Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

hi ladies,

I've just read your entire thread to get an understanding of TTC#1 with clomid.

I just found out that when I ovulate the follicle size is approx 15 mm, whereas it should be 17-18mm. This may have been the cause of my chem pregnancy in october. My dr would like to start me on 50 mg starting next cycle..i am waiting for AF to arrive on Wed.

This past cycle that's almost ending i had numerous u/s to track follicle growth, bloodwork, an hsg and a sono. everything else looks good except the size of the mature follicle. this past cycle i ovulated on nov 6th and the follicle was measured at 15mm...we did BD around O-day but after learning this news...i'm not holding out hope on getting a bfp.

Can you offer any tips and/or advice for new clomid user?

I've read so much:
- take it at night to avoid symptoms?
- it dries up CM? how do you fix this?
- ovulate naturally but use clomid - any impact on Oday?
- opks..false positives?

thanks so much for your help ladies....i'll most likely be joining this thread for next cycle 1st time using clomid...

Hi, on what day of your cycle did you ovulate? I found the clomid great for that reason, my follicles were larger and because I had two dominant follicles after my first cycle of clomid I had a better chance of getting pregnant and my progesterone levels shot up before this they had been poor. I took the clomid in the morning, the only symptoms I had were headaches and not that bad. It only dries up cm at higher doses and over long periods of time. I ovulated naturally and I did not use my opk until three days after last clomid tablet so it would not interfere. I hope that helps, :flower:

Oh that is so cruel making me wait til Thursday, lol :) 11 dpo is still quite early to test, my usual start point for testing is 12 dpo :)

:haha: smiler you're too funny!
I always say I will wait till 14dpo then I usually end up caving, but will try super hard to wait till Thursday!!!!

Tee hee :) Well it's easy for me to say but Thursday isn't that far away! Got everything crossed for you x

hi ladies,

I've just read your entire thread to get an understanding of TTC#1 with clomid.

I just found out that when I ovulate the follicle size is approx 15 mm, whereas it should be 17-18mm. This may have been the cause of my chem pregnancy in october. My dr would like to start me on 50 mg starting next cycle..i am waiting for AF to arrive on Wed.

This past cycle that's almost ending i had numerous u/s to track follicle growth, bloodwork, an hsg and a sono. everything else looks good except the size of the mature follicle. this past cycle i ovulated on nov 6th and the follicle was measured at 15mm...we did BD around O-day but after learning this news...i'm not holding out hope on getting a bfp.

Can you offer any tips and/or advice for new clomid user?

I've read so much:
- take it at night to avoid symptoms?
- it dries up CM? how do you fix this?
- ovulate naturally but use clomid - any impact on Oday?
- opks..false positives?

thanks so much for your help ladies....i'll most likely be joining this thread for next cycle 1st time using clomid...

Hi, on what day of your cycle did you ovulate? I found the clomid great for that reason, my follicles were larger and because I had two dominant follicles after my first cycle of clomid I had a better chance of getting pregnant and my progesterone levels shot up before this they had been poor. I took the clomid in the morning, the only symptoms I had were headaches and not that bad. It only dries up cm at higher doses and over long periods of time. I ovulated naturally and I did not use my opk until three days after last clomid tablet so it would not interfere. I hope that helps, :flower:

thanks so much for the information, i will probably take clomid CD3 - CD7 in which case i won't start OPKs until CD 10.

I ovulate around CD14-CD16, cycle length is 28-30.

Are you also on 50mg, how many months have you been taking it? Did you notice that you O-day moved on clomid? not sure if i should still expect O on the same days.

Good to know that drying up of CM may not occur...or at least not at this dose.

I've taken Clomid at 50mg and 100mg and then 100mg with 1500mg of Metformin with no drying of mucus so FC you will too, x

so I caved (yet again) and tested this morning at 13 dpo and BFN. I have a feeling that maybe I didn't have a proper ovulation this past cycle? Will see how the rest of the week goes!

