Clomid Failure

hi can i join you ladies ttc conceive our first was put on provera to start af. i have a question what do they test to see if you are ovulating?

Of course. Are you going to be taking clomid? I get bloodwork on cd21 to see if I'm ovulating.

Hello ladies, just trying to keep in touch.. I have no news because I stop going to see my Doctor. I was starting to get down and out :cry: stressing over getting pregnant. I am wishing everybody the best & :bfp:.. GOOD LUCK LADIES :dust:!!!!!!!!!

Redberry- it's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings. Very few people even know I'm ttc let alone how hard it's been. I had a good cry this morning but at this moment I'm ok. When they brought the baby out and was showing her behind the glass my little boy says "I want a baby brother" in front of everyone. It was hard enough but at that I about lost it.

It is sooo hard dealing with these feelings....

I hope you get a bfp soon...you deserve it.

Thanks very much.

This is such a difficult journey, isn't it? And it's hard to share what's going on with some people. Those who haven't been through it just don't understand the emotional trauma we're going through.

I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'm sure you deserve a bfp too, and hope you get it really soon. :hugs:

Hello ladies, just trying to keep in touch.. I have no news because I stop going to see my Doctor. I was starting to get down and out :cry: stressing over getting pregnant. I am wishing everybody the best & :bfp:.. GOOD LUCK LADIES :dust:!!!!!!!!!

Hi baby4me,

Sorry to hear you're down at the moment. We all know the feeling. Try to stay positive! We'll get our bfps soon! :hugs:

Well ladies bad news. I thought I ovulated for sure because I got a positive opk on cd18 and had lots of ewcm. But my cd21 progesterone level was only 4.something. :( I have an appt in September to discuss my options. Im feeling stressed because I know I can't afford to spend thousands per cycle...

Well ladies bad news. I thought I ovulated for sure because I got a positive opk on cd18 and had lots of ewcm. But my cd21 progesterone level was only 4.something. :( I have an appt in September to discuss my options. Im feeling stressed because I know I can't afford to spend thousands per cycle...

So sorry to hear about the low progesterone level. I have always had low progesterone as well, and my doctor said it was possible to ovulate if you progesterone is more than 3.5, but it is not likely. Last cycle I had a similar situation. On day 20, I had a positive OPK, but then my progesterone level was only 3.4. :(

Has your doctor told you than you can only be on clomid/femara for 6 cycles? At my last ultrasound, my doctor said that. This is my 4th cycle, so I'm hoping it happens, b/c I don't want to have to take a "break from trying" after 6 cycles. I'm also wondering what comes next, if it doesn't work after 6 cycles.

I just saw this song posted on another person's message. It is amazing, so I thought I'd share it with you in case you didn't already see it posted:

"I Would Die For That" by Kellie Coffey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfGqOx2iDQ&feature=player_embedded#!

I am now on cd3 and will be starting 150mg soon! Wish me luck.

Good luck!

Today I go in for my first IUI. I had a positive OPK last night and this morning. I'm hoping the first time will be the last time!! :)

I'm sorry, that's so disappointing! I know how you feel hon and it's a scary place to be. I did 3 cycles of 150 mg of Clomid and I ovulated on two, so I thought for sure I would ovulate on the third. When I didn't, I was just totally surprised and devastated. Since then I've moved on to an RE and hope to start injectables soon, which is a whole nother ball game in terms of price and it scares the crap out of me. My RE quoted about $1500 give or take for a cycle of injectables (includes monitoring and the price of meds), and the thought of paying that much and still coming out empty handed makes me sick. UGH. :hugs:

So sorry to hear about the low progesterone level. I have always had low progesterone as well, and my doctor said it was possible to ovulate if you progesterone is more than 3.5, but it is not likely. Last cycle I had a similar situation. On day 20, I had a positive OPK, but then my progesterone level was only 3.4. :(

Has your doctor told you than you can only be on clomid/femara for 6 cycles? At my last ultrasound, my doctor said that. This is my 4th cycle, so I'm hoping it happens, b/c I don't want to have to take a "break from trying" after 6 cycles. I'm also wondering what comes next, if it doesn't work after 6 cycles.

I've tried Clomid and Femara and my next step is injectables. :hugs:

The doc and nurse were WRONG!! They insisted that dpo wouldn't make a difference. But I insisted they needed to redraw my blood. They did on cd24. And I just got the results back of my second test. It showed a level of 9.something!!! Yay!!

This just goes to show docs don't always know everything.

