• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Failure

Sorry Liz but I'm not sure. Hope it is a pregnancy symptom for you though!!

Wantabby: awww Hun, sorry about your news. :(

Just an update: cd32 today. I had a single streak of red blood in my cm yesterday yesterday was about 12dpo). I tested bfn this morning. I'm going crazy wondering if it was IB or some weird fluke. I've never had blood in my cm other than when af arrived. This was completely different than what af blood looks like. My cm was creamy white with just the streak. I wouldn't have ever noticed it if I wasn't checking my cp and cm.

Tomorrow is my 7 yr wedding anniversary. It would be beyond amazing to get a bfp but I'm guessing probably not.

:happydance: congrats on the 7 years...

CD 25 today. I tested (early) and it was BFN. I am being optimistic and saying that was a good thing that it was negative, b/c that means the HCG injection is out of my system. The doc. said that if I tested too early, I would get a false positive b/c the HCG injection is the same hormone that pregnancy tests detect. I plan on testing every day, until Monday. I am very hopeful this cycle. Luckily I have a Dollar Tree just a couple blocks away from my house, and Pregnancy tests are only a dollar there (OPK are $1 too!) Good luck to you all!!

Liz- af got me yesterday and it's BAD. So I'm now on cd2 of my sixth clomid cycle. I really though I would be prego by now. :( I'm feeling really down and at the moment I almost feel like giving up because I feel like what's the use.

I do have appt next Thursday to talk about other options but feeling down about that even because I'm afraid we won't be able to afford other options. I'm not doing my acupuncture and herbs this month b/c of cost and it's draining trying to remember to take your meds up to 10 times a day and keeping them separate and not eating. So on and so on.

Sorry in such a bad mood.

I know just how you feel. I'm on such a downer today too. I'm 12DPO and my temp just dropped below the coverline, so I'm out for sure. I can't afford to keep the acupuncture up and I'm finding it really hard to stick to my healthy eating at the moment. I keep reaching for chocolate and pizza instead. I'm not overweight, but I was trying to eat healthily. I don't eat enough fruit and veg! I'm still taking my vitamins, but I swapped to a cheaper version, and I've now been told to take royal jelly as well as the agnus castus, which just makes it more expensive again. I've just been made redundant and I've had reduced income over the summer, so it's not ideal.

I can't decide whether to go back on the Clomid or not and I've been told there's an 18 month wait for IVF. I feel like giving up and admitting defeat too.

Sorry to answer your message with my own misery, rather than encouragement, but I'm just feeling so flat at the moment.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you!

Redberry,
I'm sorry you are feeling down...fertility problems can be really expensive. I spent $85 on my at the pharmacy a couple weeks ago b/c my insurance doesn't cover fertility medications!

If clomid isn't working, can you talk to your doctor about other medications? Do people in your area use femara or meformin? I've heard that combining clomid and metformin can have better results than clomid alone. Also, do people in your area do IUI (artifical insemination)? Maybe there wouldn't be such a long wait to try that. Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you. Let us know what you decide to do!!
Liz

Liz- hope this is it!!! One of us clomid failure girls really needs a BFP. To keep the morale up. :) good luck!!! Let us know how it goes. Oh, and I keep a stash of dollar store hpt's too but I personally haven't had luck with the dollar store opks.

Redberry- I know what you mean about acupuncture getting expensive. I'm not doing the herbs or acupuncture this month. Just clomid and opks. Maybe things will turn around for us soon!!

I want my June 2012 baby...

I hope its okay that I jump in. I took clomid last cycle for the first time. 50 mg cd 5-9 plus metformin1000 mg. My 7dpo progesterone was 9.1 resulting in a bfn. I discussed with my doc about upping my dose to 100mg and she agreed but only after an ultrasound because my period came on really heavy and full of clots. Well she found a large cyst on my right ovary. 7 cm. A cyst 7.6 or bigger would require surgery so now im left to chose between surgery to remove it or birth control for at least two months to hopefully shrink it. Then she wants to try 100 mg with a trigger shot. Im so afraid to try it again. I asked about femara and she brushed me off. I feel like a clomid failure for sure!

