Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Lisa, I was just signing on to see if anyone here experiences cramping in their LP after Clomid. So I guess there's one answer! I've been cramping off and on since 4dpo. Mostly minor cramps, but every now and then I'll get a sharp one -- sometimes they wake me up at night. Part of me wants to believe their implantation cramps of some kind (even though it started happening way too early) and part of me wants to think it's just AF making her presence known super early so I don't get my hopes up. UGH. This is seriously the only side effect I've had, and I don't know whether it's because of the Clomid, the progesterone, or the HSG I had done earlier this month...

Well for me.... I don't think it's the HSG, mine was Oct 31st so that's old news, and I'm not on progesterone. But it could very well be the Clomid. I'm the same, I don't want to get my hopes up. :shrug: Mine have been like dull cramps, right around my right ovary area, which I think is the ovary I ovulated from based on my cramps. So maybe it's just the tube pushing the egg down?? Mine haven't been sharp at all, but they're kind of like, burn-y? Hahaha. What dpo are you now?

Yay for the 2WW!!!! Just remember it doesnt always show up early... my BFP didn't show up til 16DPO! Maybe your DH had some fast swimmers and they got to your egg really fast?!!! :rofl:

Thank you for the reminder to keep sane! I really want to try to wait until the 14th to test, but that will be 16 dpo! I don't think I can make it that long!

I'm 8dpo. Mine aren't like a burning sensations -- they really do feel like the minor cramps I get on the second day of AF, and while I think they started off near one or both ovaries, they're definitely uterine cramps these past few days. Usually it's just a random cramp a few times a day, and sometimes I'll get a sharp one (a few times, I've woken up at night because of a sharp cramp). I'm not sure what to think, but I think I'll feel better if I think it's a side effect of the Clomid. I'll probably test tomorrow again, like an absolute nut, but my official test date is supposed to be Jan 7.

Well then to keep us both sane, we'll say it's the Clomid! :haha:

Woah - EDIT THAT - Your chart looks AMAZING!!!

I agree!!! LemonTea you chart looks soooo good!! I'll be chart stalking!!

I take mine at lunch. Or at least I have this time. Praying that it works!

So I see we have a lot of teachers! What does everybody teach?
I teach 4th and 5th grade special education and I service students with learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and autism.

Kellie, how are you feeling?

so sorry i am still trying to figure this out, excuse my excessive posts :)

i teach middle school p.e.

Yay for a group of educators! My doc keeps telling me not to stress but I keep reminding him that I'm a teacher and in Virginia we have SOLs that require a ridiculous pass rate. I don't know how to not stress! :hehe:

I have had cramps on both rounds of Clomid so I'm going with a side effect for me any way!

I too have been having uterine cramps. I am still not sure if I have ovulated yet tho. Since this is my first round of clomid, I'm going to assume it is a side effect.

Lisa, have you seen your temp spike yet?

So i need to vent. I told some close friends at school today our news and their response was "well now you won't have fun in Atlantic city next month". Really?? Just bc I can't drink I won't have.fun??? Ughh that just made me mad.

How is everyone else doing today?

Kellie that's annoying! Sorry you had to deal with that! :hugs:

Chloe - Yes today finally!! :happydance: Yesterdays was high but I took it after an afternoon nap not when I usually do, so that was cheating. Haha. But today's was my normal time and it's nice and high. Let's hope it stays that way!

LOL -- my high temps are totally because of the progesterone prescription I'm taking. I wish my natural temps post O were that high!

LOL -- my high temps are totally because of the progesterone prescription I'm taking. I wish my natural temps post O were that high!

Aw man! Well, it's cool to see them that high, whatever the cause. :haha:

LemonTea, is this your first cycle using prometrium? Are you taking them as pills or suppositories?

Just speaking from experience, I was on prometrium last cycle 100mg twice a day vaginally. And they TOTALLY had me fooled that I was preggo. TOTALLY. I had tons of minor cramping, not like AF, at all. Lengthened my short luteal phase by an extra 7 days. I had every preggo symptom in the book. I kept telling myself it was b/c of the progesterone, but of COURSE, in my heart I had convinced myself I was preggo. And my letdown was really bad this time b/c of it.

Anyways, this could TOTALLY be your month, but if I can save you any heartache at all, most of it could just be the progesterone. I am absolutely taking progesterone again this cycle after I O, but this time I decided I'm not charting my temps after I O, and now this cycle I'll KNOW my symptoms are all just the progesterone, so my plan is to keep the TWW extremely lax. G/L!! I do truly hope it's your month - all you ladies!!!

