Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

rdleela - I am on the verge of needing thyroid medication as well! From what I have researched it could be why I'm not ovulating. It can have a BIG impact on fertility. I was checked in August and my levels were 1.39. I was checked again in October and my levels were 0.399 and then again in November and they were 1.46. My endocrinologist wants to check me every few months now and told me that if it went over 2 that he would put me on medication. He also told me that the minute I find out I'm pregnant that I need to go have my TSH, T3 uptake, T4 and antibodies checked. He said that he would keep a VERY close eye on me when I'm pregnant because it can also be linked to m/c. I'm glad he wants to be so thorough! Apparently though with the m/c, babies do not start making their own thyroid secretions until we are 2-3 months pregnant! Hope that helps and hopefully the medication wil help you conceive! I go on Monday to get my progesterone levels checked too! I will be 8 dpo too!!!! Maybe your spotting today was IB! Fingers crossed for you!

lol, we are TTC twins! Except I think you must be almost Hyper thyroid?
0.2 - 4.0 is normal...June I was 3.87, Dec I was 5.24 and last week 5.59! Yikes! My BFF is an RN and she's also just started med for some problem this fall, and she says I'll start feeling better very quickly. I read last night that hypo thyroid can cause high prolactin levels, which is also what's high for me! So hopefully my thyroid meds will fix both of those issues.

I'm actually firing my other dr. (one who didn't give me clomid) b/c he KNEW I was TTC last Jan and my thyroid was over 4 then and he didn't prescribe me meds! WTH?! My RN BFF can't stand that Dr. anyways, so I'm just going to take her advice and not go see him anymore.

We're even getting progesterone levels checked on the same day! lol Hope we BOTH end up preggo this cycle! And yikes, I'm trying not to think good thoughts about that 4dpo spotting, lol

It's so exciting having so many of you in the TWW! I have been trying to keep up with what's going on with everyone. Baby dust to you all!!!

Morning sickness hit me with full force today. I was actually running late for school because I was getting sick so much. Fun times!

My endo has said that due to my history of thryoid problems in my family, he felt that I would end up with hoshimotos. Apparently because one of my antibodies is SO high and is attacking my immune system, he feels that I currently have tyroiditis? or something like that which is basically a virus that attacks your tyroid a breaks it down. He feels that I will end up with Hoshimotos Thyroidism which is what my mom has! My g-ma had graves disease which reversed in the 90s to hypo! I told my DH I'm screwed either way! Endo told me that it was only a matter of time! My mom said I was fortunate that I was finding out early, both her and my g-ma found out at 39. I'm only 24 so I think its way too early! Oh well! Hope your levels are good when you get tested.

I'm hoping that since I've lost about 9 pounds by progesterone levels will go back up! I have 36 pounds to get to my goal weight but only 21 pounds to get to the normal BMI range! I've also cut out caffeine! I've been two and a half weeks with only a cup of soda!!! That is one of my biggest accomplishments!!! Hopefully it's been easy because my body is finally ready for a baby!

Oh no Kellie!!! I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully the morning sickness will go away fast!

Chantel - I see that each round of Clomid you took during different cd's...did your dr recommend that or did you do that on your own??

here is a picture (quite bad quality, sorry...) of my test, tell me what you think about it, please!

https://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/17/66/96/photo-15.jpg

looks negative to me too. i had to switch to the happy face one. no guess work on line color obsession. :nope: happy=ovulating

Lisa, it was all my doctors doing! He thought that my switching from CD 3 to 5 (as a starting point) would help my progesterone levels be higher. Same thing with this round. He felt that since my levels were higher the first round that maybe being in the middle would straighten it out. I really don't know. I just keep telling myself that I'm not the one with the MD behind my name, nor I have I been practicing since 1983!

AFM - I have no symptoms this time and that is really making me wonder if it even worked this time! I'm 5 dpo and know that the past two months I have had really bad cramps at this point!

I also have a question for you ladies. I saw a new thread in the TTC forum about Clomid and exercising. Have any of you ladies heard whether or not we would be able to exercise while using Clomid. Apparently she has seen some articles saying that it is a bad thing and that it messes up the Clomid. I guess kind of like antibodics and BCP. Anyway, any tips would be great! I think I will ask the triage nurse when I go get blood work done on Monday!

So maybe I shouldn't do 3-7, even though there are no known problems with my progesterone levels. I was thinking 4-8 this round, and since I take them at night, cd 4 is almost cd 5 anyways!!!