Welcome Katejo, I don't mind at all, I think it is good that we can share. We can learn from each other, also it feels good to get support from other women that are going through the same things.
OAN: Just when I was giving up on having my baby, :af: my "friend" came to visit me... All by herself no medicine, nothing.. I am so happy and hopefully... I guess I will go back to my doctor at the end of this month.... Yay!!! Let's cross are fingers for :bfp:

:dust: for everyone

Redberry,
I'm sorry you are feeling down...fertility problems can be really expensive. I spent $85 on my at the pharmacy a couple weeks ago b/c my insurance doesn't cover fertility medications!

If clomid isn't working, can you talk to your doctor about other medications? Do people in your area use femara or meformin? I've heard that combining clomid and metformin can have better results than clomid alone. Also, do people in your area do IUI (artifical insemination)? Maybe there wouldn't be such a long wait to try that. Good luck, and I'll be thinking of you. Let us know what you decide to do!!
Liz

Thanks, Liz. My GP is useless and my gynae is even worse. I've tried discussing other options, but they just brush me off. It's very frustrating. I'll try my GP again and see what he says.

No-one's talked to me about IUI, but I'm waiting for an outpatient appt to discuss IVF, so maybe they'll talk to me about it then. I'll ask then.

I'll keep you posted!

Liz- hope this is it!!! One of us clomid failure girls really needs a BFP. To keep the morale up. :) good luck!!! Let us know how it goes. Oh, and I keep a stash of dollar store hpt's too but I personally haven't had luck with the dollar store opks.

Redberry- I know what you mean about acupuncture getting expensive. I'm not doing the herbs or acupuncture this month. Just clomid and opks. Maybe things will turn around for us soon!!

I want my June 2012 baby...

I hope so! I can't take much more of this. :-(

How is everyone today??

I think I ovulated according to my FF && my temp increase.. :thumbup:
I think it occured CD19/20ish and that is why my CD21 progesterone came back so low.. So now I am just hoping & praying we caught the egg!! I have been dizzy since 7DPO, increased hunger/thirst, reflux/heartburn, and I do NOT have sore boobs, which is strange because I always have them before :witch: shows.. I also had AF type cramps 7&8DPO and none today...

I also tested yesterday :blush: silly I know.. and I think all I got was an Evap.. :growlmad: but it is still there this A.M.. don't they usually dissapear??

GL & FX'd for all you ladies!! :dust:

I had my last acupuncture session today, and my acupuncturist has made me feel a bit better. She told me to try and focus on the positive, be grateful for what I have (cycles, periods, ovulation etc) and visualise myself pregnant and with a child. She suggested getting the books 'The Fertile Female' by Julia Indichova and 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne. I'll try just about anything at this point, so here we go...

Have any of you ladies thought about using Soy Isoflavones? there is this thread i on here if you are interested

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/271211-soy-isoflavones-natures-clomid-412.html

Anyone have good news? I don't... :( Day 30 for me and no BFP. I'm really disappointed this month...I really thought it was going to happen. I started Provera today, so hopefully AF will come soon so I can start my next cycle. I am thinking about trying acupuncture this cycle. I found a chiropractic clinic in my town that does it.

Wantababy- any news???

Cd8 here...6th clomid cycle. Under a ton of stress so not sure if I will ovulate. And even if I do I don't know if we will get to bd. My DS is very sick and has been for weeks. Docs can't figure out what's wrong. Not getting any sleep and of course worried sick.

I'm still waiting.. I am 14 DPO and my temps are staying elevated.. I took another test yeasterday.. BFN.. I usually have 14-16 day LP's so I won't be "late" till Friday.. If my temps stay up I will test again Sat.

I now have sore boobs, they came Sat...

Wantababy- any news???

Cd8 here...6th clomid cycle. Under a ton of stress so not sure if I will ovulate. And even if I do I don't know if we will get to bd. My DS is very sick and has been for weeks. Docs can't figure out what's wrong. Not getting any sleep and of course worried sick.

Sorry to hear that, Mommyagain. Hope things get better for you soon. :hugs: xx

Oddly enough ladies I ended up with the highest progesterone level I've ever had. It was 13.96. I thought I for sure wouldn't ovulate because of all the stress. I'm on cd24 today and this is my last clomid cycle. My doc called today and said he was referring me out if I wasn't pregnant this cycle. I hope I am. Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->