Clomid Buddies - 18 BFPs!

IluvRedskins, why don't you try progesterone supplements? I just finished my first cycle on them, and although no BFP, extended my luteal phase by 5 days! Might be a question for your Dr.

hi ladies- I hope you don't mind but i've been reading your thread and would like to join. got AF today so I start my first round of 50 mg clomid on Christmas Eve. we took a TTC break for the past 2 cycles b/c I had the hsg which showed my left tube was blocked (it HURT!) and I had surgery on 12/8 to see if she could fix it...but she couldn't. i'm lucky that I have a doc who is really into charting (i've heard thats not always the case) so that when I showed her the 6 mos of charts I had she said she didn't think my temps were "spiky" enough and started the testing. i also have long cycles so i'm hoping the meds help with that.
when do you ladies take your pill and do you have to take it at the same time everyday?
does anyone else also use the Clear Blue Fertility monitor? this is my first month with that too.
have a great day ladies!

Welcome, Jenny! I'm sorry to hear about your HSG result. I just had the HSG done this past Friday -- not fun. Is the doctor going to try again to unblock the tube? This is my first month on Clomid. I ovulate regularly, but over the last 13 months of charting, I've had really erratic luteal phases. Sometimes 10 days or less, sometimes longer (but with several days of spotting). Since I ovulate regularly, the doctor started me on Clomid 100mg, taken cycle days 3 to 7. She also gave me a progesterone prescription to replace the cream I was using (still had a lot of spotting for a few days before my period with the over-the-counter cream last month so she thought I needed something stronger to lengthen my luteal phase). We'll see if it works.

I think soy worked for me (I got lots of EWCM and O was very obvious on them), but I had a progesterone issue, so this last cycle was progesterone, and just got BFN @ 15dpo, so I'm going off progesterone today and should get AF anytime.

So now that I got my short luteal phase taken care of, hopefully a cycle of Clomid/progesterone will do the trick!

Welcome, rdleela! I'm glad to hear that the progesterone helped your luteal phase since I'm dealing with a weird one too (sometimes really short, sometimes long but with spotting)! What progesterone supplement were you taking?

Well, I tested this morning and it was a BFN :(

Oh well I'm not out till the :witch: shows! My doctor's office called back and decided to go ahead and write me another prescription for clomid... I personally want more answers...why isn't my progesterone levels going up, well going up and then going down on the second round....questions,, questions....

Sorry to hear about your negative test. Hope you get some answers from your doctor soon.

Welcome to all the new ladies! I feel so out of the loop not being able to log in. I'm trying to peak in though on my phone!

Still no AF yet here. Not sure what's going on. Just got to wait it out!

Chantel sorry about your bfn. This waiting sucks!

Hi girls!
I just took an OPK and this is as close to a positive as i have seen yet. Can you please take a look and let me know if you think it looks positive? (this is the first time i've ever tried to attach a picture, so hopefully it worked) Maybe its just wishful thinking.... In the picture it doesn't look as positive as it did in person, but i think the lines are as close together as i have ever seen them. CD 20 for me today. Really really want that +OPK. DH better be ready for a marathon session of BD just in case! :haha:

Sorry to hear about the BFN, chantel. Its still early tho, so there is hope!

Attachments

• opk.jpg
    opk.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 13
Ok ladies finally some good news. DH's SA results came back as normal!!!! Wahoo!!!!! The Dr said I'll have my baby soon! It's so good to hear her say that. My chart is still looking good so my hopes are beginning to go up!

Hi girls!
I just took an OPK and this is as close to a positive as i have seen yet. Can you please take a look and let me know if you think it looks positive? (this is the first time i've ever tried to attach a picture, so hopefully it worked) Maybe its just wishful thinking.... In the picture it doesn't look as positive as it did in person, but i think the lines are as close together as i have ever seen them. CD 20 for me today. Really really want that +OPK. DH better be ready for a marathon session of BD just in case! :haha:

Sorry to hear about the BFN, chantel. Its still early tho, so there is hope!

Woohoo!! If that's not positive, it's super close!! Go BD, and take another OPK soon!!

Ok ladies finally some good news. DH's SA results came back as normal!!!! Wahoo!!!!! The Dr said I'll have my baby soon! It's so good to hear her say that. My chart is still looking good so my hopes are beginning to go up!

Oh yay! What a relief!! :hugs:

My hubby's results are a *little* low according to my doctor. Clearly the main issue with us is that I'm not ovulating, so we are working on that first and foremost. She referred us to urologist, but I said to her, "His results are not super low and concerning, right, or am I missing something?" and she agreed. So we are going to work on me popping out an egg, and not rush off to more testing and appointments just yet. Plus, we haven't combined insurances yet, and his sucks, so it would probably cost a ton! Mine's really good, so we'll wait until he can get on mine!

Did you get any numbers??

Not yet, I didn't have good reception so I'm going to call back tomorrow and get the numbers.

I think soy worked for me (I got lots of EWCM and O was very obvious on them), but I had a progesterone issue, so this last cycle was progesterone, and just got BFN @ 15dpo, so I'm going off progesterone today and should get AF anytime.

So now that I got my short luteal phase taken care of, hopefully a cycle of Clomid/progesterone will do the trick!

