Clomid buddies?

100% own advocate. I got the harsh truth from my new Dr. It really was a bit of a wake up call too. One thing to note, for all of you who do not have periods every three months you need medicine to induce a bleed because women like us are getting uterine cancer so fast.
So this one put me on metformin. Today was day two of that at the low dose and I'm dizzy, chest feels funny, migraine, nauseous, metallic taste. Thankfully I did start AF on my own, 39 days from last cd1.
An old classmate said she went on it and it did regulate AF cycles.
Dr advised me to try the metformin for two months without an ovulation med.
Old Dr, still hasn't called me from last Friday when they were supposed to send me Rxfor second Clomid ddose :furious:
(And apparently conceiving my ds on that first round of Clomid years ago was a straight miracle)

I allow myself 50 days and then start a 10 day course of progesterone to bring on af. Although since having ds my periods are definitely more frequent. Even being annovulatory they are still coming.

I allow myself 50 days and then start a 10 day course of progesterone to bring on af. Although since having ds my periods are definitely more frequent. Even being annovulatory they are still coming.

krissie, so you take the meds to induce AF and then you take them again 50 days later?

i have to take meds to induce AF as well. do you have pcos? sorry if you said that already and i don't remember.

Yes I do have pcos. So I start them on cd 50. I take them 10 days and typically start af 3-5 days later.

If af doesn't show I plan to start them in 3 weeks. It's a little early but I'm ready to start back on clomid

Yes I do have pcos. So I start them on cd 50. I take them 10 days and typically start af 3-5 days later.

If af doesn't show I plan to start them in 3 weeks. It's a little early but I'm ready to start back on clomid

have you ever done shorter than 50 days? I have never really counted my days so I don't remember. I started one round of clomid in February and then this cycle which has been so long. do you basically wait that long just to make sure you don't start the prometrium in case you are pg?

if AF does not show by Tuesday I think I'm going to call my doc and see if it's time to get on the meds to induce it. she told me call in 2-3 weeks and Tuesday will be two weeks. I'll see what she says. I don't have any AF symptoms.

I only wait that long when we aren't actively ttc. I was told on clomid if no period by cd 35 to start it. I have done it before cd 50 when ttc. I tend to start between cd 30-35. But I'm also tracking my cycle so I know I haven't ovulated and therefore not pregnant.

I only wait that long when we aren't actively ttc. I was told on clomid if no period by cd 35 to start it. I have done it before cd 50 when ttc. I tend to start between cd 30-35. But I'm also tracking my cycle so I know I haven't ovulated and therefore not pregnant.

okay i see. i think i started the prometrium around cd 35 last cycle. now im just waiting things out to see if af shows, which i doubt she will. on tuesday it will have been two weeks since i saw doc. so i can try to call her then or i can wait out the third week. she told me to call her in 2-3 weeks if af had not shown. at least im finally getting closer to that point.

If you did take the prometrium and you were pregnant it wouldn't matter anyway!

8DPO here, still waiting to test.. Afraid of getting a false positive when I do test from the hcg trigger shot. On my ICs it looked like it was out of my system at like 6DPO/7DPTS but I think my ICs are junk because I only ever got faint BFPs after he 10,000 U injection. Ordered some FRER and afraid they'll say BFP and its still just he trigger...

How are you, star?

GL with clomid this round, Krissie! Sounds like it usually does the trick for you. FX for a sticky, healthy BFP!

wifeybby, is there a rough estimate of when the trigger shot effects go away? will it be gone by 14 dpo? fx for you. keep us updated :)

afm, my temps dropped significantly today but i doubt that means af will show b/c i dont think i ovd.

nonetheless, i think the temp thing is very delicate b/c the climate is changing here and its finally starting to warm up, so my room was hotter than normal causing me to take off all the sheets. when i temped my temp was low, i also felt cold so i put the covers back on. i went back to sleep and tested 3 hours later and the temp was higher than the past two days. i have noticed throughout the week to that the temps vary greatly based on whether i wake and the sheets are over my shoulder or at mid waist. i

i really dont think i ovd at all. i am going to call them on monday actually and tell them and hopefully they will give me prometrium so i can get back in the game but they might make me wait another week. at least im almost there though. i pray i dont have a cyst or that the follicles havent shrunk enough. i just hope i get the news that says i can start again soon.

anyway, hope everyone has a great cycle! keep me updated.

Fx eveything looks good and you can get started on a new cycle starts!

Wifey- hopefully when you test you will get a bfp and the trigger will be gone. I haven't used the trigger so I have no idea how long it takes to stop showing up.

Not much going on here. Just cd 20 and no sign of ovulation. So just waiting on May and then I think I will work on making af come so I can get on with clomid.

okay i am in shock :shock: AF started today!!! i really thought the drop in temp yesterday was due entirely to the blanket being off. today when i temped it was even lower and i had terrible cramps. went to bathroom and yup, there she was. i usually dont count the first day i see blood as AF, but today i did b/c it was bright red. and sorry if tmi, but its not at the point where it's on my pad on its own. its only there when i wipe, but its bright red instead of being more of a brownish red when i spot and when i am sitting on the toilet a drop will fall into the toilet. so i counted this as first day. does that seem right? or does it have to be full flow for it to me the first day?

usually the docs office says to call on first day of full flow to inform them not necessarily the first day of af. i think i might call them anyway cause i am not sure what today would count as.

also, i think you can see my previous chart, but, i was thinking it's also possible that i ovd on monday, right? cause i forgot to temp that day and that's why FF has marked it with a dotted blue line and the chart would still make sense if that day was O day (and that could explain why on monday when i went to the clinic the doc did not say he had seen a collapsed folllie; could be that i ovd that evening). OR maybe he just didn't see it and i did O on sat.

either way, i am thrilled. this means that i am pushed up by 10 days for sure maybe even more (b/c i dont have to take the meds to induce af and the doc also might have made me wait another week). also, it means that FF and bbt work for me! i thought this would be yet another tool i dont have access to, but it turns out it works for me too, despite the fsh injections.

although it is possible to have what seems like an af without ovd, i don't think that's the case here. the reading i have done suggests that if you are doing bbt and the temps correspond to O and how they would look when af starts that that's pretty much solid evidence for determining that O occcurred.

i'm going to the call the clinic now. hopefully all is well and i don't have giant cysts or anything. i just can't believe the af news.

Great news star! You definitely o'ed looking at your chart. Awesome! What's the plan for this cycle?

I would agree it looks like you did o. Based on your chart I would think Saturday is the correct day. It is possible with all the other follicles the doctor just missed it? Where you did miss Monday's temp it is possible you o'd that day. Either way you had a good LP and af arrived on her own. :happydance:

thanks for the support you all. very happy that she arrived on her own. yay!

as for plans for this cycle, i will find out tomorrow at my appointment. will let you all know what happens.

mrs green how are you? any updates?

is anyone having trouble signing on to bnb on computer? the Mother's Day add won't let me do anything. I can X out of it with my phone but not my computer.

I haven't been on my computer but the ad sure is annoying!

I'm 12dpo and tested this morning. Got a very faint second line. I'll test again tomorrow to see if it gets darker. Fx!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->