Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

starlight i am using myfitness pal and your right it is a great app it makes you really think about what you are going to be putting into my mouth LOL

breaking down i really have no advice on the delay of ov but fx for you

smiler i hope that you o soon too so fx for you as well

charlie- i hope that you push for those bloods and an early scan keep us updated on what happens

I'm not going to push for the bloods but I will for the scan :)

https://imageshack.us/a/img62/4935/img20121126wa0001.jpg

My FRER yesterday

looking good i hope that they will do one soon for you

hey guys, i actually need some help... so before starting clomid, my cycles were long. round one of clomid was annovulatory and still pretty long - 38 days. now i'm on my second round of clomid at 100mg. i never had a proper period between cycles one and two. it looked more like my mmc spotting - but i thought maybe the clomid was just making me have a light period? well the light period never completely stopped. it just became really light spotting. i thought i o-ed on cd10, which would have been unheard of for me.... now i get the 7dpo blood test result back from my doc and my progesterone was 4.4! the cycle before i started clomid, it was 9 something. what is going on?! have i messed up my body more with this stuff or what? i have an appointment tomorrow with my doc. i have 2 hours worth of questions for her........................... what do you all think? i was really hoping for a better number - like 44 progesterone!

Don't panic hun. My 50mg Clomid result was 8.1 then 100mg result was 6.0 then 100mg with metformin was 58 or something. It going dow isn't a terrible sign x x :hugs:

do you think this "cycle two" is really the tail end of a 50 so odd day cycle? i'm really frustrated. thank goodness my appointment is tomorrow. i've had it scheduled for over a month.

I don't know on that one. I have/had progesterone pills between to bring a bleed as I don't get a period on my own. x

I don't normally ov at all but I ov around cd15 on Clomid. it can have early ov

Congrats Charlie! That gives me so much hope. So far I don't ov on my own either. Dr said I should try Clomid after this cycle if I still don't ov. I really hope it works for me too. How many cycles have you done Clomid?

Well my doc says I have to contact my GP. She doesn't think I will get bloods and I'll have to push if I want an early scan :(

Hi Charlie

Congratulations on your BFP that's brilliant! I just wondered if you knew about early pregnancy units (go to earlypregnancy.org.uk) - they are dotted around the UK and I went to my local one in Feb and got an early scan just on a self referral without having to ask my GP for anything - if you give your nearest one a ring and say you have been ttc for a long time and are super stressed (even if you arent!) they will tell you if they can scan you.

Welcome Breaking Dawn! Hope the 50mg works for you. A lot of posts seem to say that you should wait 3 days between last pill and testing as clomid can give a false positive, but I'd start testing on CD10 to give you peace of mind that you dont missed it. If it is positive you could always get some :sex: in just in case!

Lucy that sounds like a good plan. I agree you cant put your life on hold because you might get pregnant. I was teetotal for about 6 months quite a while back and cut out excercise but that was no fun and I didnt get pregnant anyway, so I stopped that and feel much better for it. If Paula Radcliffe can get pregnant while training for marathons....

And thank you so much Lucy for your post about CBFM not giving peaks - I started using the digital OPKs in the evening too and got a smiley face yesterday (even though CBFM still said high not peak) so that was a top bit of advice!! It means I ovulated on CD20 which is 3 days earlier than last month - very exciting (hubby was quite chuffed too :winkwink:. I'm having bloods drawn on Thurs to hopefully prove it and am now officially in the 2ww yay!

Hope we get some more BFPs soon

horseypants I'm so sorry for all of the confusion :hugs: I really don't know what the answer could be, I'm just relieved for you that you have your appointment tomorrow and don't have to wait to see someone. I really hope you get some answers :hugs: :hugs:

Charlie I don't think blood tests are standard procedure in the UK. Also for scans, they often don't give you an early one unless you've had a history of miscarriage or don't know your dates. It might be worth pushing the point that you've been trying for such a long time and it would help to reassure you. Though it's best not to have a scan til around 6 weeks because before then it's really hard to see anything so might cause you unnecessary worry x

Lucy I also have PCOS and have got clomid for 6 cycles...I'm sure your doc has their reasons though and as long as you're happy with how your treatment is going that's the main thing. I wonder if when you start trying again they might want to do clomid with metformin or the HCG trigger shot.