Welcome, rdleela! I'm glad to hear that the progesterone helped your luteal phase since I'm dealing with a weird one too (sometimes really short, sometimes long but with spotting)! What progesterone supplement were you taking?

Prometrium 100mg 2x daily vaginally...have you ever taken progesterone? I haven't taken any today and haven't started spotting yet, but I heard it can take a day or two to get AF once I stop the progesterone. My second cycle of taking it will be SO much better, I'll know what to expect!

So, I never got a positive on my OPKs but it looks like I O'd sometime yesterday - got a sharp temp rise today. At first I didn't want to put too much weight on the temp (I'm sick, we're traveling, I didn't get anywhere near a full nights sleep), but my cervix was definitely the firmest it's been in the past week. I'll wait to see what my temps do tmrw, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the 2ww. Won't start progesterone until 3dpo according to fertility friend just to be safe!

hi ladies- I hope you don't mind but i've been reading your thread and would like to join. got AF today so I start my first round of 50 mg clomid on Christmas Eve. we took a TTC break for the past 2 cycles b/c I had the hsg which showed my left tube was blocked (it HURT!) and I had surgery on 12/8 to see if she could fix it...but she couldn't. i'm lucky that I have a doc who is really into charting (i've heard thats not always the case) so that when I showed her the 6 mos of charts I had she said she didn't think my temps were "spiky" enough and started the testing. i also have long cycles so i'm hoping the meds help with that.
when do you ladies take your pill and do you have to take it at the same time everyday?
does anyone else also use the Clear Blue Fertility monitor? this is my first month with that too.
have a great day ladies!

Welcome, Jenny! I'm sorry to hear about your HSG result. I just had the HSG done this past Friday -- not fun. Is the doctor going to try again to unblock the tube? This is my first month on Clomid. I ovulate regularly, but over the last 13 months of charting, I've had really erratic luteal phases. Sometimes 10 days or less, sometimes longer (but with several days of spotting). Since I ovulate regularly, the doctor started me on Clomid 100mg, taken cycle days 3 to 7. She also gave me a progesterone prescription to replace the cream I was using (still had a lot of spotting for a few days before my period with the over-the-counter cream last month so she thought I needed something stronger to lengthen my luteal phase). We'll see if it works.

thanks for the welcome! no, there is so chance of unblocking the tube- she literally said it was dead. I was born with a hernia and had surgery when I was 2 wks old and they went through the left side of my groin. my doctor said that its likely the tube was stuck in the hernia and never fully developed. she said the ovary on that side is nice and healthy but the tube is dead so any eggs that. one spits out doesn't go anywhere and is just reabsorbed. total bummer but i'm hoping the clomid helps my ovary on the good side produce some good eggs! I know two girls who conceived on their first round of clomid....but I also know 3 other girls who didn't have any success and moved on to other treatments.
do you know how to link my Fertility Friend ticker to my siggy? I can only get the clicky link, not the ticker =(
hopefully these meds do the trick for all of us!

So, I never got a positive on my OPKs but it looks like I O'd sometime yesterday - got a sharp temp rise today. At first I didn't want to put too much weight on the temp (I'm sick, we're traveling, I didn't get anywhere near a full nights sleep), but my cervix was definitely the firmest it's been in the past week. I'll wait to see what my temps do tmrw, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the 2ww. Won't start progesterone until 3dpo according to fertility friend just to be safe!

when do you poas for your opk? when i first started using opks i never got the dark line- always got the fade in then fade out but my temps looked like i was ov (and FF said i was ov). next time i started the opks I would poas in the morning with 2MU (second morning urine) then I would poas when I got home from work at 5. I would catch my surge at the 5 pm time! I used so many ic's but I would always confirm with the CBE digi.
hope this helps!

OMG OMG OMG!!! I just took my last internet cheapie and there was a faint second line!!!! I told my husband I wouldn't test again til Christmas but we have two large drinking days ahead of us so I had to. I'm going to convince him to test today or tomorrow so I know for sure. I'm shaking at a faint line!! Lol I cant believe it!!!!

Omg, kellie!!! That is super exciting!!! how many dpo are you now?

I'm either 15 or 16 dpo. I just got my hcg blood work done, but I probably won't get that back til Tuesday. I told Chris I think I should test today. :)

OMG OMG OMG!!! I just took my last internet cheapie and there was a faint second line!!!! I told my husband I wouldn't test again til Christmas but we have two large drinking days ahead of us so I had to. I'm going to convince him to test today or tomorrow so I know for sure. I'm shaking at a faint line!! Lol I cant believe it!!!!

congrats!! fingers crossed for you!!

so i just talked to my doctor and I'm not starting my first round of clomid at 50 mg.... I'm starting it at 100 mg!! AND because I said I wanted to take it at night she said to start tonight on cd2 so its in my system more for cd3... not gonna lie, kinda excited to get this show on the road!

:bfp::bfp::bfp: I GOT MY BFP!!!!! I showed my husband the beautiful two pink lines, and he goes "What's it mean? Are they supposed to be closer together??" So I told him, it means your going to be a daddy!! I had a dream last night that we told our parents the news on Christmas Day. We told them "We have another present for you but it didn't come in yet. It won't get here for about 8 months!" That's how we're going to tell them on Sunday. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->