Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Thanks ladies :) FX it is 3rd time lucky.

Amanda this was my 3rd round. I'm sure I read somewhere that 3rd and 4th rounds are most successful. Don't know why!

Hi Smiler82 - congrats!!!!

Did you ovulate on either of the first two rounds of Clomid? I finished 50mgs of Clomid days 3-7 and went in for two mid-cycle appointments (CD12 and CD17) and had very small follicles, so they told me to start 150mgs for 4 days starting on CD17! Have you ever heard of this? I was having really sharp twinges on my right side near my hip this morning and I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Smiler, I am so completely thrilled for you. Honey, I know you are feeling that anxiety and it is natural. Let yourself recognize it and if you still arent happy afterwards, I will be happy for you till you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have given me a lot of hope. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words on my icky test results. Yep, now there's stuff I can do like take lots of pills and get lots of blood tests after i get my bfp.

ElleT613, I have been using the same cheapie lh test strips.

sara, doll, you are too cute. :hugs: Thank goodness you are here with the cheer! That means I can continue to be my morose but jokey self right?

Love this thread today, so happy for smiler!!!!!!!!!

i rly want to write to everyone individually but am on deadline at work xo

Hi ladies

Also I wanted to share my news with you ladies...I got my bfp this morning (15dpo). Still in shock I think. Really nervous about having another loss, just been to the doc and she said all I can do is sit tight and wait it out :wacko: Which is frustrating, but I know they only run tests etc after 3 losses. I guess if this one ends in mc as well at least I'll start having some tests run too.

Wow what a downbeat bfp announcement! I am happy, honest!!

Smiler - congratulations that's fantastic news!! :thumbup: I know what you mean exactly, as I got a BFP on Monday too!! Was super shocked as doc told me a week ago I didnt ovulate and prescribed me 150mg clomid, and then three days later i got a positive. I now know I definitely ovulated on CD21 according to my own bbt and tests. Beta came back as 76 yesterday but I'm super worried as I've been bleeding since ovulation (more than spotting, less than AF) which is exactly the same as when I mc'd in Feb, so he has given me progesterone supplements. I have no symptoms whatsoever, but am praying this one is a stayer and that the bleeding stops.

Dont get me wrong I'm so excited, but dont want to get my hopes up as it was so painful in Feb.

Good luck to all you ladies, the clomid definitely does work so keep trying and I'm going to keep stalking you!

Horseypants especially big hugs to you, I know how hard it is to read about others getting BFPs especially if you've had news that is not as positive. But it's good that they can just give you meds to get it right, I really have everything crossed for you

xxx

MrsElsie, I had to do a triple take because of the formatting on your post, but my gosh, finally. I feel like my time is coming too, trust me, I wanted to see you guys get your bfps, so it's very good news from where I stand. xoxooxo. I really hope they are sticky and have a good feeling for both of you. That must be really scary with the bleeding - I have been there and can imagine how I would feel, but when it happened to me before, I did enough looking around to see that the majority of women with light bleeding do go on to have their babies. Pulling for you. I know youa re both being cautious, but again, I will be happy for you. :hugs:

Yeah I've no idea what I did wrong with the quote!

Thanks for your words, you're being marvellously positive which is great, I always think that helps. It's been 3 up and down years of ttc for me - Clomid I love you!

MrsElsie, did you ever do the cd3 hormone blood test workup thingi? Cause if not, I think you should make them test you for things if it is an option. I wish I had forced the issue before, now that i know for a fact that my levels are off.

Horseypants I've had so many blood tests that i cant actually remember what they were all for - I'm a well qualified pincushion! I have definitely had some done on WD3 or 4 though, and nothing came back as worrying. I do wish that I'd been given progesterone from ovulation though, as I pretty much always spot straight after ovulation but the doc doesnt seem to think its worrying (easy for him to say!). Beginning to think I know more than the doctors, as I was convinced I'd ov'd late and they did the blood test too early, but they didnt want to do it later than day 23 so didnt get the true prog level for 7 dpo.

Hm, from what i hear the progesterone cant hurt... some doctors say it doesnt help either, but if you want to force them to test progesterone now, i say force em! i keep thinking back to before with all the things i would demand now...

