Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

I take mine at lunch. Or at least I have this time. Praying that it works!

So I see we have a lot of teachers! What does everybody teach?
I teach 4th and 5th grade special education and I service students with learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and autism.

Kellie, how are you feeling?

I'm in the UK I teach year 6 I don't know what grade that is in the US??

I'm on cd9 now. Had ewcm today, but not sure if maybe it's dh's left over spermies :blush:?? Don't think so cos we haven't BD in 24 hours and I still have it.

I'm getting really worried and anxious that I won't ovulate :wacko:

Lemontea - I think I would try Clomid for about 6-9 months, then try IUI - this is often done in conjunction with Clomid and a trigger shot. Hopefully I won't even need to think about any of that though!!

Chloe - Do you have a link to your chart?? Don't worry about the pity part, vent away. I have moments where I need to do the same - I'm also 30 and wonder why I kept taking bcp and waited until we were married, had a house and stable jobs, blah blah blah. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have started years ago! :growlmad:

Maisy - Oh dear, don't be anxious yet, you're only on cd 9! That's still so early!! Sounds like ov is coming!

Lemontea - I think I would try Clomid for about 6-9 months, then try IUI - this is often done in conjunction with Clomid and a trigger shot. Hopefully I won't even need to think about any of that though!!

Chloe - Do you have a link to your chart?? Don't worry about the pity part, vent away. I have moments where I need to do the same - I'm also 30 and wonder why I kept taking bcp and waited until we were married, had a house and stable jobs, blah blah blah. If I knew it was going to take this long I would have started years ago! :growlmad:

Maisy - Oh dear, don't be anxious yet, you're only on cd 9! That's still so early!! Sounds like ov is coming!

I, too, am almost 30 and wonder everyday why I didn't go to the doctor much MUCH sooner than I did. My DH and I were trying for the LONGEST time to get pregnant, but I figured it would eventually work itself out and just happen. Needless to say, I actually did have a problem that turned out to be something that can easily be fixed (at least I hope). I could just kick myself each month that I test and get a :bfn: that I should have done something sooner. :shrug:

My dr only wanted to do clomid for 3 months, then talk about other options after that, which I have no clue what that would be.

Good luck ladies!! You're all almost in the TWW!

Thanks for this post! Yep, this is my first cycle on Prometrium (taking it as a suppository). I used over-the-counter progesterone cream last month, and my temps never got as high as they have with the prescription pills, so it's good to know that it is doing what it is supposed to do. And yes -- I've been having a ton of cramps. I like the idea of not charting temps once O is confirmed. I think I will do that next cycle, just to give me one less thing to obsess over since I know prometrium is going to give me super high temps, and I know that either it or the Clomid is giving me crazy cramps pretty much every day since O.

How many months of Clomid have you tried?

Check out my charts, you can see my first month charting w/o progesterone, then my progesterone cycle, and my temps didn't go up super-high, they were the same as the previous cycle, they just stayed up instead of crashing down so early.

I used progesterone until 14dpo, then it took 2 and a 1/2 days to get AF after I stopped, which I thought may be more heavy than previous; nope, it was very normal!

This is my first cycle of Clomid, I should be O'ing sometime this week. I have 3 refills after this cycle, plus this is just my 6th cycle TTC, so I haven't even thought about what we're going to try next!

DH is getting a SA on Jan.14th, so that may or may not dictate what happens next. :wacko:

Well I got a +OPK again today, 10 days after my last +OPK. I even double checked with a digital OPK that has smiley faces, and it was smiling back at me. That along with EWCM yesterday makes me think that I'm about to O??? So confused. I think I linked my chart to this post. I'm also starting to wonder if there may be something wrong with my thermometer. This morning my temp was 96.8 before getting out of bed. I just took my temp now and it says it is 97.1. After a full day of moving around, and I currently have both a laptop and a cat on me. I would think I would have a larger temp difference between am and pm? Does anyone else notice that?

So if i do O today, i probably won't get preggo because DH doesn't want to BD since I am sick. He said we should wait until tomorrow as if i'm magically going to get better on day 2 of a cold?? grr. I've been taking cold eeze every 3 hours tho and am crossing my fingers for feeling better tomorrow.

Hope all you teachers enjoyed your winter break! I'm an engineer with very little vacation time so i worked while most everyone else took time off.

My Ovulation Chart

Well I got a +OPK again today, 10 days after my last +OPK. I even double checked with a digital OPK that has smiley faces, and it was smiling back at me. That along with EWCM yesterday makes me think that I'm about to O??? So confused. I think I linked my chart to this post. I'm also starting to wonder if there may be something wrong with my thermometer. This morning my temp was 96.8 before getting out of bed. I just took my temp now and it says it is 97.1. After a full day of moving around, and I currently have both a laptop and a cat on me. I would think I would have a larger temp difference between am and pm? Does anyone else notice that?

So if i do O today, i probably won't get preggo because DH doesn't want to BD since I am sick. He said we should wait until tomorrow as if i'm magically going to get better on day 2 of a cold?? grr. I've been taking cold eeze every 3 hours tho and am crossing my fingers for feeling better tomorrow.

Hope all you teachers enjoyed your winter break! I'm an engineer with very little vacation time so i worked while most everyone else took time off.

My Ovulation Chart

Yeah doesn't look like you ov'd before when you got your positive OPKs, so this could be it!! You should ov within 24-48 hours, so BD tomorrow might be perfect timing!! :thumbup: Good luck, I hope you feel better!

