Clearblue digital...still saying 2-3 weeks pregnant :(

dollych

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Have any of you used the Clearblue digital pregnancy test?. I used them with my other 2 pregnancies and they were fine, but I'm worried with this one.
I'm 6 weeks 2 days. I used the test the 1st week I got my BFP and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant. A week later I did another test and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant. I did another test this morning and it should have gone up to 3+ but it's still saying 2-3 weeks pregnant!!.
Is this right???. Does it go from the day of your last period or the day you conceived??. I'm 6 weeks 2 days pregnant according to the Docs and 4 weeks 1 day from when I conceived!!. I can't find anything on the website about it and the helpline is closed at the weekends!!.
Thanks.

These tests cause so much worry, mine stuck at 2-3 and I had a scan Thursday and I'm now 6 plus 5 weeks with a good strong heartbeat :)

Try not to worry Hun I've heard so much bad things about these tests

Xx

Its all based on your HCG, from what i can recall from reading the website

1-2 weeks is 25+ HCG
2-3 Weeks is 200+ HCG
3+ is 20,000 HCG..

I only got my 3+ when (and i had my blood done the same day it rolled to 3+ hcg was 18707, so its simply an estimate as to your conception weeks, going from a REALLY small test sample of womens bloods. I too had a meltdown about not getting my 3+ when I was 5 weeks, currently 8 weeks and all fine :) (had 2 scans already etc)

:flower::flower:

The 3+ threshold I found online for the Clear blue tests is 2000.

For me, knowing the thresholds makes it a good tool. I compared it to the normal ranges of hcg in pregnant woman. The ranges are HUGE, IMO, but the manufacturer has to pick some kind of cutoff for us.

Normal hcg levels (per the internet)

3 weeks pregnant - 5-50
4 weeks 5-426
5 weeks 18-7340
6 weeks 1080-56500

A normal pregnancy could show 2-3 weeks since ovulation on clear blue and still be 6 weeks pregnant with these ranges.

Yes, our lives would be so much easier if we could just get a number to monitor on our own, lol.

Not sure if you dip in urineinstead of peeing on stick but I have bad aim.. And got the 3+ after dipping

Yep, those tests are awful... I had the same problem, test was stuck at 2-3 for like 2 weeks and I freaked out. Then I just stopped wasting money them! Got my first scan at 7+4 and saw happy little baby with hb. Don't stress yourself out, it really is a marketing ploy to get you to buy more out of anxiety. Unless you are having bleeding or other mc signs I would assume that baby is fine.

i'm 12 dpo and used a clearblue digital test for the first time this morning. it too ages to actually get a reading from it, well over 5 mins. It was a bfn anyway, so who knows. i won't be testing again til AF is actually late now.

Hi hun aint used a clear blue but kind of freaking out the same as my pregnancy tests seem to be getting lighter than the first one hope it changes soon hun xxx

So glad I found this, freaking my self out did a clear blue test last Wednesday got 2 to 3 weeks, I then did one on Sunday and got the same so got another 2 PK today fecked up the first one did not work for me at all and when I did get to use the other one I still got a 2 - 3 and I am 5 weeks plus 5 days :cry: so worried now! does not help that I normally have MS at this point and very mild or very little at this point :nope:

I used those tests and it did take me a while to get the 3+. My understanding is for 3+ the hcg must be over 2000 x

I used those tests and it did take me a while to get the 3+. My understanding is for 3+ the hcg must be over 2000 x

I used them before in my previous 2 pregnancies and got 3+ fairly quickly never had a problem regretting getting them now and the first of the pk didn't work for me waste of money

I think I got a 3+ at about 6 weeks. Yeah they are really expensive too! X

Hi Girls,

Have any of you used the Clearblue digital pregnancy test?. I used them with my other 2 pregnancies and they were fine, but I'm worried with this one.
I'm 6 weeks 2 days. I used the test the 1st week I got my BFP and it said 1-2 weeks pregnant. A week later I did another test and it said 2-3 weeks pregnant. I did another test this morning and it should have gone up to 3+ but it's still saying 2-3 weeks pregnant!!.
Is this right???. Does it go from the day of your last period or the day you conceived??. I'm 6 weeks 2 days pregnant according to the Docs and 4 weeks 1 day from when I conceived!!. I can't find anything on the website about it and the helpline is closed at the weekends!!.
Thanks.

The test tells you how many weeks you are from when you ovulated. If you still have the directions, there a little diagram that explains everything. The test could be wrong or you could have ovulated later and not be as far along. There are so many variables. I wouldn't sweat it. Congrats!!!!!:thumbup:

i wouldnt watch home tests to follow pregnancy progression unless it was a possible chemical but that usually occurs when you get your period. if your doctor isnt worried about your dates, dont depend on a stick to tell you about your body it'll only make you worry.

This is exactly my worry and so so expensive.

With my daughter I got a 3+ at 17dpo!

With this one 1-2 10dpo, 2-3 at 13dpo and still 2-3 now at 22dpo :wacko:

This is my digi inside smu today hopefully will change soon and my ic today

What you all think :shrug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 68
Another closer of same test

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 30

they look good to me :) never thought of opening the digital :flower: may be a different sex baby! that's what I am hoping is the reason or the digital are just a good way to get us to spend more money

they look good to me :) never thought of opening the digital :flower: may be a different sex baby! that's what I am hoping is the reason or the digital are just a good way to get us to spend more money

Haha me too I really want a boy! Do you remember me? We was I'm LTTTC section together :)

I actually read there could be a link that girl hgc climbs faster than boys although not sure how true that is. Im also sure its a ploy to make money! :wacko:

I had a loss at 5+6 where the digi showed 1-2 so just panicking lol xx

Haha me too I really want a boy! Do you remember me? We was I'm LTTTC section together :)

I actually read there could be a link that girl hgc climbs faster than boys although not sure how true that is. Im also sure its a ploy to make money! :wacko:

I had a loss at 5+6 where the digi showed 1-2 so just panicking lol xx

Yes I do remember you :flower: look were we are now :p well at least of your getting 2-3 your still on track lots do not get a 3+ till 6 weeks

no sure if that is true, I think my HCG is higher for boys and lower for a girl I have only one and it was low on her I was up the wall with worry till I had my first scan I could be the exception to that rule though LOL

I don't think these tests are as good as they used to be. When I first used them when I was pregnant with DD in 2012 the writing stayed on the test for quite a while, now it disappears the next day :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->