Clomid buddies?

Hi girls :wave: I'm starting Clomid in March. Just wanted to introduce myself as I think I'll be spending the next 1-3 cycles on it.. Hopefully just one! :shy: DH and I have been together 7 years, mostly NTNP. After 6 months of trying with irregular (and probably annovulatory) cycles, I found and RE and they took me on as a patient. He is perfect for me, doctor-patient wise! I did preliminary testing in December/January, had a laparoscopy done just this month and when I go back for my post-surg follow up appt we're planning to proceed with Provera and Clomid. My appointment is on March 1st, and hopefully that will still be our plan. I had hotflashes and lightweight insomnia with the Provera, hopefully this round won't be so rough. I've heard Clomid has side effects too, so do you lovelies have any tips? Anything you wish someone would've told you before you started Clomid? I have my hopes up pretty high for it; all the fertility testing so far has come back great, laparoscopy went excellent/tubes are clear -- there just seems to be an issue with ovulation. I was diagnosed with PCOS by my RE, so that's probably that answer.

TIA ladies :) Wish me luck! I'm going to back read more of this thread when I get a moment.. Just couldn't wait to jump in! :thumbup:

Welcome! and GL! I have only done one round of clomid and i had no side effects. but i did not ovd on clomid either :(

can you tell me more about the laparoscopy? at what point during the cycle do they do that? do they also look at the shape of the uterus during that procedure?

Welcome wifebby and good luck on your Clomid journey x I'm on my second round and haven't had many side effects but I took the advice to take it at night so you sleep through any side effects you mighthave xx

Star e I have to admit IUI I do find scary as I know that is my last chance saloon, I don't think it's a higher chance of MC because they make sure the eggs they implant are viable and your closely monitored but it is really expensive, in England we have the NHS whereby I will get one free chance at IUI but then will have to pay after that which runs into thousands so I want to try everything I can before going down that route. Please keep me updated on what happens, my Dr said I should write down all questions I want to ask be prepared for when I go fertility clinic maybe you could do the same go in with a list of questions after all its your body your health and your money so you want to know every option out there xx

Well I'm on CD8 today and really feel like O will come soon I'm getting a full bloated feeling that I didn't get last month no pain just feel full and lethargic I'm also getting creamy Cm which is the stage before EWCM but I'm feeling kind of dry if you get me, I think Clomid is affecting this, has anyone used sperm friendly lubricant before if so what brand and where can I buy it as think I'm going to need some I've heard people mention something called preeseed anyone know what this is and where I can get it xx

angel: I have used pre-seed. its a bit uncomfortable to insert b/c you have to insert it with this plastic tube and well plastic is not comfortable. but, I have great things about it in terms of helping out with cm. it was also very helpful b/c the clomid makes me very dry and that makes BDing uncomfortable for me and especially DH. I would recommend pre-seed. plus my doc recommended it for me too. oh and in terms of where to get it, you can order it online through amazon. they have it at my pharmacy, but I'm not sure if you have it at your pharmacy.

in terms of iui. my health insurance covers most of it. its expensive, but the part the insurance covers is the majority of it. ivf is not covered by my insurance at all, and b/c of that is not an option for us right now. I hope that iui works for us!!! I will definitely keep you updated. nothing is really happening right now b/c my doc says she does not like to start the new cycle until cd35 just to eliminate the possibility of early pregnancy. I am confident I am not as they drew my bloods again and it showed no ovd. but I guess she is just being cautious. so I have to wait until next week to get my meds to induce the period.

good luck! keep me updated.

oh and definitely write down the list of questions. I think that is extremely important. I am going to make sure to do that from now and on. i thought you went to the clinic already? is your appointment this week?

Good luck star e and keep me updated on how you get on xx and sorry was getting IUI and IVF muddled up xx we havent been offered that, I'm sure IUI is a good thing though as high possibility of your egg being fertilized I guess it also gets rid of the waiting game to of wondering if O has come and if you caught the right time etc that's got to be a good thing xx

Good luck star e and keep me updated on how you get on xx and sorry was getting IUI and IVF muddled up xx we havent been offered that, I'm sure IUI is a good thing though as high possibility of your egg being fertilized I guess it also gets rid of the waiting game to of wondering if O has come and if you caught the right time etc that's got to be a good thing xx

i thought you might be thinking of ivf b/c you said the part about your health care offering only one free one, which is amazing btw. yea, i'll let you know how i get on with iui. and what the process is like. still have to wait yet again until next week. all i know as of now is that next week they will give me the meds for AF, then i have to take them for 10 days! and then AF arrives, and then do the clomid. so it is going to be like another 3 weeks before there is any interesting action happening :(
oh well, at least i get some of my restlessness mitigated by these appointments. i just like to be doing things.

