Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Aw thanks!! I am really excited for this cycle but at the same time don't want to get my hopes up as high as I did last cycle :wacko:

Hopefully this is the last you'll see of AF for the next 9 months :thumbup: xxx

Oh I understand not wanting to get your hopes up too high, but being hopeful is always a good thing (I think that I may have previously gotten that from you!) :)

Hoping that this cycle will do the trick for us both!

How are other things? I am having a hard time getting motivated at work!

Haha yeah that sounds like something I'd say :) It's a real knife-edge situation - positive thinking is great, and I've been doing the meditation cds etc to help me stay positive. But then getting hopeful but getting a bfn is rubbish :(

I have done NO work today!!! None!! I work at home, went off for a leg wax this morning, did a bit of xmas shopping, came home and made soup for my poorly DH, and been on my laptop for about 2 hours now and just been chatting online instead....I really need to disconnect the Internet :D How about you?

I don't normally ov at all but I ov around cd15 on Clomid. it can have early ov

Congrats Charlie! That gives me so much hope. So far I don't ov on my own either. Dr said I should try Clomid after this cycle if I still don't ov. I really hope it works for me too. How many cycles have you done Clomid?

this was my 5th cycle. I didn't ov on 50mg, then didn't ov on 100mg, then did on 100mg with Metformin, didn't on 100mg with Metformi, then did this cycle on 100mg with Metformin. x

Wow, you've been on a roller coaster! I'm so glad it finally happened for you :) I have to keep telling myself that even with Clomid it might not happen right away. I wish I didn't have to wait another cycle before starting it.

Oh I know, it is so tough to get hopeful then see a BFN. But that is why it is great we have each other who understand these ups and downs :hugs: !

I managed to do work for about an hour...and here I am again hahah. Any luck on your end? What kind of soup did you make? I have been on a homemade soup kick lately!

I expected Clomid was going to be all sunshine and lollipops but I was wrong. worked out in the end so don't give up. x x

Oh I know, it is so tough to get hopeful then see a BFN. But that is why it is great we have each other who understand these ups and downs :hugs: !

I managed to do work for about an hour...and here I am again hahah. Any luck on your end? What kind of soup did you make? I have been on a homemade soup kick lately!

Well I got one bit of work finished that I needed to do, and I was going to move onto another project but I think I'll start tomorrow!!!

I just made a veggie soup - carrots, potatoes, onion, leek, swede, etc, bit of cumin and coriander and ta da! Done :) It is pretty much the only recipe I do! My mum bought me some soup recipe books but a surprising number of them have cream in and I want to be healthy :wacko:

I expected Clomid was going to be all sunshine and lollipops but I was wrong. worked out in the end so don't give up. x x
Charlie do you mind me asking which days you DTD and which day you O'd on your BFP cycle?

DTD CDs 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 & 24. Pos POK on CD14 so FF says ov'd CD15. AF was CD1 - 3 with spotting on 4. Clomid CD 2 - 6

Hope it helps someone x x

Well I got one bit of work finished that I needed to do, and I was going to move onto another project but I think I'll start tomorrow!!!

I just made a veggie soup - carrots, potatoes, onion, leek, swede, etc, bit of cumin and coriander and ta da! Done :) It is pretty much the only recipe I do! My mum bought me some soup recipe books but a surprising number of them have cream in and I want to be healthy :wacko:QUOTE]

Mmm that soup sounds great. I agree lots of soups call for cream, and I don't like to add that either. Other good ones I have come across with no cream is mulligawtawny, beef and barley, or butternut squash soup! Mulligawtawny soup was my DH's favorite and great if you like curry :)

I hate work lately! Soup sounds yum. Just popping in for the update after seeing the doc. She ordered a bunch of tests. Then when I left her office, af got me! I'm glad.

DTD CDs 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16 & 24. Pos POK on CD14 so FF says ov'd CD15. AF was CD1 - 3 with spotting on 4. Clomid CD 2 - 6

Hope it helps someone x x

Congrats charlie...thanks for the advice,.

I may just end up following this....as we were going to start BD every other day as of CD 9/10. Im on CD6 today ..day 3 of clomid.

horseypants - sorry the witch got you :hugs:

breakingdawn: glad I can help, it's basically the smep I've been following x

Thanks for sharing Charlie! We also did SMEP last time but it didn't work for us. This time we decided to see if just every other day is better. I do worry a little about my DH's sperm...his results came back ok last year, but he doesn't always look after himself that well :wacko:

Horseypants I'm sorry AF arrived :hugs: But I guess you must be glad to just know where you are now. How long til you get your test results?

Starlight - mm butternut squash! That's a good idea. Might try mulligatawny (sp?!) too - I had a shop-bought one recently and it was ok but not great. Homemade is def the way to go :)

AFM my temp rose this morning so I don't know if I ov'd yesterday. I only got a +OPK yesterday though so I'm not sure. I've been a bit under the weather this week so not sure I can rely on my temps that much!

horseypants - sorry to hear that AF arrived :hugs: what types of tests are your doctor running for you?

smiler - Hope that temps can confirm or O or that it is right around the corner! this is a great recipe for mulligatawny soup if you wanted to try. very hearty so eats like a meal! the only change i made was that i didn't add the cream, and didn't even miss it!
https://allrecipes.com/recipe/mulli...y soup&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Home Page

AFM - I am just finishing up my last 150mg clomid today, and will be going in for first folly scan on Monday D10. hope my follies get growing!!

Ooh thanks Starlight! I will give that one a go. My DH has coeliac disease and Mulligatawny was always his favourite soup but the tinned stuff is no longer gluten-free. And how embarrassing I always thought it was a Welsh soup not Indian hahahaha :blush:

I hope your follies get going quicker this cycle Starlight! Got everything crossed tight for you x

Yes do give it a try - it is also great that you can make sure it is gluten-free so your hubby can enjoy it :) I think the soup may be a mix of welch with some indian influences, so I don't think that you were totally off!

Yay for it being Friday!!

Hi Ladies..yay its fridayyy! :dance:

Today is CD8 and last day of clomid!

I'm planning on starting OPKs on CD10 does that sound right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->