Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Hi All,
I am on my first round of clomid. I started 50 mg on CD 6 and took it for 5 days. I am now on CD 13 with no + on the ovulation test. I normally have longer cycles and don't even begin testing ovulation until CD16, but I thought a + could be expected much sooner with clomid. :nope:

It has me feeling a little bit stressed. My fertility clinic is not very good at describing all of the steps involved. I only know that if I do not get a + on LH surge tomorrow, they want to do another untrasound.

Can anyone share their experience--particularly if you normally have longer cycles? Also, I see several people listing temperatures/progesterone levels with their LH results. Can someone tell me the short version of what to look for with temperature charting? My doctor is not measureing progesterone levels, but I have had w miscarriages (very early) so I am wondering if that is something that is normally done for this or just normally done in general.

It is hard to know whether to trust your doctor or not. Hopefully, after the first round, I will be more in the know.

Amy

Hi Amy!

From what I've read, you can expect to Ov between 6 and 10 days after your last dose of Clomid. For me, I started 50mg on CD#3, so finished on CD#7, and O'ed last month on CD #17 (just under the wire!). I knew I O'ed when my temp went up by ~0.4 degrees and stayed up for several days. When around CD #28 my temps began coming back down, I figured it wasn't my month, and AF came came 3 days later.

If you're only 2 days past your last dose, you're fine!

Oh girls I'm SO SICK of crying over this TTC nonsense. My closest friend at work today told me she's 7 weeks pregnant. She knows (most of) what I've been though, and I don't think she was going to tell me, but I was telling her how a teacher was asking if either of us were yet (it's become a "thing" at work, because her and I got married 2 weeks apart, blah blah) and she got all red and just blurted it out. Best part?! She stopped bcp 2 months ago, meanwhile I'm going on month 15. I feel so bad, I don't even know what I said, but I know I didn't really act all that happy. I apologized later. Obviously I am, but I was so shocked and it was really hard to hear. We share an office, and sat there for the last 45 minutes of the day not talking, she could tell I was upset and didn't even know what to say to me. I kept tearing up and had to hold back the tears. UGH. I'm so upset. And feel so friggin guilty for my reaction. And can't stop crying. :cry:

Lisa, yours is the post that finally made me join so I could reply. You are not alone! When the last of my TTC friends wrote us all an email a few months ago saying she was pregnant and then replied to my congratulatory email that she didn't want to tell me because she was afraid I would be upset, I couldn't believe it! I don't want pity! But I was upset, and that is what prompted me to call my gyn and say I was ready to take the next step.

I cried too, but I was happy for her too. And I felt guilty too. And embarrassed that I couldn't stop feeling sorry for myself and rise above it all. Basically, I had exactly the same reaction you are describing. Yuck! I know it doesn't really help to hear that your reaction is normal, but I assure you it is. And I can also tell you that it gets better, hang in there!

Glad you finally joined, I'll give myself a little pat on the back for being your inspiration. :winkwink: Thank you for your kind words. It sure is a hard journey, and I don't know what I would do without this website. Welcome!

Hi All,
I am on my first round of clomid. I started 50 mg on CD 6 and took it for 5 days. I am now on CD 13 with no + on the ovulation test. I normally have longer cycles and don't even begin testing ovulation until CD16, but I thought a + could be expected much sooner with clomid. :nope:

It has me feeling a little bit stressed. My fertility clinic is not very good at describing all of the steps involved. I only know that if I do not get a + on LH surge tomorrow, they want to do another untrasound.

Can anyone share their experience--particularly if you normally have longer cycles? Also, I see several people listing temperatures/progesterone levels with their LH results. Can someone tell me the short version of what to look for with temperature charting? My doctor is not measureing progesterone levels, but I have had w miscarriages (very early) so I am wondering if that is something that is normally done for this or just normally done in general.

It is hard to know whether to trust your doctor or not. Hopefully, after the first round, I will be more in the know.

Amy

You still have plenty of time to ovulate! Like someone else said, it usually happens within 10 days, but for me it was even a few days later than that. Just keep BD'ing in the meantime! I have long and irregular cycles (you can see them all by clicking on my Fertility Friend ticker), so even ovulating on cd 21 was an improvement for me. I started to get sad around cd13 too, cause I was expecting to ovulate super early. So don't worry, you WILL ovulate! :)

Thank you Lisa. I saw your fertility friend earlier and went to the site. I was able to watch the youtube videos. Now I have a better understanding of what can happen. I was just a little thrown off by the clinic acting like it was out of the ordinary to not ovulate by CD14. I am breathing now : )

I have to go out of town on CD16 which is not ideal, but crossing my fingers it will work out. TTC while traveling for work is a hard combo.

I think ov on cd 14 is more common in girls who take it earlier in their cycle, like cd2-6.

I started clomid on cd 3to8 which was dec 30th, i been getting indications of a line and its getting stronger and im cd 12 now. Could be early becuase maybe i was already going to ovulate without the clomid kicking in.

ipen44- i also have long cycles and i didnt O on clomid until CD32. So all is not lost if you don't have that +OPK as early as you expected.

I'm usually a spotter right after O but i'm now 5DPO and no spotting. I am trying not to read too much into that and i think i am out this cycle due to late BD but i can't help but have some hope. i've had pretty bad headaches the past 2 days as well. this is my first TWW since august and i am remebering how much i hate them! :) Good luck all!

Steelergirl, I'm a Browns fan so i was happy to see your boys get tebowed ;)

ipen44- i also have long cycles and i didnt O on clomid until CD32. So all is not lost if you don't have that +OPK as early as you expected.