It's still exciting times ahead though and no I've not got my appointment through yet they've sent me my appointment for the follicle tracking which is on 03Rd March but not for the fertility clinic I'm still waiting for that to come through if I've not got anything through by 03Rd I'll chase it up whilst at the hospital. I'm going to look for that preeseed now as I do feel very dry which is definitely down to Clomid as I was definitely not like this before it. Have you ever heard of muniex I've heard a few people mention that, is it like Preseed. I think I'm getting that full feeling you where on about last month but I know you didn't O so don't want to get my hopes up too much as it sounds like a side effect of the Clomid x

No, my Dr said not to bother with opks because of my PcPcos (hormones are crazy)

And looking back, totally a miracle that I didn't jump on the drug and cause a mc. Yes, I had even tested and got bfn

I've heard the same that if you suffer from PCOS it can cause positive Opks which are misreading, when did you find out you where pregnant cowgirl if you got negative hpt what cycle of Clomid where you on xx

It's still exciting times ahead though and no I've not got my appointment through yet they've sent me my appointment for the follicle tracking which is on 03Rd March but not for the fertility clinic I'm still waiting for that to come through if I've not got anything through by 03Rd I'll chase it up whilst at the hospital. I'm going to look for that preeseed now as I do feel very dry which is definitely down to Clomid as I was definitely not like this before it. Have you ever heard of muniex I've heard a few people mention that, is it like Preseed. I think I'm getting that full feeling you where on about last month but I know you didn't O so don't want to get my hopes up too much as it sounds like a side effect of the Clomid x

yes, i took mucinex this cycle. it can be mucinex or robitussin. it just has to be the one with ONLY the guaifenesin ingrediant. NOT the one with the decongestant. i took 400 mg.

in terms of the bloating, it may be a side effect, maybe not. even though i did not ovd, i think by body was really trying too. it was just not able to do it. so perhaps the bloating is still a sign. you don't seem to have trouble ovd though, so hopefully you will get it soon. and at least opks work for you. it is a total waste of money for some people with pcos.

yes, i took mucinex this cycle. it can be mucinex or robitussin. it just has to be the one with ONLY the guaifenesin ingrediant. NOT the one with the decongestant. i took 400 mg.

in terms of the bloating, it may be a side effect, maybe not. even though i did not ovd, i think by body was really trying too. it was just not able to do it. so perhaps the bloating is still a sign. you don't seem to have trouble ovd though, so hopefully you will get it soon. and at least opks work for you. it is a total waste of money for some people with pcos.

good luck and btw, the bloating lasted for like two days for me. it was small bloating and then on cd17 it was that crazy bloating. i did not experience any pain though, just fullness.

My mind is gone with date details but I apparently put it in my signature, which I cannot figure out how to change now..,
First try of Clomid (took at night but I was still cloudy and dizzy during the day) day 1 was July 24th, I didn't get a clear positive test until Sept 3. Which is what, like 42 days? I know that's a hell of a long time to wait after

Well I hope it works again for you cowgirl and you get your BFP.

I've ordered my Preseed should be delivered in the next couple of days I hope as reckon I'm due to O any day now I got a package that comes with really early hpts, Opks and a basal temp so wish me luck this month xx

Thanks for the warm welcome, girls. Everyone here on BnB seems to be so nice and open. Love this site so much <3

@Star -- The laparoscopy wasn't scary until the night before lol I think it was just nerves. Before the lap, I had two ultrasounds done. The first was transvaginal, and everything seemed to look good. So I went back in a couple weeks for a saline ultrasound (aka sonohystogram) where they do an ultrasound but guide a catheter through the cervix to inflate it to see in all the fold for fibroids or polyps. That came back great for me too.. I was surprised that since RE stated in my first visit he was concerned with my fallopian tubes, why he didn't so a HSG or dye test to check patency. Instead, he went right for the lap to check the tubes and they were already clear from my understanding thus far. So for now, I think I kinda went through surgery for nothing but I won't really know until my follow up appt on March 1st. I don't think it mattered what point you're at in the cycle, the nurse that schedules surgery didn't take that into consideration. They might not want you to be menstruating at the time, that's all. I had some spotting for about a week, my RE said two weeks of spotting is normal.. The pain and discomfort was average, I really did need the Percocet and Phenergan they gave me, but again, after a week I was back to feeling 100% normal.

I also agree with the IUI situation, angela - I wouldn't jump into it right away either, but your doctor may just want to do what will work first to save time and stress inbetween. Maybe try asking him if he would be ok with trying timed BD with a monitored cycle first, then try the IUI for the third cycle?

The IUI is star e hun her doctor is going for that option, I'm on Clomid 50mg second cycle I'm doing follicle tracking on 3Rd March and bloods on CD21 also awaiting my appointment to come through for fertility clinic. I'm LTTC since Nov 2013, been for all tests all good they put it down to unexplained fertility. I'm doing Opks and didn't get a positive at all last month but from bloods I was definitely O anything over 30 is good and mine where 96.

I've also bought Preseed this month as my Cm is extremely dry caused by the Clomid. It comes as a package on amazon along with OPKs a basal thermometer and really early hpts so we shall see if I'm lucky this month wish me luck xx

gluck angela! did you give more thought to the mucinix?

wifebby - thanks for the info about the lapaoscropy. i was actually confusing that test with an hsg test.

Yes I did hun but they don't sell it in England I have to get it shipped in and by the time it gets delivered it will be too late I Googled it, I'm going to try the Preseed and if no joy this cycle then I'll order mucinex right away so it comes in time xx anymore news with yourself how you feeling at the mo xx

I've never heard of taking mucinex, just the Guaifenesin in Robitussin but now that I google, I see that the mucinex has much more of that ingredient. I'd be afraid it would dry it all up! lol

I swear I saw Preseed on our shelves in "wal-mart" haha, yes I shop there sometimes but no where near one of those people you'd see on the photo slideshows of the crazies!

I seriously cannot wait to be done with this provera to get AF.
Did any of you take Provera to get AF? If so, what was your mgs (dosage) and for how many days?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->