Clomid buddies?

Hi ladies, just trying to catch up here! I am due to start clomid, 100mg CD3-7. I ovulate on my own every cycle normally around CD19. Did it make you ovulate earlier or later than normal?

I'm on my first round of it and the 50mg did not make me ovd at all. Hopefully 100 mg will. I did not notice any side effects from clomid. Let us know what your experience is with it. Good luck.

Angela: good luck w your round too. Keep u posted about my appt tomorrow.

Thanks Star! Do you normally ovulate on your own?

No. I have pcos and get my period about 2 times a year. I was on clomid 50mg this cycle but I did not ovd. I'm hoping with a higher dose I'll ovd.

Hi ladies, I'm back in this horrible game again.
Tried for three years without doctors for #2, (see my signature thingy for ds). Went to Dr on Thursday and started on provera. (10mg for 10 days, would like to shorten to 5 or 7 though??)
Then Clomid....
My Dr had really just said not to waste money on opk bc Pcos has crazy hormones that make them useless.. I really need this to work. Hub is turning 47 this year :( :( :(

Hey guys finished my round of Clomid yesterday so I'm now playing the O game negative up to now and got my follicle tracking on 03Rd March so we shall see how that goes xx I've noticed this time around that Clomid has made me feel really lethargic I could sleep all day x

Hi ladies, I'm back in this horrible game again.
Tried for three years without doctors for #2, (see my signature thingy for ds). Went to Dr on Thursday and started on provera. (10mg for 10 days, would like to shorten to 5 or 7 though??)
Then Clomid....
My Dr had really just said not to waste money on opk bc Pcos has crazy hormones that make them useless.. I really need this to work. Hub is turning 47 this year :( :( :(

That's great that your doc told you that from the get go. Mine didn't and I wasted my money in the OPKs. Pcos makes them positive for long periods of time. Then negative for a bit then positive. They are def useless.

Keep us posted on what's happening this cycle. Good luck.

Cowgirl: did you get a bfp with #1 after two cycles of clomid? What dowse were you on?

Hey guys finished my round of Clomid yesterday so I'm now playing the O game negative up to now and got my follicle tracking on 03Rd March so we shall see how that goes xx I've noticed this time around that Clomid has made me feel really lethargic I could sleep all day x

Angela so they kept you on the same dose right? How often will they do the tracking? Did they do a sonogram at he beginning of ur cycle too? I've heard that after every round of Clomid they do a sonogram at the beginning of the cycle to make sure there are no cysts?

My appt is late this afternoon. I'm looking forward to it. Just want to know what the plan is for this cycle.

No they didn't do anything, I don't think my Docs will up there game at all in the first three months to be honest, but we shall see, I'm still waiting for the date to come through for fertility clinic yet so they may do more tests and yes they've kept me on the same dose. I don't know how often they will do the tracking if I'm honest it's all new to me and not really been fully explained xx

so i had my first appointment with the FS today.

DH and I had discussed what we would like to get across - we wanted to up the dose of clomid and be monitored during the cycle. i would be comfortable with getting a trigger shot as well.

the doc said she wanted to do all of that plus IUI. Is this skipping a step? I mean, shouldn't we be uping the dose of clomid, doing the trigger shot and trying to conceive by BDing?

I am annoyed with myself for not asking more questions, especially since I have been thinking about the appointment all weekend.

Is IUI something people jump straight to after one failed round of clomid?

Cowgirl: did you get a bfp with #1 after two cycles of clomid? What dowse were you on?
Hey!!
Little guy was only 50mgs. My Dr called me with my CD 21 blood test results and said that progesterone level was not high enough so I must not have have ovulated. She sent me rx for more provera and higher dose of Clomid. I had a wedding that I was in that following weekend so I didn't scramble to take pills, and from so many other women's testimonials, okothought maybe I was a also a late ovulator.
Positive test like a week or so later

So my Dr also told me this time that they don't recommend anyone take Clomid for more than ten or twelve times in their life. I was shocked.

For the opks, I do wish I would have wasted the Money just to check but whatever. We didn't do what Dr recommended either, instead of the bding once every other day, we went for gold agenda did every day and for longer days than suggested. LOL this time is different bc ds sleeps in our room..... I did take two months of Clomid that was two years after its expiration date, haha.

