Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Im am going for cd21 bloods on weds.

Hi there,

I'm really upset: i don't understand anything about those stupid opks! They are almost positive and They have been like that for three days!!

Well, per your advice, DH and I squeeze another BD session out of last night...

My CBFM is still reading high, and my temps are still flat. So, I guess I'll keep testing with the digital opks in the afternoon, and if it surges again, we'll resume the BD marathon, and treat it like my fertile window all over again. I am a little concerned that I now have to have my progesterone test on Saturday, being that it will only be CD 17...but technically it will be exactly 7 days after my smiley on CD 10. So...

To all the ladies who aren't sure when to start OPK testing, I have read that a false positive can happen if you test earlier than 3 days after your last Clomid pill. So I didn't start testing until CD12, since i took Clomid thru CD9. I ended up with +OPK's on CD20-22 but didn't O until CD32, when i got yet another +OPK, so you can still get + without O.

Chantel and SKP good luck with your bloodwork! I hope both of your progesterone levels are nice and high :)

I'm still in a mass of confusion over here. My spotting has slowed down, and my temp was starting to drop, but it went back up today. I feel so out of touch with my body! No clue what is going on. I keep changing my chart to reflect what i think is AF, then i change my mind and now i'm back to 13DPO. AF just needs to get here already so i can concentrate on round 2!

Chloe, I took my clomid cycle days 3-7, and for my own curiosity, starting testing with smiley CBE digi opks in the afternoons, starting on cycle day 7, my last clomid pill.

Here were my results:
CD 7- negative (expected a false positive...was surprised!)
CD 8- negative
CD 9- negative
CD 10- smiley...positive!

To be on the safe side, I am going to continue to test, in the event that I have a second later surge for some reason. I still don't entirely trust that this wasn't a fluke...but if it was for real, it goes to show that ovulation can really happen this early, particularly on a medicated cycle.

Hi
I'm back from my appointment

I have two follicules on my right ovary: 13 and 14.5 mm

I have injections for two days because my endomeTrium is thin.
Then on wednesday, injection for ovulation
(thefirst one is gonal, thé second ovitrelle)

Now, freak that I am, I went ahead and called the Clearblue Easy Hotline, as this CD 10 smiley digi, no peak, no temp rise thing is bugging the hell out of me.

And the lady was very helpful. She said the Clomid will most likely mess with the CBFM. She said it does NOT affect the digi smiley opk's (now, I don't know whether I believe this or not, but whatever), and I should absolutely trust the + I got the other day. I asked her why I would then get a negative the very next day, and she said that is how the stick reader works...you are NOT SUPPOSED to test after the first smiley. You just need to get to BDing after the smiley, within 12-36 hours. I then asked why my chart isn't reflecting a thermal shift, and she said that at CBE, they don't find charting to be very reliable (as I'm rolling my eyes to that one)...so, she said in a nutshell, that I should trust that CD 10 smiley.

Now, STILL being skeptical, I think I'll continue to test with the smiley's in the afternoons anyway. If I get another surge in a few days, or later this month, then maybe that's really go-time for ovulation. The Clearblue Mistress seemed to think that go-time is NOW, but whatever. I just don't trust it in my gut. And neither does my chart, apparently.

Wookie, I concur! I think keep OPK'ing, I've seen lots of ladies get a positive and then later a positive with temp rise - I think the most important thing to remember that OPK's are just measuring a hormone, and that hormone will not always be level. That hormone is telling your body to release an egg. Temp's are confirming that you did, in fact, O, b/c the corpus luteam that sheds from the egg produces progesterone. So even if you get positive OPK's, doesn't mean you actually O'd.

