Clomid buddies?

Aphy have you ever had a clot like mass before? Could you run it by nurse or doc?

No,nothing like this before. I have an appointment with my obgyn on Wednesday so will ask him then. I want him to investigate my lining to make sure it isn't too thin and also I am going to demand an hsg. I am thinking to try go see another obgyn for a second opinion if he refuses to do it. Only negative is that there is a long waiting list to go see a new one,up to 6 months wait. Going to call on Monday for an appointment to see when they could see me.

That's a good idea to ask about the clot. I hope they get you some further testing. No need to take clomid if you're tubes are blocked.

Aphy I've heard hsg is painful but definitely important to do. I'm surprised my RE did not have me do one bc she mentioned it wheni first met her but it seemed to slip through the cracks. I pray that everything goes well for me next week. Cause one thing I never told her was one time ine of my other docs told me I have a uterus that was shaped in some way (don't remember what she called it). I would have to look through my paperwork to see if I can find it. Anyway I never told me RE about that.

I hope everything is well with you and that you get to do the test to make sure everything is ok.

Star e I hope everything goes smoothly for you FX you get the heartbeat and dont worry about the shape of you uterus the Dr will see if anything is strange with your uterus when you go for your scan plus if it was anything of concern your old Dr wouldnt have put you on Clomid FX for you xx

Krissie FX the TWW goes quickly and you get your sticky bean xx

Aphy I hope you get the tests you want done I agree with star e and Krissie tell them about the clot FX it all goes smoothly xx

AFM my tooth appt is ages away but the antibiotics have worked so Im not in constant pain only when I bite down hard do I feel pain still its made me eat less and chew slower so theres always a positive today I learnt how to wallpaper took me all day to do a small room but feeling quite proud of myself I feel like Im finally making progress on my house hopefully will all be done for xmas xx

Angela- at least the pain is manageable.

Afm, things are good here. I got a blazing positive opk today and a ton of ewcm so I figure I'm actually oing now. I think my illness is what caused my false ch for cd 10.

Good luck krissie!

And Angela that's so awesome that you learned how to wallpaper! Super cool. Hope you get it all done by Xmas! It will feel so good to have that done and your tooth cleared and then IVF! Fx for you.

Krissie FX you get your CHS xx

I know Star e I have so much to look forward too and cant wait for 2017 now to start IVF Im actually glad its not starting sooner as I know paint fumes are not supposed to be good when pregnant plus all the stretching and bending this house needs to be finished before I join the bump crowd.

Star e not long now till scan day just a few more sleeps and it will be here xx

my scan is actually on Thursday! I'm so nervous. Still seems so far away bc each day feels like forever if you focus on it. I've been trying not to think about it but it's hard. I still don't have any strong symptoms. I'm more tired before bed and yesterday I had some nausea but I think that it was a result of food not sitting well w me bc I'm fine today. I'm going to keep hoping for the best but I am nervous. I wish my scan was tomorrow. My ftx.

Star- exhaustion is a good sign!! That was really my major symptom along with nausea here and there. Fx Thursday shows lovely little heartbeat(s).

Angela- I am glad to hear you are keeping positive. January will be here before you know it!!

Afm, I switched to ff to opk interpretation and it set my o day for Sunday. My temps are just too erratic I think. Plus I was sick again last night so apparently this bug has not worked its way through. I am fairly certain I have o'd so now just in the tww!

That's great krissie! Fx for you! Are you testing this week? Or next?

Aphy- did you speak w your doc? How's it going?

Angela - so glad the schedule of everything is working out for you. It's really the best when that happens :)

Vankiwiw - always wishing you and your bean well.

Kaicee - any updates?

I won't be testing until next week. Probably the 25th just because Oct. 25th was the day I got my bfp with my ds. :cloud9: And that would just be really special I think.

My appointment is tomorrow morning so will update with whatever info he deems me worthy of knowing (my patience with him is running thin). I called the other obgyn that specializes in infertility to get an appointment for a second opinion but they say I must call on 03 Nov for an appointment in November. Hopefully my current obgyn agrees about the hsg...hope there isn't a waiting list for it since I will be cd7 tomorrow already which leaves me only 6days (2 of which is weekend) to safely have the hsg this cycle.

How is everyone doing?

Fx Aphy that you are able to move forward for this cycle. It sounds like seeking a second opinion would be a good idea.

I wish we had more options locally. We only have the one hospital and all the ob/gyns are located there. The closes non affiliated clinic is 45 mins away.

Obgyn appointment was yet again not the most informative but I eventually got my HSG referral (though you could see he was doing it strictly because I was making a fuss and he was humoring me, making comments about how I need to be patient etc). He wanted me to only go for it then after my next AF but I pointed out to him that since I am only cd7 this morning, why must I wait?? Also spoke to him about my period that only lasted for half a day and the clot I passed the day prior to AF. He was not concerned at all. He says that the clot was my lining (tmi- lining that is shed apparently looks like liver which is how you know its lining) so I asked how I could be shedding my lining a day prior to actual AF bleeding, he didnt have an answer. All he said was that I must count my CD1 as the day I get the shedding of the lining (so even if I dont get red flow it seems). So from now on I will be counting cd 1 as the day I get my first spotting. That means I have actually been taking the clomid on later days than cd5-9 (oops! either way I still ovulated). I mentioned I was worried that the very short AF meant my lining was thinning due to Clomid and he looked at me as if I am stupid and said that Clomid thickens your lining, it doesnt thin it...this goes against everything I have read! Anyhow, the plan is to go for the HSG on friday (cd9) and then decide further from there...

He gave me no info whatsoever about the HSG, only to say I am going to have discomfort. Any suggestions on how to prepare for it? Should I drink pain meds before etc? How long afterward can one BD?

Sorry for the long post...I hope everyone else is having a good day and feeling positive!

Aphy that's great you can do the hsg and get some answers. I'm not sure what to make of your docs answer that clomid thickens lining bc I've heard the opposite too. As far as prep goes, I've never taken it but I've heard people say that mentally knowing it is going to hurt helped. Sorry to tell you that. I hope that you are lucky and it does not hurt as much as I've heard. But just be aware that it might be painful. It is supposed to be short lived but some people say they felt discomfort for a while after. If you can have someone present with you that would be good;so you are not alone. I think it's great you are getting this done. I'm surprised I didn't have it done. Oh well. Good luck. Wishing you the best!

Thanks so much Star :) I have also heard that it is potentially painful, I really hope it isn't too bad but too be honest, I will be very surprised if I do not have a blockage after all the abdominal surgeries I have had. Unfortunately no-one will be able to go with me so I will brave it alone and then come and debrief myself here with you ladies :D

Aphy I went by myself for mine first! I was nervous but it only hurt for 2 seconds. I did take Tylenol an hour beforehand. And you can BD that night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->