Circumcision?

tripletsOMG

Reaction score
thanks for the negitivity but I can not delete this. However I was clearly wondering not making my decision based on what people "online" think I should do. Wow never see this kind a stuff when people ask Oh is my baby ok? I have a problem? Ect. Those are also serious and I dont think people base there decision to go to the hospital based on your response they are merely looking for opinions and maybe a little compasion and understanding. I am completely shocked WOW!

You may not have wanted to open a can of worms, but.....

Just looking for thoughts not debates. My first son was circumcised at birth and I havent made up my mind on the twins 100% yet so I am impartial at this point.

Nobody should be making this decision based on the opinions of random people online. Its a personal decision best discussed with your family and health care providers.

Hubby and I chose to have our baby circumcised for hygienic purposes. We are both nurses.

Thank you Red* I am also a nurse in the ER:0) Congrats on your pregnancy

Fellow nurse here too (work in ICU). I will also be getting my son circumcised for hygienic purposes. And personally, I like the look of a circumcised one better. But to each their own! Sorry about all the negativity.

hey hun, circumcision threads do tend to get heated, mainly by people who are very opposed to it not understanding why any1 would consider it and it can get pretty nasty. however before i found out my baby is a little girl i was very unsure what to do and followed a thread to see what people thought. not like id ever make my decision based on it, its just nice to hear different points of view. in the end i had two view points, it was important to baby's dad and i thought it was fair for dads to want LO the same as then (and if dad thinks its better then clearly he doesnt see all these negatives other posters were arguing for - plus hes a man, he prob has the edge on the info re penis') however i did worry how id feel if i had to take baby to get it done and hated the thought of causing any pain, even for a short period - that said babies all have to get their jabs and they arent overly pleasant either. def all personal choice but hope u get some valid opinions and feedback but dnt worry if ppl turn it in to an arguement, its generally a heated subject xxx

Sigh...it's a very heated topic...I'm so sorry that it was met with a lot of negativity.

Fellow nurse here too (work in ICU). I will also be getting my son circumcised for hygienic purposes. And personally, I like the look of a circumcised one better. But to each their own! Sorry about all the negativity.

Nurses unite! Lol :). Triple is a nurse too! Hubby is in Med-Surg/Telemetry and I am in Pediatrics. Aside from hygienic purposes, I also agree that a circumcised penis looks better than a non-circumcised one.

I don't mean to be ignorant but I didn't realize the whole circumcision thing can spark such negativity. Sorry about all this Triple. Congrats on the triplets! Wow :)

:dohh:

Nurses unite! Lol :). Triple is a nurse too! Hubby is in Med-Surg/Telemetry and I am in Pediatrics. Aside from hygienic purposes, I also agree that a circumcised penis looks better than a non-circumcised one.

I don't mean to be ignorant but I didn't realize the whole circumcision thing can spark such negativity. Sorry about all this Triple. Congrats on the triplets! Wow :)

Omg I didn't read your signature :dohh: I'm so sorry Hun.

I actually don't see any negativity here. I see one post warning that this will get heated, and my own advising that its best discussed with your family (read OH) and your doctors. If you are referring to mine as negativity, I will apologise because that was not my intent. The problem with these threads is everybody ends up offended. Those who will circumsise are going to feel attacked by all who post that its horribly painful and they just couldn't do that to a baby. Those against circ are going to be offended by all who post that circ'd is more hygienic, and will take it as an insult to their spouses and sons.
I got way heated in a circ thread months ago in 2nd tri, and I've seen plenty of other women here do the same everytime it comes up. Again, sorry if I offended, was not looking to stir the pot.

im a student nurse so will b joining u guys soon!
i think alot of (def not all) the negativity can be on the uk side, its pretty uncommon here xxx

i too dont understand why they get soo heated. I saw one a a few months back here is third tri when i was popping over from second tri. Everyone has there reasons for why or why not. I dont think any reason is wrong. I wont be getting LO circ because like a pp said it was his dads dicision as he know more about that subject then me haha. But if it was up to me and my side of family LO would deff have it done. btw i am a lpn working on my rn too hhaha

I don't mean to be rude but these threads are started soooooo many times with the same outcome. I have 3 boys and yes all are circumcised , but that was my choice. There is really no right or wrong and honestly it is a little bit annoying that this threads keep getting started with the same outcome. It it is your choice and i really don't think poeple on a forum can decide or sway that for you. Again I mean no disrespect..
Good Luck:hugs::hugs:

I wished these threads didn't get so heated, I think they could be very helpful hearing the pros and cons and cirumcision without getting nasty opinions on the matter. I have a little boy on the way and have to think about what I want to do, but its hard getting valuable info with memebers usually calling other memebers horrible mothers for doing it. I think we can all place our opinions in a nice manner instead of getting ugly.
I'm pretty sure we will be circumsizing, cause I am leaving it up to my husband to decide and thats what he wants to do. I'm not a man, and he is, so he knows what is best for him.
Lets make this thread different than the others, and have a different outcome :)

i wished these threads didn't get so heated, i think they could be very helpful hearing the pros and cons and cirumcision without getting nasty opinions on the matter. I have a little boy on the way and have to think about what i want to do, but its hard getting valuable info with memebers usually calling other memebers horrible mothers for doing it. I think we can all place our opinions in a nice manner instead of getting ugly.
I'm pretty sure we will be circumsizing, cause i am leaving it up to my husband to decide and thats what he wants to do. I'm not a man, and he is, so he knows what is best for him.
Lets make this thread different than the others, and have a different outcome :)

agreed!!

I have seen the craziness on the circ threads! Its something people feel strongly about. I get why some don't want to do it but my OH has a penis and I don't so he gets to make the decisions about his son's penis and he wants the baby circumcised. I would be fine either way. I have the baby bump app on my iphone (sheesh a lot of those women are ignorant and MEAN) and today a lady posted some inflammatory crap about circs causing more deaths than choking and SIDS. Yeah seriously. I was SHOCKED as was everyone else. People like to make up statistics and stories about their cousin's neighbor's wife's nephew's mailman's baby just to suit their own decisions.

Just know that whatever you decide, your sons will be fine!

We're going to do it. Never even would consider not doing it TBH.

We're having a girl, but when we thought it was a boy I told dh that I would leave the decision to him. He said he would want the baby circumsized as it is what is routinely done here and feels that it might be tough to be different, and he personally is glad that he is and sees no ill effects with it. I talked to my friend and her husband when they were here visiting from argentina. THey are both doctors in argentina and they said that they do not really circumsize over there, but if they lived here in the US they would definitely do it, as they do feel it is more sanitary. They said it is not unsanitary to be uncircumsized, but you do have to pay attention to it more and be aware of it more. I feel I would do the same...if I lived in a country where it was the norm to not circumsize then I wouldn't, but I don't see it as really harming the child and here it is the norm. I also do agree that it is less prone to bacteria etc. I know what a pain in the butt it is to take care of a vagina, and if there was a way to remove some skin and make it a non issue and reduce chances of infection etc, I would be the first in line for that. Sorry if anyone disagrees, it is just my opinion and I totally respect those who choose differently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->