Starlight - so sorry AF got you but nice to hear you sounding hopeful :) I was worried last cycle because of brown bleeding but I did a little reading online and it seems like it happens fairly frequently to people on clomid. Did you not have a blood test to confirm O last cycle?

horseypants - sorry I can't provide much info to help but I hope that your doctor can tell you something helpful at your appointment tomorrow! Must be very furstrating.

lucy - myfitnesspal is amazing and definitely helps me keep on track! I tend to get most carried away when I am out with friends or family having food as I just want to eat everything...haha

Smiler - I was a bit off last cycle and I totally forgot to go for my blood test to confirm O, but I will be doing that this cycle for sure! I have tracking U/S set up for next week on D10, 12, and 14. And a blood test scheduled for D21!

starlight, yay for u/s and blood tests you've got set up. is your doc going to do a trigger?

Starlight glad to hear you have all your scans scheduled :) I forgot to go for my day 21 blood test last cycle too, but since I temp I knew I'd ovulated so it wasn't a problem, though I guess it would be better for the doctor to have some concrete results :wacko:

AFM my OPK seems darker today so I hope it's the start of a surge. I'd had a positive by this time last cycle, so hopefully O will only be a couple of days later than last time...

Hi ladies. Just a quick update here. AF got me this afternoon. I'm pretty down about it. The only good thing is that the two days of spotting I always get before AF never happened... Just straight to AF. My cycle length was not any different than usual. I ovulated around cd 16 and had a 27 day cycle. On to next month.

beestrong- so sorry that the witch got you :hugs:

mrselsie- am glad that i was able to help you about the cbfm and am glad that my boss told me about that or i would always be worried this cycle it didn't move from high but i am also tempting so that helped me see that i was ovulating

smiler- am not sure what they plan is going to be when we try ttc again but hubby agreed that we are going to be ntnp instead on not trying at all so am happy with that

starlight- glad that you got everything set up FX for a bfp cycle

charlie- good luck with finding a place that can scan you

afm well i think that the witch is on her way i have begun to have some cramping not as bad as i normally do, my bbs have been hurting some during the day but not bad but am really putting it all down to af on her way and my temp dipped so i know that she is comming soon

I don't normally ov at all but I ov around cd15 on Clomid. it can have early ov

Congrats Charlie! That gives me so much hope. So far I don't ov on my own either. Dr said I should try Clomid after this cycle if I still don't ov. I really hope it works for me too. How many cycles have you done Clomid?

this was my 5th cycle. I didn't ov on 50mg, then didn't ov on 100mg, then did on 100mg with Metformin, didn't on 100mg with Metformi, then did this cycle on 100mg with Metformin. x

Well my doc says I have to contact my GP. She doesn't think I will get bloods and I'll have to push if I want an early scan :(

Hi Charlie

Congratulations on your BFP that's brilliant! I just wondered if you knew about early pregnancy units (go to earlypregnancy.org.uk) - they are dotted around the UK and I went to my local one in Feb and got an early scan just on a self referral without having to ask my GP for anything - if you give your nearest one a ring and say you have been ttc for a long time and are super stressed (even if you arent!) they will tell you if they can scan you.

I knew about them but I didn't know I could self refer. I might try that if my GP won't refer me.

horseypants - thanks! the doctor decided against a trigger for this round. This is round #3, and I am curious as to what next steps are if this doesn't work. Doctor said to try clomid for 3 cycles then come back if that didn't work out, hopefully we will not need to find out what comes next! :)

smiler - oh that is funny that you forgot your d21 blood as well last cycle! charting is helpful - i used to chart, but I wasn't able to do it consistently and sometimes it made me a bit crazy, so i stopped a little while ago. I have been thinking about charting this cycle though...hmmmm! I hope that you O soon!! FX.

beestrong - sorry to hear that AF got you :hugs:

lucy - i hope that evil AF stays away!!

Ha yeah I know, so silly to have forgotten :) I don't know if I should go this cycle; they didn't ask me to. But I still have the form, I could just change the date :D

Got a +OPK today so FX it's the real deal :)

FX for you this cycle Starlight - where are you in your cycle now, has AF gone?

wohoo smiler for OPK+!!! I am super excited for you :) FX!! And yes you could definitely just change the date and go in for the bloodwork if you have time - it doesn't hurt to double confirm!

I am at CD5 in my cycle now and AF is just on her way out, just some light spotting left!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->