Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

chantel, good luck! can't believe you are 3 dpo already!

I think clomid is making my lp shorter. My spotting was red this afternoon, so thats not a good sign for IB. I'm not sure what to do for next cycle. I will have to call my doc when af officially arrives.

On another note, has clomid caused anyone else serious breakouts?? I swear, it's like I'm 15 again with the zits! It went from bad after coming off bc to worse when going on clomid, and there is just noooooo end in sight! Ugh...

Yes on the break outs. So annoying--especially when you are trying to keep TTC on the down low! It seems to ease up as ovulation comes on. I am hoping I do not get an increased dose of clomid next month.

Woke up to a temp drop and AF. :cry: I was so hopeful this cycle, between the Clomid, HSG, getting polyps removed, and perfectly timed BD. But nope. :nope:

Silver lining is that the Clomid did work, and gave me my shortest cycle since beginning TTC in October 2010.

:cry: just feeling your pain. This is such a roller coaster ride. CD1 is the worst.

I will get the hang of the mutli-quote post soon :dohh:

I am officially scheduled for my IUI. Good CM, temp, and +OPK today. I also had an ultrasound which showed 1 24 mm follicle ready to drop. I am really excited that everything finally came together. I have been testing on OPK for so many days.

I passed out pretty badly at the doctor's office today when they took blood. The plus side is that if there is low progesterone level, I will know soon so I can supplement if needed and hopefully avoid a miscarriage should the IUI work.

Another strange clomid side effect my first month--I totally passed out on CD6 and day 3 of clomid. I woke up at 3am and felt really sick. I started making my way to the bathroom and the next thing I know, I was waking up with my face in the bathmat. I wondered how I got down there, but had bruises on my knees and forehead by the next morning so I can only assume that I fell. I did have a couple of drinks that night (new year's eve) so I am blaming that, but with this second pass out on the blood draw, it has me a little worried.

If anyone has baby dust, please send some my way. When DH gets home, he is going to have to walk around pantless so we can cool the :spermy: down.

Ipen, that's great!! Fingers crossed then!

Still negative opk here... I'm CD10 or 11. I've got an U/S on Monday, no idea if I'll have ovulated by then. If not, and if my follicules are mature, then I'll have an injection.

Oh, I have looooots of spots too :'( I look like my students!

That sucks about the clomid side effects, that one night could of been a bad mix with the alcohol. What dosage of clomid are u on.

Well ladies, my doctor just put me on 150mg of Clomid. That seems like quite a steep step up! I am supposed to take a pregnancy test tomorrow, and if its negative, take aygestin (form of progesterone) for 10 days, then take 150mg clomid on days 5-9. I'm actually a little scared to jump up so much, I might just take 100mg instead, and 150 the following month if 100 doesn't work.

I'm just bleeding so much i can't see how this would be caused by any sort of healthy pregnancy. its pretty much the equivalent of a light flow day, but a slightly different consistency, so its not yet AF.

Good luck, ipen! what mg of Clomid were you on? I hope this is your time!!

I will get the hang of the mutli-quote post soon :dohh:

I am officially scheduled for my IUI. Good CM, temp, and +OPK today. I also had an ultrasound which showed 1 24 mm follicle ready to drop. I am really excited that everything finally came together. I have been testing on OPK for so many days.

I passed out pretty badly at the doctor's office today when they took blood. The plus side is that if there is low progesterone level, I will know soon so I can supplement if needed and hopefully avoid a miscarriage should the IUI work.

Another strange clomid side effect my first month--I totally passed out on CD6 and day 3 of clomid. I woke up at 3am and felt really sick. I started making my way to the bathroom and the next thing I know, I was waking up with my face in the bathmat. I wondered how I got down there, but had bruises on my knees and forehead by the next morning so I can only assume that I fell. I did have a couple of drinks that night (new year's eve) so I am blaming that, but with this second pass out on the blood draw, it has me a little worried.

If anyone has baby dust, please send some my way. When DH gets home, he is going to have to walk around pantless so we can cool the :spermy: down.

That's great! Lot's of :dust:

Woke up to a temp drop and AF. :cry: I was so hopeful this cycle, between the Clomid, HSG, getting polyps removed, and perfectly timed BD. But nope. :nope:

Silver lining is that the Clomid did work, and gave me my shortest cycle since beginning TTC in October 2010.

I've never been a big fan of Wizard of Oz, but every time I see :witch: I think "I can't wait 'til I can sing 'Ding Dong the Witch is dead!'"

Sorry she got you!

I am on 50 mg of clomid. Not sure why I had such a strong reaction. It has been years since I have seen my follicles via U/S simply because I have not had an U/S so maybe the clomid improved the follicle??? Other than that I am not sure I got much benefit out of it. I almost wish they would try a drugless cycle and see what type of follicles/ovulation I have.

DH has significant enough sperm problems to cause our infertility. I don't know why they automatically assume the woman needs drugs. I just told him my age and that my cycles are 31 days (which they have been since I was 10) and he was like--oh that is the problem.

Not sure how I feel about this clinic. I have not see the doctor in so long. Just nurses and techs. . .

