Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

No I've not had that done... My estrogen levels and lh surge are Hugh according to the monitor though.
Do you think I should give clomid a shot next month if I'm not prego?

It won't hurt to take the clomid. Some ladies take it to boost their progesterone levels, even if they are ovulating. Clomid won't do any harm at all. But if it does over stimulate your ovaries, you may end up with twins - which is not a problem at all :) Clomid didn't over stimulate mine. We got our twins through our genes (many twins in both families). But it did give my body the boost it needed to actually ovulate.

No I've not had that done... My estrogen levels and lh surge are Hugh according to the monitor though.
Do you think I should give clomid a shot next month if I'm not prego?

It won't hurt to take the clomid. Some ladies take it to boost their progesterone levels, even if they are ovulating. Clomid won't do any harm at all. But if it does over stimulate your ovaries, you may end up with twins - which is not a problem at all :) Clomid didn't over stimulate mine. We got our twins through our genes (many twins in both families). But it did give my body the boost it needed to actually ovulate.

Congrats on your twins! Very exciting!

2nd cycle of clomid, 50mg, apparently didnt work. im so upset. it worked the first time round? is it common for it to work okay, and then stop?

2nd cycle of clomid, 50mg, apparently didnt work. im so upset. it worked the first time round? is it common for it to work okay, and then stop?

I assume by 'work' you mean diddnt make you ovulate--I dont know if you would say common, but it does happen, you can build up a resistance to it- some women are resitant to it first go. It may mean that you need to up the dose, or use a different drug- or combine it with other therapies, such as trigger shots or metformin. GL XXX

thanks - yeah, i did mean that it made me ovulate! i dont think my FS will up the dose, hes thinking about using a different drug...leterozole i think?

hows everything going with you, curleymumma?

hows everyone else doing??

I had no idea you could be resistant to it.

I've been doing so much research, read so many success stories to try and boost my confidence but I am really nervous... I so badly want this to work for us but I keep thinking about the what if's!

I just have to have faith that God can do anything and it's all in His hands.

Well ladies my RE office called and my bloodwork shows that I am insulin resistant. I'm starting metformin tonight! They explained that this is why the clomid did not work right for me! It could also help me loose weight so I am very thankful for that too! I go back in 4 weeks to have my labs checked again to make sure I'm responding and if no pregnancy by July we will start clomid again!! I know that this is not really good news but I'm happy to have some answers!

Well ladies my RE office called and my bloodwork shows that I am insulin resistant. I'm starting metformin tonight! They explained that this is why the clomid did not work right for me! It could also help me loose weight so I am very thankful for that too! I go back in 4 weeks to have my labs checked again to make sure I'm responding and if no pregnancy by July we will start clomid again!! I know that this is not really good news but I'm happy to have some answers!

Any news that provides a new plan of action is good news! So glad they're starting you on a treatment that will get you closer to your BFP! GL!

I read up on clomid and it has a list of bad side effects :( that steers me away . I know every med does but these were crazy. Did anyone experience any?

I read up on clomid and it has a list of bad side effects :( that steers me away . I know every med does but these were crazy. Did anyone experience any?

they have to warn you about the possible side effects, even though theyre rare. i was really concerned about the side effects of clomid, but after having taken it, it wasnt as bad as i expected (maybe because i had such negative ideas going into it). ive had hot flashes, and sometimes headaches or dizziness, but its definitely not as bad as i thought it would be.

it depends how badly you want to get pregnant. i know that im desperate to have a baby, and i know that the only way that will happen is if i go through all these motions, because i completely do not ovulate on my own. the side effects may not be nice, but neither is morning sickness, being uncomfortable throughout pregnancy, pregnancy complications, birth complications...the list goes on. yeah, i feel like crap with clomid, but for me its going to all worth it in the end.

I didn't have any side effects at all. The only thing that was different for me was I had pains during ovulation, but that was because the clomid worked. I took it in the morning and had no problems at all.

I took Clomid in the morning with my breakfast and never had any side effects while taking it. I've noticed the past two days I've been having some pinching like pains in the ovary area, I am hoping because I am about to ovulate, which is a great side effect. ;) Good luck!

I took Clomid in the morning with my breakfast and never had any side effects while taking it. I've noticed the past two days I've been having some pinching like pains in the ovary area, I am hoping because I am about to ovulate, which is a great side effect. ;) Good luck!

The only side affect I had with Clomid was those crazy hot flashes. This cycle, im on CD 13 and ive have nausea for two days. And my face is super hot and red. Not sure if this is the clomid side affects but I seriously feel like crap....I hope it passes soon, hard to BD when you feel so ill :(

I just finished my 5th pill on CD7 last night. I took them at night, rather than in the AM, because of possible side effects. I had some hot flashes at night and mild pinching/cramping on CD4-6, but that's about it. I didn't experience any nausea, dizziness or moodiness (well, at least, not out of the ordinary ;))

Now we'll see how the rest of the month goes! FX!

I also took my Clomid in the mornings and the only thing I got badly was hot flushes and emotional/mood swings! Still get those things now but not too bad.

I just got my clomid :bfp: yay!!!

It's pink, came up straight away and I'm over the moon excited (hence why I've been plastering my news everywhere)

I can't wait to confirm with a digi in the next day or so! Lol

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k568/stuckinoki/HPTs/eb73a1a9.jpg

congratulations stuckinoki!!! so excited for you!

Congrats stuckinoki!!!! That is exactly what my first BFP looked like :) H&H 9 months to you!

Congrats stuckinoki!!!! That is exactly what my first BFP looked like :) H&H 9 months to you!

Thanks. I'm glad you ladies see it too because the other forum I frequent are tellin me that I'm ******** and that there's no line there. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->