My doctor's office called me today and said that for my next and third cycle that I may need a trigger shot, but she still needed to confirm with the doctor. Any ladies here have any experience with trigger shots? I don't think that I could do it by myself so would need my hubby to help me out....haha

Oh no, sorry for your bfn Starlight :hugs: You ok? You're not out til AF is def here but getting bfns is never fun :(

Got no experience with the trigger shot I'm afraid...I hear that it increases symptoms etc because it's HCG isn't it? So it gives you symptoms etc which must be rubbish. Hopefully someone else will know some more! x

AFM I am feeling ROUGH :( Come down with some sort of coughy/coldy thing. We were supposed to DTD today but I really don't feel up to it. Only CD9 tho so not a massive problem just yet, just hope it clears up v soon!

Thanks smiler :) I am feeling okay with the BFN so far. of course, I was hopeful to see the second line, but I wasn't too surprised when it didn't show up! Still hopefuly for this cycle and if not this one, then the next!!

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling so well and that you're coming down with a cold/cough :( My DH had something similar a few weeks ago and I know it must be really unpleasant. Hoping you feel better soon :hugs: and if you're not up for DTD today, then you still have other days as it is only 9dpo :)

morning ladies

starlight sorry for the bfn but like every one else said your not out until the witch shows :hugs:

smiler hope that you feel better soon

afm it's been ok in the wait ss as always and wondering if every little thing that i feel might be a sign but only time will tell hope it goes by fast

sorry to hear about your BFN starlight but I'm with the others, it ain't over til the red lady sings lol.

I'm still getting pain in my left side, well not so much pain pain more a warm dull ache pain, I'm worried it means I haven't actually ovulated like I thought :(

charlie maybe it's the twinges that it says on your ziggy for 5 dpo? tbh i have been feeling twinges and light cramps this whole time but i know that i def o'd at least i hope i did bc it was painful maybe that's a good sign FX anyway

thanks ladies :)

lucy, i hope that the wait flies by for you!

charlie - sometimes in my TWW, i also dull aches on the side, our bodies can work in funny ways sometimes!

stralight that is so true our bodies are wierd

i too hope the wait is fast we're already on wed so one more week til i have my apt am going to ask for blood test just to be on the safe side if i don't get a bfp on an frer at home first

Ooh thanks guys, maybe it's not a bad sign afterall. Thanks for the reassurance ladies x x

charlie :hugs: hope that the day improves for you or if not that your your evening is wonderful

OH
MY
GOSH

my hunnies did i really o on cd10? did I really just :sex:
:sex:
and :sex:
like a
:bunny:

i'm here to spread the cheer a bit. we can all use it i think xoxoxox

i am going to cool turkey at OH's mom's house tomorrow <3

starlight, i'm sorry gr :hugs: i suspect the same thing to be honest
trigger shot sounds like just the ticket. i say just do it! with a stabbing motion. ...or better yet, YES get OH to do it <3

smiler, YOU MUST :sex:
I DID NOT want to at all but now im so freaking happy i did.
You will feel mucho accomplished if you do the deed. get it girl.
then take a nap
and when you wake up, eat turkey.

charlie, xo what are your weekend plans?

breaking dawn, i admire your take charge and smartypants attitude. we are kindred spirits.

lucy, this is for you :dust:

Where's everyone else? i miss you mommies to be. <3 <3 <3

Hi ladies! Starlight-I'm sorry for your bfn. Hoping for you that the with still won't show her face!

Smiler- hope you feel better soon.

Lucy- so, you are in your 2week wait... Me too. I'm trying not to go crazy but of course I think about it all day everyday. I'm 6 dpo according to FF. Not sure if FF is right or not, but that's the day I thought I ovulated according to my symptoms so I'll go with it.

Breaking Dawn- I still had fertile CM on 50 mg Clomid. We used pressed just to be safe.

I have my fingers crossed for all of you wonderful ladies on this thread! Thank goodness for baby and bump!

horseypants- :happydance: :happydance: you go girl am so happy for you now go take a nap and tom eat turkey lol :hugs:

beestrong- according to ff am 5dpo so we are together in this horrible wait when are you going to start testing LOL early i know but am an addict and give in easily but we shall see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->