I don't have anyone that is having the same problem as me. One friend has endometriosis and Clomid won't work for her. They did sort of ovarian drilling and she got bfp but
can't get #2 either.

For my Dr, after the initial diagnosis of Pcos and the polypectomy & d&c, I have not had any ultrasounds to check ovaries.
When I did get my bfp, I had HORRIBLE pains on my left ovary, since I did get a positive test, they had sent me for ultrasound to check for ectopic but it was just the cyst on the ovary where the egg came from they said. Very scary

DH and I had discussed what we would like to get across - we wanted to up the dose of clomid and be monitored during the cycle. i would be comfortable with getting a trigger shot as well.

the doc said she wanted to do all of that plus IUI. Is this skipping a step? I mean, shouldn't we be uping the dose of clomid, doing the trigger shot and trying to conceive by BDing?

I am annoyed with myself for not asking more questions, especially since I have been thinking about the appointment all weekend.

No, that is weird they want to jump to that so fast. Did hubby have his specimen tested? Maybe Dr didn't share all the reasons why they are jumping to that so fast. Maybe they just want the bigger paycheck from the iui procedure

I agree Star e it seems like a big jump when all options with fertility meds haven't been explored yet the IUI is very expensive so that would be my last hope xx

Hi girls :wave: I'm starting Clomid in March. Just wanted to introduce myself as I think I'll be spending the next 1-3 cycles on it.. Hopefully just one! :shy: DH and I have been together 7 years, mostly NTNP. After 6 months of trying with irregular (and probably annovulatory) cycles, I found and RE and they took me on as a patient. He is perfect for me, doctor-patient wise! I did preliminary testing in December/January, had a laparoscopy done just this month and when I go back for my post-surg follow up appt we're planning to proceed with Provera and Clomid. My appointment is on March 1st, and hopefully that will still be our plan. I had hotflashes and lightweight insomnia with the Provera, hopefully this round won't be so rough. I've heard Clomid has side effects too, so do you lovelies have any tips? Anything you wish someone would've told you before you started Clomid? I have my hopes up pretty high for it; all the fertility testing so far has come back great, laparoscopy went excellent/tubes are clear -- there just seems to be an issue with ovulation. I was diagnosed with PCOS by my RE, so that's probably that answer.

TIA ladies :) Wish me luck! I'm going to back read more of this thread when I get a moment.. Just couldn't wait to jump in! :thumbup:

Yea, I am just concerned as to why there were no alternatives suggested to me. I was not prepared for the consultation. The ttc journey is new to me and when she suggested going to iui i was not expecting it. I think I just need to ask why she is suggesting that and what the other alternatives are and what are the success rates of each.

what are the cons to doing iui? obviously the huge one is cost, and maybe that its unnatural. the pros would be higher chance of things working out. am i leaving anything out?

i was surprised when other options were not recommended, at least just so choices were presented. i was talking to DH about it and he said we were the ones who could have asked what the alternatives were and we didnt. we are both new to all this and its been a lot to catch up on in a short amount of time.

are you all scared of doing iui? do you have reservations of it as an option down the line?

Hey!!
Little guy was only 50mgs. My Dr called me with my CD 21 blood test results and said that progesterone level was not high enough so I must not have have ovulated. She sent me rx for more provera and higher dose of Clomid. I had a wedding that I was in that following weekend so I didn't scramble to take pills, and from so many other women's testimonials, okothought maybe I was a also a late ovulator.
Positive test like a week or so later

i read this and just smiled. what a beautiful story! so prior to that positive you had no other positive tests? i take it opks generally work for you?

No, that is weird they want to jump to that so fast. Did hubby have his specimen tested? Maybe Dr didn't share all the reasons why they are jumping to that so fast. Maybe they just want the bigger paycheck from the iui procedure

DH is getting his SA done and they ran a bunch of blood tests on me. she wants to make sure there is not something else wrong before doing the iui.

they mentioned doing a test to check if my tubes are open, but i need to call and ask when that will be.

i have read about success stories with iui, but many mc stories as well. it seems like for many, getting a bfp is this joyous moment, but the chances of mc seem quite high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->