I'm usually a spotter right after O but i'm now 5DPO and no spotting. I am trying not to read too much into that and i think i am out this cycle due to late BD but i can't help but have some hope. i've had pretty bad headaches the past 2 days as well. this is my first TWW since august and i am remebering how much i hate them! :) Good luck all!

Steelergirl, I'm a Browns fan so i was happy to see your boys get tebowed ;)

Chart's looking good!!

I took my clomid on the night of CD2 and I didn't ov until CD16... prior to clomid I didn't ov until CD21-25... so don't give up hope ipen!

Got my temp rise! Yea! BD timed perfectly. Took 1st round clomid cd5-9 and O'd cd16....cd15 is normal for me, so I O'd a day later than normal...now just need a few days of high temps and start my progesterone and wait!

Got my temp rise! Yea! BD timed perfectly. Took 1st round clomid cd5-9 and O'd cd16....cd15 is normal for me, so I O'd a day later than normal...now just need a few days of high temps and start my progesterone and wait!

:wohoo:

Do you ladies mind if I join in here?

I'm 33, and TTC #1, after being pregnant last year, only to have a mmc in July at 10 weeks, and a D&C shortly after. We've been struggling to become pregnant ever since. I'm now on cycle #6 TTC. After trying the CBFM (I'm still using it), temping with FF, pre-seed, softcups, and OPK's, we went to my OB/gyn, who then began doing blood tests. My prolactin is normal, my thyroid is within normal range, my husband's semen analysis came back great, but my progesterone was borderline low on both day 21 and 24... 8.29 & 7.74, so for whatever reason, I'm not ovulating STRONG ENOUGH, apparently. So, clomid was prescribed, and I'm on my 3rd day taking it, 50 mg, cycle days 3-7. I'm on CD 5 right now, so 2 more pills.

I pray that the Clomid helps me achieve motherhood. I'm sick and tired of feeling robbed from the miscarriage, only to feel broken from not getting another bfp and rainbow baby. It totally sucks.

Tomorrow I should be receiving my new set of test sticks for the CBFM, which should be interesting to see how the monitor behaves on a clomid cycle. And I'll be getting my Clearblue digi opk's! I've only ever used the cheapy opk strips, which for me are too ambiguous. I don't want to miss my surge. I want to make sure we are bding like rabbits this month...LOL!

Hi, Wookie, welcome! Sorry to hear about your m/c, I have been lucky enough to have not had to deal with that....has your doctor talked to you about taking progesterone suppositories after ovulation?

hi everyone!

I'm just CD7 but... I took an ovulation test. Which is negative, but with quite a dark second line... I don't know what to think.

(I can't post pictures because I'm new here!)

I got a smiley :) cd14 and I got my smiley on my clearblue ovulation test :) so happy and relieved. I really didn't think i'd ovulate on time but it seems to work. Hopefully i'll see a temp rise tomorrow or the day after :) x

:sex: Get to it!!!!!

HaHa already had by that point. We've been bd every other day and we bd on the first day of my surge (yesterday) didn't get a temp rise this morning though, but I'm still getting smileys today. I think, I think I might have ovulated lunch timish today cos my ovaries are no longer hurting (They were pinching like a bitch, hurt to move) Really hoping for a temperature rise tomorrow morning. If my temps not up tomorrow I'm definitely gonna freak out and panic majorly. :wacko:

hi everyone!

I'm just CD7 but... I took an ovulation test. Which is negative, but with quite a dark second line... I don't know what to think.

(I can't post pictures because I'm new here!)
Hi my opks were quite dark but not positive on cd7 and 8 they then turned light and stayed light until my lh surge started on cd14 and 15. I ovulated on cd15 (yesterday) as I had my temp rise this morning . . Woohoo for that :) I know it's really hard but try not to worry. I was certain clomifene wouldn't make me ovulate on time (i'm on clomifene as i'm a very late ovulater) as I tried soy and it didn't work, but it has. I'm sure you'll ovulate around day 14. Keep doing opks and track your temp and of course keep up the bding :) x x

Bbnutella, I would frequently get lines that were dark, but not quite as dark as the control line, even on those cycles where I didn't O. I think its just normal hormone fluctuations, as there is always LH in your system prior to O.

Yay, Maisy! That is so exciting that you O'd earlier than normal! Can you remind me of which days you took the Clomid? I took mine 5-9 and still had a late O. I want to bring it forward.

I woke up this morning with brownish spotting at 7DPO. Not sure what that is all about. Possibly IB, possibly just my typical post O spotting:shrug: I'm trying not to read too much into it, but thats pretty much all I think about nowadays.

I do have a question...

I'm on a CD 6, and my last clomid pill is tomorrow morning. At what point should I begin using my OPK's if I'm taking it days 3-7? Should I wait until CD 10, so that I don't get false positives? I'm using digis, their expensive, and I don't want any more confusion than is absolutely necessary...

Hey, Wookie, it looks like you normally O cd15-16...I normally O cd15 and I took clomid cd5-9 and o'd on cd 16 this cycle...So I don't know, maybe you'll O a day or two early?

I am curious if you read my post above to your first post; has your dr ever mentioned progesterone suppositories to you after O? I am using progesterone, and it could be something to look into for you!

Thank you girls for your answer!
Got a negative today as well, a bit lighter...
I'll try to keep calm and no worry :):dohh:

Welcome Steelersgirl and Ipen44/Amy!

Amy, I haven't had much experience with what you're talking about. I hope someone else can give a few pointers as to what to look for and/or talk to your doctor about. How long have you been TTC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->