What are they usually like post O??

Usually, my temps rise slowly after O, and even then I rarely get a sustained temp over 98.4 or so. And usually, once it hits the highest point, my temp starts dropping pretty soon after. So on the one hand, it's really nice seeing my temps around 98.6 for the last few days (although it did start to drop recently). On the other hand, it's hard not to get my hopes up too high even when I know that my temps are probably artificially high because of the progesterone. But at least I'm at 10dpo with no spotting -- that's an improvement!

In other news, I think I'm out for sure for this month. Not a hint of a line on any test I've taken this week, and my temps have started to fall gradually. I am going to wait until 14dpo before stopping the progesterone, but part of me wants to stop it now so I can get on with Clomid Cycle 2 (even though I know there is still a chance of a BFP this month).

LemonTea, is this your first cycle using prometrium? Are you taking them as pills or suppositories?

Just speaking from experience, I was on prometrium last cycle 100mg twice a day vaginally. And they TOTALLY had me fooled that I was preggo. TOTALLY. I had tons of minor cramping, not like AF, at all. Lengthened my short luteal phase by an extra 7 days. I had every preggo symptom in the book. I kept telling myself it was b/c of the progesterone, but of COURSE, in my heart I had convinced myself I was preggo. And my letdown was really bad this time b/c of it.

Anyways, this could TOTALLY be your month, but if I can save you any heartache at all, most of it could just be the progesterone. I am absolutely taking progesterone again this cycle after I O, but this time I decided I'm not charting my temps after I O, and now this cycle I'll KNOW my symptoms are all just the progesterone, so my plan is to keep the TWW extremely lax. G/L!! I do truly hope it's your month - all you ladies!!!

Thanks for this post! Yep, this is my first cycle on Prometrium (taking it as a suppository). I used over-the-counter progesterone cream last month, and my temps never got as high as they have with the prescription pills, so it's good to know that it is doing what it is supposed to do. And yes -- I've been having a ton of cramps. I like the idea of not charting temps once O is confirmed. I think I will do that next cycle, just to give me one less thing to obsess over since I know prometrium is going to give me super high temps, and I know that either it or the Clomid is giving me crazy cramps pretty much every day since O.

How many months of Clomid have you tried?

Questions for all you ladies still taking Clomid:

I've already started thinking about what is going to be next if Clomid doesn't work for us, but I'm having a hard time making up my mind. My RE is very open to whatever DH and I want to do. In some ways that's great, but sometimes I just want her to tell me what the hell I have to do to get pregnant -- I don't want to have to decide everything myself! So, assuming that Clomid doesn't work for you (yeah, I know -- it's depressing to think about...):

How many months maximum are you planning to try Clomid before moving onto something else?

What do you think you'll try next? (IUIs, Injections, IVF?)

My doctor wants me to try 6 months and I think I'm okay with that.

I don't know what we will try after that. Maybe a stronger drug but I don't know. Doctor said that he likes to go 6 months on Clomid, then switch to a different drug, then go back to Clomid if needed. We shall see...hopefully though I won't need any more rounds. Praying this is the cycle for all of us!!!

I am probably going to call my doctor once I hit CD40 since i dont think I have actually O'd. Temp is still low, despite 3 days of +OPK's starting 12 days ago. I had what I think was EWCM yesterday, although DH and I BD 2 nights prior. Its hard to tell the difference between his stuff and EWCM, but I think 1.5 days is enough time for all of that stuff to fall out of me. No EWCM today tho, so i'm not really sure what is up with that. I would like to go to 100 mg Clomid next cycle. I'm a little worried my tubes may be blocked, since it didnt work for me this month. I'm going to have to wait for AF to come naturally, since I wasn't given any progesterone:-(

LemonTea, to answer you question, I think 9 months would probably be my cutoff. I feel like even tho i have been trying since June, I've only O'd twice that I can confirm, so I should give myself more cycles of actually O'ing before i start considering other treatments. Its so frustrating having long cycles, knowing that the time between O's is way longer than it needs to be.

I am 30 years old, have a BMI of 18.5, eat organic food, exericize, and do everything 'right', but yet my body still doesn't want to do what it is supposed to do. I blame the 10+ years of BCP that I took. sorry girls, needed to have a little pity party for myself. :cry:

But on to 2012, and I can't wait to become bump buddies with you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->