It's gonna happen, just BD every two days and keep testing and temping! :)

hello everyone. I started reading this thread a few days ago. I think I have read alost everything imaginable. I am on my first cycle of clmid cd15 here. I am new to this but it seems really nice to have some support. I TTC for years with my husband with no luck, so I ditched him (haha j/k not for that reason but we didn't work out) I have been trying again now for almost another year. I did not ovulate at all it seemed, so I'm praying clomid does the trick. I haven't really had any side effects, the last couple of days some dull aching, which I am hoping is o. The anxiety and hoping and waiting is enough to drive you crazy!

hello everyone. I started reading this thread a few days ago. I think I have read alost everything imaginable. I am on my first cycle of clmid cd15 here. I am new to this but it seems really nice to have some support. I TTC for years with my husband with no luck, so I ditched him (haha j/k not for that reason but we didn't work out) I have been trying again now for almost another year. I did not ovulate at all it seemed, so I'm praying clomid does the trick. I haven't really had any side effects, the last couple of days some dull aching, which I am hoping is o. The anxiety and hoping and waiting is enough to drive you crazy!

Welcome and good luck with ttc:flower: I am on my first clomid cycle too. Hope we get our bfp's this cycle!

Hi all! I thought I would update you on the bloodwork! I'm still waiting to get my bloodwork back. It's driving me crazy not knowing. I called earlier and was told that my doctor has not reviewed them yet because he has surgeries scheduled to today and would not be in the office until late. I asked if another doctor could review them and she said she doubted it! They are MY results just tell me the number!!! Hopefully he will get to them today and call back afterwhile! I don't know if I can wait another day!

Doctor called about my levels! They were 22.5!!!!!!!

hey ladies, so i took my last dosage of clomid on sun & today opk was negative this morning. i have an appointment on thurs to get an ultrasound. i am starting to get ovulation cramps...isn't this a tad early? feedback would be great. hope everyone is having a wonderful evening. thanks :)

Have you guys heard about Early Pregnancy Factor? The last paragraph deals with us Clomid ladies specifically, but read the other paragraphs first, b/c they explain everything. From wikipedia:

Early pregnancy factor is tested for rosette inhibition assay. EPF is present in the maternal serum (blood plasma) shortly after fertilization; EPF is also present in cervical mucus and in amniotic fluid.

EPF may be detected in sheep within 72 hours of mating, in mice within 24 hours of mating, and in samples from media surrounding human embryos fertilized in vitro within 48 hours of fertilization (although another study failed to duplicate this finding for in vitro embryos). EPF has been detected as soon as within six hours of mating.

Because the rosette inhibition assay for EPF is indirect, substances that have similar effects may confound the test. Pig semen, like EPF, has been shown to inhibit rosette formation - the rosette inhibition test was positive for one day in sows mated with a vasectomized boar, but not in sows similarly stimulated without semen exposure. A number of studies in the years after the discovery of EPF were unable to reproduce the consistent detection of EPF in post-conception females, and the validity of the discovery experiments was questioned. However, progress in characterization of EPF has been made and its existence is well-accepted in the scientific community.

Early embryos are not believed to directly produce EPF. Rather, embryos are believed to produce some other chemical that induces the maternal system to create EPF. After implantation, EPF may be produced by the conceptus directly.

In humans, modern pregnancy tests detect human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). hCG is not present until after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization. In contrast, EPF is present within hours of fertilization. While several other pre-implantation signals have been identified, EPF is believed to be the earliest possible marker of pregnancy. The accuracy of EPF as a pregnancy test in humans has been found to be high by several studies.

Infertility and early pregnancy loss

EPF is useful when investigating embryo loss prior to implantation. One study in healthy human women seeking pregnancy detected fourteen pregnancies with EPF. Of these, six were lost within ten days of ovulation (43% rate of early conceptus loss).

Use of EPF has been proposed to distinguish infertility caused by failure to conceive versus infertility caused by failure to implant. EPF has also been proposed as a marker of viable pregnancy, more useful in distinguishing ectopic or other nonviable pregnancies than other chemical markers such as hCG and progesterone.

A study of EPF in women taking clomifene to treat infertility found fertilization rates of about 40%-50% per cycle. In cycles where fertilization was detected, nearly 80% resulted in subclinical embryonic loss, a rate much higher than that found in healthy women.

Here is the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_pregnancy_factor

Oh Chantel - I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a super high number!!!

Thanks Kellie! I'm really hopeful now! Since my numbers jumped from 4.4 to 22.5, it's really hard not to get my hopes up!!! Even Tony is excited!! Hope your doctors appointment goes good tomorrow!!!

