Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

Well, I got my day 21 prog results back yesterday and BAM! I ovulated!!! Yay! :happydance:

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant! :blush:

Hi babe, do you mind sharing what your progesterone level was? Last month on clomid i get a definite YES from dr that i O'd (in reference to my 21prog)- this month im away, and picked up my results myself- and it seems my levels are boarderline- dpending upon who's stats i look up, some day im in the margind for O- others say im JUST out of it....what a bugger!!! I did do it on day 21- where as i have a 30-31 day cycle, so my prog peak would have been about two days after the blood was drawn....

Anyhow, im in the last 1ww at the moment as well- i should be due to test (or be in pain...)around weds/thurs next week.

Last night i went for a walk with friends and took a tumble- a little later i noticed my back aching and abdomen sore- hope that IF there was a bean trying to stick that i didnt knock it around too much....:shrug:

Well, I got my day 21 prog results back yesterday and BAM! I ovulated!!! Yay! :happydance:

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant! :blush:

Hi babe, do you mind sharing what your progesterone level was? Last month on clomid i get a definite YES from dr that i O'd (in reference to my 21prog)- this month im away, and picked up my results myself- and it seems my levels are boarderline- dpending upon who's stats i look up, some day im in the margind for O- others say im JUST out of it....what a bugger!!! I did do it on day 21- where as i have a 30-31 day cycle, so my prog peak would have been about two days after the blood was drawn....

Anyhow, im in the last 1ww at the moment as well- i should be due to test (or be in pain...)around weds/thurs next week.

Last night i went for a walk with friends and took a tumble- a little later i noticed my back aching and abdomen sore- hope that IF there was a bean trying to stick that i didnt knock it around too much....:shrug:

What were your levels?

Curleymumma and kcoennen,
I don't know what my levels are b/c the nurse just left me a message saying I ovulated. I think I'll call back today and ask, though, b/c you all have a good point about the levels mattering. I hope they are high enough......! I'll post with an update when I find out.
And hey, kcoennen, how are the twins doing? Very happy for you!

I just thought I would add my two cents for what it's worth on the progesterone levels. I got a call from my doctor's office back in February and the nurse told me that the other doctor looked over my results and that everything was fine. Well, I'm a little obsessive over my progesterone levels so I asked what the actual number was. She told me it was 1.1!!!!!!!! I was livid that she tried to tell me that it was normal. When my doctor read the results he was upset that they had given me false hope! Anyway, my advice is to always write down the number!

I just thought I would add my two cents for what it's worth on the progesterone levels. I got a call from my doctor's office back in February and the nurse told me that the other doctor looked over my results and that everything was fine. Well, I'm a little obsessive over my progesterone levels so I asked what the actual number was. She told me it was 1.1!!!!!!!! I was livid that she tried to tell me that it was normal. When my doctor read the results he was upset that they had given me false hope! Anyway, my advice is to always write down the number!

I'm sorry they would give you false hope. Was that your first indiciation of PCOS? I've been tested for so many things I can't keep up which test are the answers to which question. I do know that last month my progestrone was 30.5, which is great but like you I had to ask for the #.

Okay, so who else is doing the 2ww? For me it's more like a 1ww as I test next wed the 25th. Anyone else waiting? Going crazy like me? :coffee: What I do is get really neurotic about exposure to chemicals and pesticides and 2nd hand smoke. I'll be a complete basket case when I finally am pregnant!

I am currently in my 2ww. I don't go to the doctor until tomorrow for my progesterone test, but I got a +OPK test...I have never had one before! (This is my 1st round of clomid) I will probably test the middle of next week....I know I won't be able to wait any longer than that, but technically my 2 weeks will be on my 25th birthday on Apr 29th!

I'm sorry they would give you false hope. Was that your first indiciation of PCOS? I've been tested for so many things I can't keep up which test are the answers to which question. I do know that last month my progestrone was 30.5, which is great but like you I had to ask for the #.

No, I wasn't ovulating at all before Clomid. My BCP was giving me false periods and masked the problems that I was having. I took my first round of Clomid in November and my progesterone level was 6.5, in December it was 4.4, in January it 22.5. These three months were on 50 mg. I started 100 mg at the end of January and found out that my levels were only 1.1 in February. When I started my next round in March, my levels came back at 17.9! We thought we had it that month but as you can see, we didn't. My doctor isn't sure why things are working so sparadically. I go on Monday to get my levels check for this month, so fingers crossed :)

Awe, Redskins! I would be so upset if I had been given false hope like that. I can completely understand why you ask for the number! :hugs:

:howdy: hello ladies! I was wondering if you cared if joined in. I'v been seeing an RE since Dec. 2011 and I start another round of clomid on Sunday after coming off of BCP due to a cyst that formed on my right ovary after taking clomid in Feb. I had a tubal reversal 3/2010. It has been hectic TTC because my dh is in the Army. At one point he lived in TX and I lived in IN and for a year he was in Iraq.

I had an RE appointment today to confirm the cyst is gone. I'm to start taking the clomid 4 days after my last pill. I have 4 follies on the right and 3 on the left.