Thanks for all the love and support girls, I need it today! :hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs: Lisa. Sorry the :witch: got you. I'm pretty sure i'm going to be joining you soon as my spotting is only getting heavier and my temp is only dropping. I'm going to call my doc today to see if i can switch up my clomid and O sooner than CD32. Are you going to still take 25mg?

Yes, I'm going to stick with 25 mg since I know it worked for me, and hopefully with that low of a dose the side effects like thinned lining and decreased CM are minimal. What I might do is switch my days to 3-7 rather than 5-9....have any thoughts??

Awh, sorry AF got you girls!!!! Lisa, what an improvement on your cycles, though! Just think, shorter cycles = more chances to try!

I know, crazy to think that 2 cycles ago was 123 days and this was just about 30. Thank you for reminding me of that. :)

I forgot who mentioned it on here, but I wanted to thank whoever said that had they not been doing OPK test 2X per day, they would have missed their surge.

The day I read that, I started testing 2x per day rather than 1 as instructed by the doctor. I got my surge this am and out of curiosity, I decided to test tonight just to see how long the surge lasted. GONE!

Very glad I am reading these forums. :friends:

I forgot who mentioned it on here, but I wanted to thank whoever said that had they not been doing OPK test 2X per day, they would have missed their surge.

The day I read that, I started testing 2x per day rather than 1 as instructed by the doctor. I got my surge this am and out of curiosity, I decided to test tonight just to see how long the surge lasted. GONE!

Very glad I am reading these forums. :friends:

that was me! so glad you were able to catch your surge! this med def changes the game- my surge used to be 3 days :)

Lisa, re: switching to cd3-7 instead of cd5-9, I think I'm actually going to do that next cycle if this one doesn't work for me!

Saw my dr. today, got my blood tests back; I've been on the cusp of needing thyroid medication for two years, got tested in June, still low, but dec and last week I was wayyyyy high, so I'm on thyroid meds starting tomorrow AM. I guess it can affect ovulation, so I'm going to do a lot of research on that now. I'm hypothyroid.

Also, my prolactin level was too high, but my blood test was on the day I O'd in dec, so I'm getting tested for that again on CD3 next cycle. Gonna do some more research on that, too...

Everything else was fine and normal!

Also getting my progesterone levels checked on Monday which will be 8dpo! Yea! Will be interesting to see especially since I am on progesterone suppositories.

ALSO (yeesh does this chick shut-up?) I am 4dpo and had spotting today...light brown, only two wipes and gone, around noon. I NEVER spot. NEVER. Is spotting mid-luteal phase normal for Clomid? Anyone? I'm on progesterone which is supposed to stop spotting! lol Weird.

Rdleela- I don't believe spotting mid-luteal phase is ever textbook for Clomid...but, it could signify something with your progesterone levels, or perhaps even implantation bleeding.

Hi girls,

Négative to for me today but I did it at midday, i usually do it in late afternoon. Should I do one tonight?

We :sex: yesterday night: should we do it again tonight?

here is a picture (quite bad quality, sorry...) of my test, tell me what you think about it, please!

https://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/17/66/96/photo-15.jpg

Bbnutella, looks negative to me, but you should definitely BD tonight, as sometimes it takes a couple days after the +OPK to O.

Now a question for you girls. Warning, TMI coming up :) Has clomid changed the consistency of any of your AF? I believe the:witch: has arrived today, but it was really dark, and thicker than normal. and the quantity was way more than just spotting, so I'm not sure what to make of that. I took an HPT and of course a BFN, as expected (also only 10DPO today, so short LP for me). I am not going to take the progesterone my doctor prescribed and am just going to count today as CD1 and take 100mg Clomid starting on CD5, maybe even CD4 since i take it in the evening typically.

rdleela - I am on the verge of needing thyroid medication as well! From what I have researched it could be why I'm not ovulating. It can have a BIG impact on fertility. I was checked in August and my levels were 1.39. I was checked again in October and my levels were 0.399 and then again in November and they were 1.46. My endocrinologist wants to check me every few months now and told me that if it went over 2 that he would put me on medication. He also told me that the minute I find out I'm pregnant that I need to go have my TSH, T3 uptake, T4 and antibodies checked. He said that he would keep a VERY close eye on me when I'm pregnant because it can also be linked to m/c. I'm glad he wants to be so thorough! Apparently though with the m/c, babies do not start making their own thyroid secretions until we are 2-3 months pregnant! Hope that helps and hopefully the medication wil help you conceive! I go on Monday to get my progesterone levels checked too! I will be 8 dpo too!!!! Maybe your spotting today was IB! Fingers crossed for you!

Chloe- my AF got really heavy and clotty(not sure if that's a real word or not!!) when I started Clomid. My AF stayed around a couple of extra days too!

Bbnutella- I really hate using OPK because I could never tell what was positive and what wasn't! Fingers crossed that you have O'd or will O soon!

On another note, has clomid caused anyone else serious breakouts?? I swear, it's like I'm 15 again with the zits! It went from bad after coming off bc to worse when going on clomid, and there is just noooooo end in sight! Ugh...

Ugh -- so glad it's not just me. I woke up the day after AF arrived with one of the worst break outs I've had in years. I didn't know whether it was because of the Clomid or just going off progesterone, but since you had the same problem, I think once again I can point to the Clomid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->