Hi all! I thought I would update you on the bloodwork! I'm still waiting to get my bloodwork back. It's driving me crazy not knowing. I called earlier and was told that my doctor has not reviewed them yet because he has surgeries scheduled to today and would not be in the office until late. I asked if another doctor could review them and she said she doubted it! They are MY results just tell me the number!!! Hopefully he will get to them today and call back afterwhile! I don't know if I can wait another day!

Doctor called about my levels! They were 22.5!!!!!!!

Woooohoooo! :happydance:

If this cycle isn't the one, I'm going to ask about getting my levels checked during my next cycle.

You didn't change your days right, just the dosage??

Have you guys heard about Early Pregnancy Factor? The last paragraph deals with us Clomid ladies specifically, but read the other paragraphs first, b/c they explain everything. From wikipedia:

Early pregnancy factor is tested for rosette inhibition assay. EPF is present in the maternal serum (blood plasma) shortly after fertilization; EPF is also present in cervical mucus and in amniotic fluid.

EPF may be detected in sheep within 72 hours of mating, in mice within 24 hours of mating, and in samples from media surrounding human embryos fertilized in vitro within 48 hours of fertilization (although another study failed to duplicate this finding for in vitro embryos). EPF has been detected as soon as within six hours of mating.

Because the rosette inhibition assay for EPF is indirect, substances that have similar effects may confound the test. Pig semen, like EPF, has been shown to inhibit rosette formation - the rosette inhibition test was positive for one day in sows mated with a vasectomized boar, but not in sows similarly stimulated without semen exposure. A number of studies in the years after the discovery of EPF were unable to reproduce the consistent detection of EPF in post-conception females, and the validity of the discovery experiments was questioned. However, progress in characterization of EPF has been made and its existence is well-accepted in the scientific community.

Early embryos are not believed to directly produce EPF. Rather, embryos are believed to produce some other chemical that induces the maternal system to create EPF. After implantation, EPF may be produced by the conceptus directly.

In humans, modern pregnancy tests detect human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). hCG is not present until after implantation, which occurs six to twelve days after fertilization. In contrast, EPF is present within hours of fertilization. While several other pre-implantation signals have been identified, EPF is believed to be the earliest possible marker of pregnancy. The accuracy of EPF as a pregnancy test in humans has been found to be high by several studies.

Infertility and early pregnancy loss

EPF is useful when investigating embryo loss prior to implantation. One study in healthy human women seeking pregnancy detected fourteen pregnancies with EPF. Of these, six were lost within ten days of ovulation (43% rate of early conceptus loss).

Use of EPF has been proposed to distinguish infertility caused by failure to conceive versus infertility caused by failure to implant. EPF has also been proposed as a marker of viable pregnancy, more useful in distinguishing ectopic or other nonviable pregnancies than other chemical markers such as hCG and progesterone.

A study of EPF in women taking clomifene to treat infertility found fertilization rates of about 40%-50% per cycle. In cycles where fertilization was detected, nearly 80% resulted in subclinical embryonic loss, a rate much higher than that found in healthy women.

Here is the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_pregnancy_factor

Wikipedia is not a credible source. Its just a place where everyone puts in their own info, which alot of it can be in accurate.

Actually Wikipedia is checked twice a day for accuracy.

Lisa, I didn't change the dosage. I stayed at 50mg but he did change the days. My first cycle was days 3-7, second round days 6-9, and this round was 4-8. I think we figured out which one works!!! Now to just get my BFP!!!! 10 dpo today and I'm starting to wonder if I can hold off until next Friday!

Oh right right. We've had this conversation. Hahaha. :dohh: So 4-8 did the trick huh. Interesting!

good news, chantel! Why would you wait until next friday to test?? that seems so far away! I would think you should test in 4 days, no?

If AF ever shows up and this dreaded spotting goes away I am going to try 100mg on days 4-8. I'm also going to take mucinex right after Clomid because it has guaifenesin which is supposed to help with good CM. I worry i may have hostile CM since i have only seen EWCM once.

Took a test this morning and still BFN. No surprises there, but my spotting is really light now and I really just want AF to get here so i can start again! 15 DPO today according to FF. I only suspect AF wasn't here earlier because my temp has yet to fall below my coverline. Otherwise i would have thought i had an early AF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->