Hi ladies

I have missed out on a lot on this thread, sometimes it fills up so fast!

Horseypants I'm really sorry they found more things through the bloods. But at least you know now. If you get pregnant then I know you can try low dose aspirin for the blood clotting issue (if I am thinking of the right issue anyway) and that usually helps a lot. I also posted in your journal about high prolactin as that's an issue for me too.

Also I wanted to share my news with you ladies...I got my bfp this morning (15dpo). Still in shock I think. Really nervous about having another loss, just been to the doc and she said all I can do is sit tight and wait it out :wacko: Which is frustrating, but I know they only run tests etc after 3 losses. I guess if this one ends in mc as well at least I'll start having some tests run too.

Re symptoms in case anyone is interested I had a couple of unusual ones. Usually in the run up to AF I just get one sore spot on my right breast, which is just a little cyst or gland or something that flares up after O. This cycle my left breast started hurting on the side and yesterday I noticed it going through to my armpit. I also had AF cramps, but whenever they came they went fairly quickly. Usually I get a lot of lower back pain in the days before AF but this cycle I haven't really had any, though my right hip has been sore. Don't know if that is pg related or I just walked too much one day! Then usually before AF my CM goes dry but this time it didn't. There wasn't loads and loads, but enough for me to notice it as unusual. Then last night I checked my cervix and it was low, so I thought AF was definitely on the way. So just proves what they say about not relying on cervix position for pregnancy indication.

So far I have nothing else - no nausea, no frequent urination, boobs aren't really sore at all. I hope some symptoms start showing up soon or I am going to panic!

Got my fingers crossed for all you lovely ladies on this board. Please send me your sticky bean vibes, I'm gonna need them!!! xx

Congrats on your BFP! I know the feeling of being worried. I'm so scared that when I have my scan on Wednesday they're not going to find a heartbeat. That's what happened when I miscarried before. FXd for a sticky bean!

Hi ladies

Smiler - congratulations that's fantastic news!! :thumbup: I know what you mean exactly, as I got a BFP on Monday too!! Was super shocked as doc told me a week ago I didnt ovulate and prescribed me 150mg clomid, and then three days later i got a positive. I now know I definitely ovulated on CD21 according to my own bbt and tests. Beta came back as 76 yesterday but I'm super worried as I've been bleeding since ovulation (more than spotting, less than AF) which is exactly the same as when I mc'd in Feb, so he has given me progesterone supplements. I have no symptoms whatsoever, but am praying this one is a stayer and that the bleeding stops.

Dont get me wrong I'm so excited, but dont want to get my hopes up as it was so painful in Feb.

Good luck to all you ladies, the clomid definitely does work so keep trying and I'm going to keep stalking you!

Horseypants especially big hugs to you, I know how hard it is to read about others getting BFPs especially if you've had news that is not as positive. But it's good that they can just give you meds to get it right, I really have everything crossed for you

xxx

Congrats on your BFP! I completely understand being scared about it not sticking. I hope the progesterone helps and that the bleeding stops. Will they be checking hcg levels often so you know if they're increasing the way they should?

Hi Smiler82 - congrats!!!!

Did you ovulate on either of the first two rounds of Clomid? I finished 50mgs of Clomid days 3-7 and went in for two mid-cycle appointments (CD12 and CD17) and had very small follicles, so they told me to start 150mgs for 4 days starting on CD17! Have you ever heard of this? I was having really sharp twinges on my right side near my hip this morning and I'm hoping that's a good sign.

Thanks CJDHappy :) My first round was 50mg and I didn't ovulate until CD31. Then round 2 I took 100mg and ovulated CD16. Third cycle was exactly the same. I haven't heard of taking clomid twice in one cycle, but I just did a search and found this thread...it doesn't fully explain the reasons, but it worked for this lady:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/trying-conceive-1/735047-clomid-mid-cycle-update.html