Oh, and I have 7 cycles prescribed (on my cd27 of my fifth cycle). I have an appt sept 15...not sure if he will keep me on clomid. They mentioned referring me out.

The doc and nurse were WRONG!! They insisted that dpo wouldn't make a difference. But I insisted they needed to redraw my blood. They did on cd24. And I just got the results back of my second test. It showed a level of 9.something!!! Yay!!

This just goes to show docs don't always know everything.

Oh, and I have 7 cycles prescribed (on my cd27 of my fifth cycle). I have an appt sept 15...not sure if he will keep me on clomid. They mentioned referring me out.

I'm so glad that your progesterone level was higher! I hope that means good news for you. Since clomid is not working, maybe you should ask to try femara? It seems to be working better for me.

So I have been feeling really dizzy today. This morning, I was teaching preschool, and I was sitting in my rocking chair, and when I got up, I almost fell on my students! LOL I was so surprised, but then it continued to happen throughout the day. Has anyone heard of this being a sign of pregnancy? I did some research, and it said during the 1st trimester "dizziness is due to the rising hormones that cause your blood vessels to relax and widen. This helps increase the blood flow to your baby, but it slows the return of the blood in the veins to you. This causes your blood pressure to be lower than usual, which can reduce the blood flow to your brain, temporarily causing dizziness." I am hoping for a BFP!!

Dr. Called... I apparently have a lot of little cysts, and my CD 21 results are 2.2.. :cry: So I'm guessing I'm out...

Sorry Liz but I'm not sure. Hope it is a pregnancy symptom for you though!!

Wantabby: awww Hun, sorry about your news. :(

Just an update: cd32 today. I had a single streak of red blood in my cm yesterday yesterday was about 12dpo). I tested bfn this morning. I'm going crazy wondering if it was IB or some weird fluke. I've never had blood in my cm other than when af arrived. This was completely different than what af blood looks like. My cm was creamy white with just the streak. I wouldn't have ever noticed it if I wasn't checking my cp and cm.

Tomorrow is my 7 yr wedding anniversary. It would be beyond amazing to get a bfp but I'm guessing probably not.

Sorry Liz but I'm not sure. Hope it is a pregnancy symptom for you though!!

Wantabby: awww Hun, sorry about your news. :(

Just an update: cd32 today. I had a single streak of red blood in my cm yesterday yesterday was about 12dpo). I tested bfn this morning. I'm going crazy wondering if it was IB or some weird fluke. I've never had blood in my cm other than when af arrived. This was completely different than what af blood looks like. My cm was creamy white with just the streak. I wouldn't have ever noticed it if I wasn't checking my cp and cm.

Tomorrow is my 7 yr wedding anniversary. It would be beyond amazing to get a bfp but I'm guessing probably not.

Any news yet? I was just thinking about you and wondering if you had tested again. Good luck!!

Just back from a week's holiday.

Good luck Lizard and Mommyagain!

Lizard, my sister's first pregnancy symptom was dizziness...

Liz- af got me yesterday and it's BAD. So I'm now on cd2 of my sixth clomid cycle. I really though I would be prego by now. :( I'm feeling really down and at the moment I almost feel like giving up because I feel like what's the use.

I do have appt next Thursday to talk about other options but feeling down about that even because I'm afraid we won't be able to afford other options. I'm not doing my acupuncture and herbs this month b/c of cost and it's draining trying to remember to take your meds up to 10 times a day and keeping them separate and not eating. So on and so on.

Sorry in such a bad mood.

Liz- af got me yesterday and it's BAD. So I'm now on cd2 of my sixth clomid cycle. I really though I would be prego by now. :( I'm feeling really down and at the moment I almost feel like giving up because I feel like what's the use.

I do have appt next Thursday to talk about other options but feeling down about that even because I'm afraid we won't be able to afford other options. I'm not doing my acupuncture and herbs this month b/c of cost and it's draining trying to remember to take your meds up to 10 times a day and keeping them separate and not eating. So on and so on.

Sorry in such a bad mood.

I completly understand. I stopped the "baby making" thing.. It was driving me crazy.. It was costing me over 802 dollars a month on appointments alone, I was spending around 50-60 dollars on meds.. It is such a stressful thing... I just hope that we all get the answer that we have been waiting for... I will continue going back to my Dr. next month. I want to give myself a break...
:dust: to everyone

80 dollars not 802.. I would never get pregnant spending 802 dollars... hehehehe.. I am not Beyonce

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->