Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

We found out at our first ultrasound around 7 weeks it was twins. Viability is 24 weeks, so my doctor said our goal was to make it to 24 weeks, which we did. They have a 90% chance of surviving now with medical help. I have a friend who had her twins at 26 weeks, and they spent 2 months in the nicu, but are perfectly healthy. My goal is to make it to 32 weeks. By the way my body is feeling, there is no way I'm going to make it to 37 weeks, which is full term for twins. When I was at the doctors, I had a contraction, and she said it was a real one, not a braxton hicks, because she was able to feel what it was doing to my cervix. Braxton hicks don't effect the cervix, only real contractions. So, they are real ones happening. And they get pretty painful too! At the most, I have 12 weeks to go.

GL, its good that y our past the critical dates, i hope everything goes to plan XXX

I think im out this month. I ov may 16, and 17 and we only BD two days. we have been so tired and busy

Hi everyone! I am on my first round of clomid and was hoping I could join your thread :flower:

I was also hoping some of you that may have been through the same thing provide me some advise/insight as to what is going on. I have been off bcp since August and I have been able to confirm o by temping but it is always realy late in my cycle. My dr. ran some tests and everything looked normal so she put me on clomid to help things along.

I went in for a u/s today on CD 13 (I took 50 mg cd5-9) and she said all she could see was a lot of small follicles and that she didn't think I would o this cycle and advised me to start provera and move on to 100 mg next cycle. Does anyone know if it is still possible one of those follicles will do something and I may O in a week or so? Or should I just give up and start the provera? I really don't want to give up but I also don't want to waste my time. I just wanted to see if any of you have been through something similar. Thanks!

Ask your doc to look into "stair stepping' technique. If yoyr follies are not developing well, you dont actually need to induce period to keep going, you simply start taking more clomid- however, this needs to done with realy close supervision.Look it up- very interesting!

Thank you so much for your response. I am not sure what I will do yet. To add to my confusion my temps have been really odd since I have been on clomid. I have been temping for 6 months so I have a really good handle on what is normal for me and pre o my temps usually average 96.6 and post o go as high as 97.5ish. Well my temps for the past week have been staying really high (look at my chart in my sig) I think it is so strange I have looked at many other charts of people on clomid and never see anything like mine :shrug:

Hi everyone! I am on my first round of clomid and was hoping I could join your thread :flower:

I was also hoping some of you that may have been through the same thing provide me some advise/insight as to what is going on. I have been off bcp since August and I have been able to confirm o by temping but it is always realy late in my cycle. My dr. ran some tests and everything looked normal so she put me on clomid to help things along.

I went in for a u/s today on CD 13 (I took 50 mg cd5-9) and she said all she could see was a lot of small follicles and that she didn't think I would o this cycle and advised me to start provera and move on to 100 mg next cycle. Does anyone know if it is still possible one of those follicles will do something and I may O in a week or so? Or should I just give up and start the provera? I really don't want to give up but I also don't want to waste my time. I just wanted to see if any of you have been through something similar. Thanks!

Ask your doc to look into "stair stepping' technique. If yoyr follies are not developing well, you dont actually need to induce period to keep going, you simply start taking more clomid- however, this needs to done with realy close supervision.Look it up- very interesting!

Thank you so much for your response. I am not sure what I will do yet. To add to my confusion my temps have been really odd since I have been on clomid. I have been temping for 6 months so I have a really good handle on what is normal for me and pre o my temps usually average 96.6 and post o go as high as 97.5ish. Well my temps for the past week have been staying really high (look at my chart in my sig) I think it is so strange I have looked at many other charts of people on clomid and never see anything like mine :shrug:

Im afraid temps and charts are not my thing, ive never done it, i dont have the patience for it- I think its the thought of doing anything that delays my morning coffee! Hahaha, im sure someone else here will have insight into the temping questions.
XX

I think im out this month. I ov may 16, and 17 and we only BD two days. we have been so tired and busy

If those BD session occurred at the right time, there's no reason you should be out. The first time I got pregnant, I only had sex once that month. The last time I got pregnant, we only did it twice around my fertile window. If your timing was good, you have just as good of a shot as any other time.

Hi all, I'm CD15 today, had dark ov tests on days 9,10 and lighter by 11 and 12, day 13 was a bit darker so did a digi and got a smiley face... Lighter ov test CD 14 and have not yet done today's as I've been so busy!

Possible to ov so early? I can't help doubting it cos before I got Clomid, I used to get several smiley faces on the digi tests, even when the lines weren't that dark. Very confusing and I just don't know what to think.

Confused.com!

I think I am out this month. CD23, no positive OPK and BBT isn't rising or anything. This sucks.

Hi all, I'm CD15 today, had dark ov tests on days 9,10 and lighter by 11 and 12, day 13 was a bit darker so did a digi and got a smiley face... Lighter ov test CD 14 and have not yet done today's as I've been so busy!

Possible to ov so early? I can't help doubting it cos before I got Clomid, I used to get several smiley faces on the digi tests, even when the lines weren't that dark. Very confusing and I just don't know what to think.

Confused.com!