Smiler, I am so completely thrilled for you. Honey, I know you are feeling that anxiety and it is natural. Let yourself recognize it and if you still arent happy afterwards, I will be happy for you till you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have given me a lot of hope. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Thanks horseypants :hugs: I agree it is important to not try and bury stuff away and dealing with it is best. I used meditation this cycle to help me envisage getting pregnant so maybe there's one out there about staying positive and staying pregnant :) I'm glad it has given you some hope. I really think it was a combination of the clomid and the prenatal vitamins we were both taking. DH has been taking them for 3 months now and it takes 3 months for sperm to be generated so I don't think it was a coincidence :)

MrsElsie, congratulations!! That must have been crazy news for you to take in since you didn't think you'd ovulated. So sorry for the bleeding :hugs: Has the progesterone had any effect yet? I know a lady on here who bled in the first tri and had to take progesterone til 14 weeks or something. Anytime they tried to take her off it before then, it just came back. But she now has a lovely 4 month old so I really, really hope the progesterone works for you too :hugs:

But yeah I absolutely know what you mean about not wanting to get too excited. It's like there's one part of your brain trying to process the fact you're pregnant then another part quietly reminding you it could all go wrong again. DH said can he stop his preconception tablets now, and I told him no incase we need him to be in tip-top shape again in a few months :wacko:

Congrats on your BFP! I know the feeling of being worried. I'm so scared that when I have my scan on Wednesday they're not going to find a heartbeat. That's what happened when I miscarried before. FXd for a sticky bean!

Oh Kerrbear :hugs: that happened to me on my first pregnancy too. I think I am going to be throwing up with nerves when it comes round to our scan. Have got everything crossed for you to get excellent news on Weds. How far along will you be?

Wow!! I love seeing more BFP's!! Congrast smiler!!!!

Kerrbear- hoping and praying you'll see the beans heartbeat at your scan!! Is it Wednesday of next week? I'm sure you will- sending positive vibes your way girlie!!

AFM- well I have had some weird pains and almost an achey feeling in my whole uterus area (lol), but I just took a LH test and it was a super positive one!! This is the first time I've ever gotten a positive one so early in my cycle (CD 16)... usually I would get them at like CD 19 so I am happy. I guess this clomid is doing something!! I am making the hubster come home for work during lunch so we can BD! How romantic, right?

Happy Friday Friends!

Thanks Elle! FX for you, great you can DTD on demand at lunch time haha :D

Yay to all the ladie with BFPs!!!! Very very exciting to get so much great news on this thread :) Wishing for healthy sticky beans for you all!!

Elle-fantastic that you are O'ing earlier this month and that you'll get some BD in at a good time :)

Congrats everyone! So encouraging to hear all the BFPs!

Does anyone know if OPKs get darker as time passes? This week, I've checked after the 4min (like the box says) and it's negative, but when I look again after like 10min it's darker. The box says not to read after 5min. My chart shows I'm not O, but I just wasn't sure how those things work. This morning I tried a different kind that says to read btwn 5-8min. It was the same thing, and after the 10 min it looked pretty close to positive. I've never had a +OPK before, so I'm just not sure what to think. I should have taken a pic, but now I'm at work and it's too late:)

Hi ladies

Such great vibes this thread has this last couple days..!!!

So happy for all the BFPs and excited to see who's next!!

AFM 8dpo today...sore nips still and boobs sensitve today - first day of that

Oh Kerrbear :hugs: that happened to me on my first pregnancy too. I think I am going to be throwing up with nerves when it comes round to our scan. Have got everything crossed for you to get excellent news on Weds. How far along will you be?

Thanks! I will be 6 weeks, 2 days. I'm praying everything will be okay. With my miscarriage I didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all and with everything I'm having this time, I'm hoping it's a good sign.

Wow!! I love seeing more BFP's!! Congrast smiler!!!!

Kerrbear- hoping and praying you'll see the beans heartbeat at your scan!! Is it Wednesday of next week? I'm sure you will- sending positive vibes your way girlie!!

AFM- well I have had some weird pains and almost an achey feeling in my whole uterus area (lol), but I just took a LH test and it was a super positive one!! This is the first time I've ever gotten a positive one so early in my cycle (CD 16)... usually I would get them at like CD 19 so I am happy. I guess this clomid is doing something!! I am making the hubster come home for work during lunch so we can BD! How romantic, right?

Happy Friday Friends!

It's this coming Wednesday, the 19th. I'm hoping everything will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->