DH's decision no gets a say in it except us :)

Out of interest, is this mainly an issue in the US? neither my doctor or midwife has ever approached me on this. I've never actually thought about it : /

Out of interest, is this mainly an issue in the US? neither my doctor or midwife has ever approached me on this. I've never actually thought about it : /

Circumcision is more common here in the US, not sure in other countries, so can't comment on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->