I don't see why exercise would affect Clomid at all. If anything it's good for you!! :)

Chantel, I had to look Hoshimotos Thyroidism up...so basically it's a disease that results in hypothyroidism...hypo runs in my family, too...I've never heard anyone mention it as being a disease before, interesting!

Also, congrats on the weight loss...I was perplexed as to why I seemed to be gaining so much weight in the last six months, I actually kept blaming it on the emotional-rollercoaster of TTC...now my hypothyroidism totally explains my weight gain; hopefully I can start to get that under control now again.

AFM, I was surprised to find my cervix up high this morning. I only record the data on it when I'm inserting my progesterone suppositories. It went up last cycle, too, but not until way later in my LP. So I'm not taking much stock in it.

Bbnutella- I'm waiting to ovulate too...I use both the CBFM (first thing in the morning), and digi opk's in the afternoon. I will NOT miss my surge!

https://i47.servimg.com/u/f47/11/17/66/96/photo10.jpg

at the top of the pic, my test for today... still negative?

Still negative but really close. I usually get a day or 2 like that, then a full blown positive. Are you testing twice a day? And keep BDing in the meantime!!!

Hi ladies!!

Please can someone give me advice??

I came off Marvelon in May 2011 and didn't get a period til Dec 1011. It started with spotting for three days then heavy bleeding for five days, then two days more of spotting. 35 days later, I am having light spotting again which fingers crossed will become a proper visit from AF....I know she's not normally welcome but after 7 months without a visit I am pleased I finally seem to be getting a cycle (and therefore ovulating!!!).

The thing is, clearly I'm having a longer cycle than 28 days, but I don't know whether to consider CD1 as when the spotting starts or when the heavier flow begins????? Trying to use an iPhone app to predict ovulation based on cycle length but obviously I need to make a decision on when to determine 'CD1' as!! Does anyone know a correct answer for this problem??!!

Also, I'm having a hospital follow up on 13 Feb and as my cycle seems to be developing as a longer one, should/could I push for Clomid??? I just feel all at sea as though it's just guesswork when I'm ovulating. I have a pack of 7 OPKs but I'm too scared to use them as it'll be a right waste of £10 if I test in completely the wrong time of my weird cycle!

Grateful for any thoughts, Hannah xxxx

Hi hannah!! Most doctors say to count cd 1 as red blood flow, not spotting. And not to be a downer, but just because you got your period, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are ovulating. You could be though, I hope that you are! At your appt I would definitely ask about Clomid, as well as bloodwork to check hormone levels, since that might help explain your long and irregular cycles. Since you're not sure when you're ovulating, the best thing you can do in the meantime is have sex every 2-3 days to cover your bases. Good luck to you!! :)

Hello Ladies!!!
i am trying to conceive my #1 and just done my first clomid cycle i got a positive OPK on the 8th of january and we BD the next 2 days now im in my 2WW and hoping for that BFP!!! good luck to us all!!

Just got done buying a baby shower gift online, I can't even bring myself to go into Babies R Us. I'd rather pay the extra money for shipping! The shower is in 2 weeks for some girl I've never even met...it's my cousin's girlfriend, and I'm pretty sure she got pregnant by accident, they've been together less than a year. That's going to be a difficult shower to sit there and smile through!! :nope:

Someone please help...this is my first Clomid cycle, 50 mg on days 3-7. I am using a CBFM with fmu early in the a.m., and CBE digis in the afternoon. Days 8 & 9 were both negative, and while my CBFM gave me a high this morning, I just got a + digi around 4 p.m., and it's only cycle day 10. Is this for real? Should I trust this as my surge? I'd think since I got negatives the past two days, I wouldn't start getting false positives now...what do you all think?

Just got done buying a baby shower gift online, I can't even bring myself to go into Babies R Us. I'd rather pay the extra money for shipping! The shower is in 2 weeks for some girl I've never even met...it's my cousin's girlfriend, and I'm pretty sure she got pregnant by accident, they've been together less than a year. That's going to be a difficult shower to sit there and smile through!! :nope:

Lisa, just don't go! Send the gift with someone else and make up an excuse - don't force yourself to sit through something like that if you think it will be too hard on you! :)

Lisa, just don't go! Send the gift with someone else and make up an excuse - don't force yourself to sit through something like that if you think it will be too hard on you! :)

Yeah, I'll see how I feel that day. My mom is going, and she lived right down the street so I can send my present with her if I decide not to go. Glad you understand, I said something about it to my sister and she made some flip comment....she's young and just doesn't get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->