PS - Put the link to your chart in your signature, that way we can stalk you more often. :winkwink:

Good morning ladies! I got my hcg levels back from yesterday and they are looking great. 26,466!!!

Hi girls, hope some of you can give me some advice....I'm cd 11 today. Still having ewcm (I think although it could be hubby's leftovers lol) but my opk's are still light. No smiley faces yet. I'm not havig any ovulation pain either. I've really got a feeling that clomid isn't going to make me ovulate any earlier. How many days before ovulation did you ladies start getting ovulation pain? Did you get ewcm and did you find your opks gradually got darker or just were negative one day and positive the next? Sorry for going on I'm just really panicking and feeling down xx

Chloe it looks like you had your spike today!!!

Hello everyone,

I'm New year! I'm starting clomid tonight, hope I won't have any side effect.

I've been TTC since june, and had a miscarriage in october.

Oh sorry i don't know how to edit... Sorry for the wrong spellings, my iPad doesn't seem to like english!

Kellie, that is great about your HSG levels! They just keep flying up! Love watching the baby size pictures...sweet pea now :)

Yeah, I think i got my temp spike, I just hope it wasn't too late. I put a fake temp in for tomorrow and it shows my OV as 2 days ago, when i had the temp dip, 3 days after we BD. So depending on what time I actually O'd, my BD last night may have been too late. I guess I'll find out in 2 weeks. I am wondering if the Clomid even helped, since I didn't O until CD32. that seems way late for Clomid to have had an effect. What do you girls think?

Maisy, my OPK's are always darker than i think they should be, and then on day of LH surge, they were the color of the control line. I did not see any fade in. I also have had weird cramping pretty much for the entire month, so I dont know what was O pain and what was just random Clomid side effect pain. Sorry, not much help. you are only CD11. What day do you O without Clomid? I wouldn't be concerned yet, although I got pretty worried after CD22 and no O for me, so I can totally understand the panic feeling.

Thanks for your help Chloe. I can ovulate anywhere between cd 23 and cd 42 without clomid, normally around cd28. Really hoping I'll ovulate close to cd14 with clomid. It's so stressfull and scary isn't it? I think part of my problem is I started doing opk from cd7 so I feel like I've been waiting for a while already. Good luck to us all xx

Welcome Bbnutella!

Good luck Maisy! I also had a lot of cramping this first month on Clomid -- I have no idea if the pains I've been feeling are related to anything but a side effect of the pill. Usually I do feel a little O pain if I happen to ovulate during the day, but for me, it is always a sharp tugging/pinching sensation that only last for a few seconds (and might happen twice in a span of a couple hours). The cramping I had this month was a lot more like AF than any O pain I've ever had.

Ladies, it's official. I really hate what my body (and specifically my temperatures) is doing to my emotions. I've been having a gradual decline in temps for a few days now, and even though I've been taking PG tests, in the back of my head I have NO expectation that any will be positive. I've really been thinking that AF is on the way, and that once I finish this progesterone, I'll get to start Clomid Cycle #2. But then, yesterday my temps went up after a sharp dip, and then today they were even higher. I KNOW progesterone gives you high temps -- people have been warning me not to put too much faith in high temps when you're taking a progesterone supplement. But I can't turn my brain off from thinking that maybe I DID have an implantation dip? (I never know whether to believe in them or not, since my temps dip during my LP nearly every month at one time or another, and clearly I'm not expecting a baby.) So this morning, I took another test even though I knew not to expect anything, and it was crushing to see that BFN.

I really just wish AF would get here already so I can move on emotionally! But I would feel guilty and always wonder 'what if' if I stop taking the progesterone sooner than 14DPO just to end this cycle. To make matters worse, FF tells me that over 70% of people who use my brand of PG test have their BFP on or before 12dpo, so I really feel like I'm being tortured knowing that when I test again 14dpo (and tomorrow, who am I kidding?) it's going to be another BFN.

I really don't know what's worse at this point. The cramping that I'm assuming Clomid is doing to me, or the crazy temps that the progesterone is giving me. Ugh.

Also, is anyone thinking about trying Femara instead of Clomid on a future cycle? I hear Femara is just as effective (and some studies show even more so) than Clomid, but with far fewer side effects. I'm wondering if it's worth asking my doctor about when I call for my new Clomid prescription next week (I have to call at the end of each cycle if I don't get a BFP since the refills don't roll over automatically), but on the other hand I'm wondering if I should just give the Clomid another two months like DH and I agreed.

I'm really worried about Clomid not leading to a BFP, but instead ruining my uterine lining and getting rid of what little CM I still have left.

LemonTea, I think tomorrow's temp will really give you a good idea of what's going on. I also thought I was out because my temps were going down, then back up, and I had cramps and every sign that AF was on the way. I got BFNs everyday except on 16dpo I got the BFP. Give your temps a couple more days to decide what they're doing.
:dust:

Chantel - How are things with you??????? I haven't talked to you in a long time!

Things are going good! I should be ovulating this weekend so i have my fingers crossed! I'm really trying to focus on my weight loss...which I should say that I feel like I'm starving all the time! We have started a workout group at school. On tuesdays and Thursday's rework out for about an hour. We are walking/jogging/eventually running. We are trying to train for a 5k to support autism awareness. We are also having fun on Thursday's by doing different workout videos or games. We did just dance three today which was hilarious to see 15 teachers dancing in the hallway!

Kellie, how are you feeling? I'm so happy about your HCG levels. Are you going to post your ultrasound pic in a couple weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->