Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

I'm 9 dpo, and also afraid to test. I'm probably going to start testing at 11 or 12 dpo...not having too many promising symptoms. Since I've been pregnant twice before (both with angels), I sort of know how my body reacts to early pregnancy, and so far nada.

Hi ladies!

It's my first time on a forum like this.

My TTC history goes like this. My husband and I have been ttc to about a year now. I am 36 years old and have finished my third cycle of Clomid. I have had a hysteroscopy in March and all was fine. My ob gyn started me on 50mg, then we went to 100mg and then we tried the 150mg lastly (all days 4- 8). When I went to see him on cd 10 we saw 4 follicles of a very good size which made him very nervous regarding the possibility of triplets:haha:

I'm now on cd 23 and possibly ovulated on day 16 according to an ovulation test kit. This leaves me now on 7dpo and I'm driving myself insane!

Over the weekend I experienced severe cramping in my abdomen which has now become a lot milder. It almost feels like there is something pressing inside my uterus... very weird feeling. Almost like you can feel exactly where every organ is situated. I've also been quite tired, yawning at 7pm at night which is quite weird. I am feeling not so tired yet today.

I've been getting up at night for trips to the bathroom, which has happened on the very odd occasion.

I don't know if I can wait till this weekend to do a hpt as I'm so anxious to see if I'm pregnant or not. I've been reading the net extensively trying to find something to ease my mind, but nothing seems to help.:help:

Good luck to all of you :hugs::dust:

can anyone tell me when to start using opk if taken clomid from day 5-9..please..
thanks in advance..

I would start no sooner than CD 12, as testing too soon after your last pill could cause a false positive. Waiting 3 days is usually the rule of thumb.

Ahhhh so many ladies close to testing and getting their BFPs!!!!!!! I can't wait for them all to start rolling in!!

Hey, Kcoennen, I love the names you chose for your girls!

Hi Piya

My cycle is approximately 29 days, so I started testing on day 12. We also started getting intimate every day since day 12, just to make sure we don't miss the bus again.

Good luck!

Hi Wookie 130!

Good luck! I'll hold thumbs for you

I hate this "hurrying up & wait" cycle. These 2 weeks between ovulating and waiting for AF is driving me up the wall!

THANKS a lot.. I will start ALSO testing on CD12..

Hey ladies, I tested today but it was negative...but still no AF. So who knows whats going on...I guess I just wait.......booooooo

How many dpo are you, newfie?

Hi, I dont temp or take Ov tests so im not sure when I o'd (or if I did) but AF is now 4 days late, and since ive been taking clomid its been spot on the same day. And my bbs are sore and im tired....so im praying for something good. But after the test today im not sure. Unless its too early to tell. Im kinda new to all of this lol

Newfie, I'm confused...most OB/gyns want you to chart and/or take OPK's when they prescribe Clomid. How do you know the Clomid is even helping you to ovulate at all if you're not being monitored through progesterone tests, or through follicle monitoring, etc.?

Newfie, I'm confused...most OB/gyns want you to chart and/or take OPK's when they prescribe Clomid. How do you know the Clomid is even helping you to ovulate at all if you're not being monitored through progesterone tests, or through follicle monitoring, etc.?

I had cd21 testing on my first cycle of clomid and my results were good. My ob/gyn never once mentioned that I have to chart or temp or take OPKs. I thought that was your own choice?

Newfie, it certainly is a personal choice, but if you're not having the 21 day progesterone done each month, it's hard to know if the specific dose of Clomid you used earlier is still working. Sometimes what works one month, fails you the next, particularly with these medications. Charting would indicate and further confirm ovulation after you see a distinct temp rise after your "O" day...and OPK's give you a heads up that you're not missing the mark bd-wise, and timing intercourse poorly.

Really, you may as well maximize your medicated cycles, and at least begin using OPK's, 3 days after your last Clomid pill. This will tell you when to start bding, and if you get a LH surge, which is a good indication that you're about to ovulate.

I'm sure none of it is mandatory, but I know with my OB/gyn, she really likes to know what's happening with my cycles, with as much detail as possible.

Newfie, it certainly is a personal choice, but if you're not having the 21 day progesterone done each month, it's hard to know if the specific dose of Clomid you used earlier is still working. Sometimes what works one month, fails you the next, particularly with these medications. Charting would indicate and further confirm ovulation after you see a distinct temp rise after your "O" day...and OPK's give you a heads up that you're not missing the mark bd-wise, and timing intercourse poorly.

Really, you may as well maximize your medicated cycles, and at least begin using OPK's, 3 days after your last Clomid pill. This will tell you when to start bding, and if you get a LH surge, which is a good indication that you're about to ovulate.

I'm sure none of it is mandatory, but I know with my OB/gyn, she really likes to know what's happening with my cycles, with as much detail as possible.

ahh well...started spotting so FML

I apprently in ovulation mode :) I believe I have a possitive opk, been Bding couplke days before, and still goingstrong until the ugly with arrives HOPEFULLY not!

9DPO and not feeling a lot to be honest... Although last night we went bowling and during the first game I felt every time I threw the ball, I was pulling a muscle low down. I so hope it's a good sign but I'm still early I guess.

Awww, newfie, I'm sorry. :(

Maybe you could start charting now! Do you have a BBT thermometer and some opk's? You could get the cheapies off the internet, or what I do, which is order a box of the 20 ct CBE digi smileys (they're the BEST!!!) off of Amazon (they're cheapest there)...

Should you be spotting yet? Is it early in your cycle to be doing that?

Tonight I take my last pill of round one! Everyone say a prayer pretty please!!
Just curious, anyone else on here get positive opks but still take clomid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->