If you have PCOS it's possible that you were surging and never actually ovulating... My cycles were 30-60 days and I would have several days of positive OPKs, several days of negatives, and then a few more positives, etc (basically, I was gearing up to ovulate, but my body just wouldn't do it)... So, when you're on clomid and your body is forced to ovulate you won't have as long of a surge as you used to because your body is actually releasing the egg! Best of luck to you :)

Thank you for the reply. :)

I know from previous cycles with ov tests my body tries and fails to ovulate I got constant dark lines throughout a 80-100day cycle. It was a nightmare.

I just assumed that having the Clomid, the tests would be different. I'm struggling to believe that the Clomid is doing it's job. Wish I wasn't so cynical!

But yesterday I had crampy feelings on my left side, I don't know if this will make any sense but it felt a bit like hot cramps?? We BDed last night just in case.

I'm CD16 today so will do another ovulation test and see what happens.

Well, i'm either at the beginning or the end of 13dpo. I feel nothing promising at all- to the contrary- i feel my pre menstral headache beginning, and i also feel very 'wet' which i have heard happens before AF. I have also had some dull aches and cramps just in the last our or so- but not the sort that make me think im pg- i know that most people say they had normal AF cramping before BFP- but it feels really really like AF is on her way.... I think i have another day to do yet, i assume i will wake up with headache, deal with it all day, go to bed tomorrow night and then wake up the next morning with cramping and the first spots of the At which point i will take some heavy duty pain killers and turn my phone off, and grieve the child i never quite created. Then find the strength within myself to move on to a new part of my life, with no babies...sigh...

Confused.com!

I'm thinking your dark O tests from CD's 9-10 were false positives, which is common if you test too soon after your last clomid pill. If I were you, I'd absolutely trust the smiley, as that was most likely your real surge on CD 13. Hopefully you got in some bding that day, and over the next 2-3 days after...if so, you should be entering in your 2ww soon, if not now!

Thank you Wookie.

I was really questioning the smiley face cos the lines weren't very dark, it definitely wasn't as dark as the control and it just reminded me of all the other positive digi tests I've had during cycles without Clomid, I used to get four or five smiley faces in a row and I know I wasn't ovulating.

So I'm wondering whether it's a true positive... I'm CD16 so if I ovulated on CD13/14, I'm in the 2ww?

My ov test today was lighter too by the way. I'll do the cheapie tests throughout the cycle, just in case it's yet to come.

:)

My gyno's nurse called todayI am starting clomid once I start my period... praying I don't start but if I do, praying the clomid works!

I did another cheapie ovulation test last night at 9pm which was dark but not quite a positive. I know if I'd have done a digital ov test it would have come back with a smiley face. I feel frustrated cos I got a smiley face on day 13. It makes me worry the Clomid's not working cos in previous cycles, I got loads of smiley faces during my cycles and I obviously wasn't ovulating.

I feel so disheartened. :(

I did another cheapie ovulation test last night at 9pm which was dark but not quite a positive. I know if I'd have done a digital ov test it would have come back with a smiley face. I feel frustrated cos I got a smiley face on day 13. It makes me worry the Clomid's not working cos in previous cycles, I got loads of smiley faces during my cycles and I obviously wasn't ovulating.

I feel so disheartened. :(

sorry to hear that, maybe they will give you a trigger shot next cycle?

well ladies, i'm on the evening of cd13- and its my very last cycle here and i can feel the AF pain setting in, i have the distinct feeling that within a few hours there will be tears- and goodbyes to say to you all. Sigh....im not quite depressed, but sad and a bit bewildered. Such a difficult time, but one must accept what life throws at you.

I have really enjoyed evenryones company and how we all work together to distract each other during the TWW agony... I wont miss that at all! Imagine the money i will save on OPk's and HCG tests??? Over a year i could take a holiday i think...gotta look an the bright side :)

Love you all ladies, ill check in the morning and sign of for good,

XXX

I also have a sneaky feeling I took the Clomid too soon and actually took it on CD1-5. No idea if that would affect anything.

Curleymumma, I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope it's not your AF. :hugs:

Lots of people take Clomid on cycle days 1-5. I take mine days 3-7. The earlier you take it, the more follies you'll have. The later you take it, the less follies, but the more mature and "ripe" they'll be. So, it could still work for you yet.

well ladies, i'm on the evening of cd13- and its my very last cycle here and i can feel the AF pain setting in, i have the distinct feeling that within a few hours there will be tears- and goodbyes to say to you all. Sigh....im not quite depressed, but sad and a bit bewildered. Such a difficult time, but one must accept what life throws at you.

I have really enjoyed evenryones company and how we all work together to distract each other during the TWW agony... I wont miss that at all! Imagine the money i will save on OPk's and HCG tests??? Over a year i could take a holiday i think...gotta look an the bright side :)

Love you all ladies, ill check in the morning and sign of for good,

XXX

So sorry to hear this, Curley. I hope you don't mind me asking, but after this will you be done with TTC for good? I genuinely hope and pray that you get your BFP. You have been such a great supporter for the women on this thread since joining, and I know you'd be a great mommy. Best of luck to you in whatever life may bring. Please don't let this discourage you or get you down. You've got a wonderful take on life and hope you keep your spirit and never lose hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->