No, I wasn't ovulating at all before Clomid. My BCP was giving me false periods and masked the problems that I was having. I took my first round of Clomid in November and my progesterone level was 6.5, in December it was 4.4, in January it 22.5. These three months were on 50 mg. I started 100 mg at the end of January and found out that my levels were only 1.1 in February. When I started my next round in March, my levels came back at 17.9! We thought we had it that month but as you can see, we didn't. My doctor isn't sure why things are working so sparadically. I go on Monday to get my levels check for this month, so fingers crossed :)

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!! Do they have a plan after taking Clomid for 6 months? My doctor said we would try Femera (not sure on sp) if 6 months of clomid doesn't work out for us. We are on month 4 this month and have 21day testing the 30th. I'm just hanging out pos and waiting for that lovely smiley right now. :coffee:

What were your levels?

Hey there, my pg was 21.5 n/mol- apparently the guiline is OVER 20-25 = ovulation....do you think i scrape in? I did get a pos OPK at the right times and with good ewcm.....and i did do the test abouot 1-2 days beofre 7dpo, so just before the progesterone peak.

What were your levels?

Hey there, my pg was 21.5 n/mol- apparently the guiline is OVER 20-25 = ovulation....do you think i scrape in? I did get a pos OPK at the right times and with good ewcm.....and i did do the test abouot 1-2 days beofre 7dpo, so just before the progesterone peak.

Well seeing that my level was 9.3 and I got pregnant with twins, I say anyone above my level has a chance!!! I think 21.5 is a great number.

Curleymumma and kcoennan,

I called and got my prog levels! Good idea! So, my level was 11.3. Now I have no clue if that is high, low, medium, good, or bad, so what do you think?Kcoennan, I would love twins (or a singleton, whichever is meant to be). Curleymumma, I'm testing next Wednesday, so we are kind of testing buddies, no? :thumbup: Maybe we will both have twins like kcoennan.:winkwink:

What were your levels?

Curleymumma, I don't know what you mean by 21.5 n/mol-. What does this mean? Prog levels in blood? So, the doctor said I ovulated at a prog level of 11.3. I don't think you have to have a prog level of 20-25 to ovulate. (And kcoennan conceived twins w much less.) :flower:

Hello

Wonder if someone could advise me. Im about to start my second round of 100mg clomid, i got my first ever positive ovulation last month. I hve read clomid affects ovulation test results but want to have a stab at the SMEP so could anyone recomend any specific ovulation tests that seem to work fairly accurately whilst on clomid?

Many thanks in advance

Hello

Wonder if someone could advise me. Im about to start my second round of 100mg clomid, i got my first ever positive ovulation last month. I hve read clomid affects ovulation test results but want to have a stab at the SMEP so could anyone recomend any specific ovulation tests that seem to work fairly accurately whilst on clomid?

Many thanks in advance

I personally like the clearblue easy digital tests, they are more expensive but no guessing. There is either a smiley or there isn't. I've caught my O the last 3 months with it.

GL to you :dust:

Gill it doesn't really matter what brand. The only way clomid would effect an opk is if you took one like the day after you took a pill. You should start testing CD 10 or 11 just to be sure you don't miss it. Always test after 10am. 2pm-9pm is actually the most likely time your LH surge will happen. Good Luck!

Great!! Thanks for the replys! I have been reluctant to buy a clear blue test kit as id read clomid affected the readings but i didnt realise it was only immediately after taking the tablets.

Will get one ordered now in time for finishing mynext course which i will be starting tomorrow! Fingers crossed :)

Thanks again

I called and got my prog levels! Good idea! So, my level was 11.3. Now I have no clue if that is high, low, medium, good, or bad, so what do you think?Kcoennan, I would love twins (or a singleton, whichever is meant to be). Curleymumma, I'm testing next Wednesday, so we are kind of testing buddies, no? :thumbup: Maybe we will both have twins like kcoennan.:winkwink:

Sounds like a good idea Mbhg!
In regards to your pg results, im not sure what country you are in, and they use difernt masurements, so mine is in n/mol- according to that unit of measurement, i only JUST scrape in to ov, however, if ots the other unit of measurement, i think the level for O is much lower.

I thought i was getting AF last night, but it went away, no AF or spotting, TG!!!

Sigh.....been away since 1dpo, heading home today, 10dpo and counting!!:happydance:

Sounds like a good idea Mbhg!
In regards to your pg results, im not sure what country you are in, and they use difernt masurements, so mine is in n/mol- according to that unit of measurement, i only JUST scrape in to ov, however, if ots the other unit of measurement, i think the level for O is much lower.

I thought i was getting AF last night, but it went away, no AF or spotting, TG!!!

Sigh.....been away since 1dpo, heading home today, 10dpo and counting!!:happydance:

Hang in there, Curleymumma! I know exactly how you feel!!! I myself don't feel any symptoms or see any signs of an impending bfp, but who knows...

I googled a bunch on normal, high, and low prog levels and I'm more confused than ever. Just decided to accept what my RE said...that I did ovulate. :shrug: But I think it is a low level. I wonder if I shouldn't take 150 mg of clomid to have a higher level.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->