Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Starlight -thx for the positive words :hugs:

Lune - I had CM during O...didn't see full EWCM but I did use a bit of preseed.

When days are u sppsd to use mucinex? Maybe I'll try it next cycle. Goodluck!

breaking dawn - I was having long cycles (didn't O till CD22+, sometimes even in CD30s!). Uping the clomid dosage has helped me to O around CD14, which is exciting for me! My doctor also has me on progesterone supplements in my TWW which I think has helped to lengthen my luteal phase a bit as well. 7dpo today...but who's counting? How are you doing??

maddy - welcome and good luck on clomid! I took a look at your temp and looks like you may have O'd. A few more days of high temps should help you confirm :)

puppymom - hope you get your O confirmation soon! Then you can be in the TWW along with many of us!

elle- good luck in your TWW! sounds like you got lots of BD action in, so hope you caught that eggy!

murmurs - you have a great attitude and hoping that 2nd round of clomid does the trick for you!

kerrbear - hi! hope your pregagncy is going well so far!

skefie - sorry that i don't have much info to help you out, but maybe you could visit your doctor and have a chat with them to see what they think? have you taken any HPTs in January? good luck!

Thanks! Besides the nausea, heartburn, and feeling like I could take a nap all the time it's good. :) I don't mind the symptoms too much because it keeps me thinking that everything must be good.

I've read you should take Mucinex around the same days your are BDing- the 5 days before O.

HI! this is my first month on Clomid. Day 2-6...My LP is anywhere from 9-11 days. Could Clomid help lengthen my LP?

I am sooo hoping I don't have to stay on Clomid long...it makes me sooo angry at everyone and everything!!!

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

:dust: to all :)

Before trying Clomid, I had some pretty short LPs. Some were as short as 7 days. I was taking a B Complex to lengthen it. My doctor said that I could stop the B Complex while on Clomid because it would lengthen my LP. I had a 14 day LP my first Clomid cycle. My second Clomid cycle I got my BFP so no clue what my LP would have been!

Hello ladies!

Starlight - good to hear that cycles have improved...sounds like you are on the right track!

Kerrberr..hey hun! Nice to see you...hope all is well

AFM - looks like cycle #2 clomid is a bust. I had a hpt lying around and couldn't resist. BFN this morning at 12dpo. Have no symptoms but I'm not surprised. Last night I had a sharp pain around right ovary so I hope I'm not getting a cyst. AF is due friday...so just waiting for next round.

Its tough to stay positive...we did everything right BD: 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16. O'd after 7am on the CD14. Didn't use opks bc I was being monitored and wanted to relax.

We had a chemical in oct (before clomid) and I'm feeling like its not gonna happen again. :(

Sorry ladies..just feeling down.

:hi: All is good. I'm just over 10 weeks now and still having the nausea, heartburn, and fatigue.

I know the feeling with thinking it's not going to happen. We had a surprise BFP in 2008 and then miscarried. I had hoped it would just happen again on it's own and after 4 years of NTNP decided it was time for us to really start trying. The biggest thing for me was irregular cycles some of which were anovulatory. Clomid obviously did it's job for me. I hope it works for you and the rest of the ladies here! :)

Breaking Dawn - I am also on Clomid rd #2 and worried about this cycle because it causes lack of EWCM for me- did you have this problem? I tried preseed but not sure it helps, and Mucinex- worked! but may have started it too late. And wish we would've BD'd more.

I used preseed and soft cups every time during my BFP cycle. I didn't really think I would get my BFP because we didn't BD as much as previous cycles. We only BD'd CD11, 15, 16, and 18. I ovulated on CD17.We BD'd after CD18 but I didn't chart that because it would count anyways. I was really surprised with my BFP because I didn't think we were able to BD enough, but we were! Try not to get too discouraged. :)

Kerrbear can I ask how long you were properly ttc? And also did u do anything different the month u concieved? I'm on my second round of Clomid now, also on metformin, prenatal vits, and using preseed & softcups. Not sure what else we can do. Hoping il be lucky like you!

Kerrbear can I ask how long you were properly ttc? And also did u do anything different the month u concieved? I'm on my second round of Clomid now, also on metformin, prenatal vits, and using preseed & softcups. Not sure what else we can do. Hoping il be lucky like you!

It was really only 5 cycles. I starting taking prenantals in March of 2012 in preparation for when we started TTC. Even with using the softcups, I tried to stay lying down for at least 30-45 minutes if possible. Some days we BD'd right before bed so I could stay lying down all night.

We sound pretty much the same Kerrbear. I started taking vits around that time last year, came off bcps in July, but started trying properly aug/sep. Hopfully we follow your pattern and round 2 clomid is the lucky one! thanks for your reply :hugs:

hi ladies,

i have just sat and read almost all of this thread and honestly it is truly inspirational how all u ladies stay so strong even though many of u have been ttc for years :hugs:
i am currently having issues with my body and ttc. it has only been about 5 months but i have only ovulated once in this time myself. im going for an ultrasound scan on thursday and im hoping to be put onto clomid. im super excited about the high risk of multiples yaayyy :haha:
but at the same time im really worried about taking yet another drug. i have a condition called hs disease. its nothing serious but casues me to have reoccurring boils on my body and is linked to pcos. following this and my resent abnormal blood results it looks as though i have pcos which the ultra sound with soon comfirm or deny.
i just wonder what i needed to know about clomid. i know nothing really other than its a table that is taken on certain days of a cycle but then i dont know what happends after that... how soon after it do u ovulate?

many thanks in advance :flower:

Hi waiting...welcome.

Clomid stimulates ovulation and u end up ovulating stronger...hence the multiples chance bc u may have >1 follie.

The base dose is 50mg (1tablet) taken for 5 days staring on CD2-4 (typically). Ovulation will usually occur around CD14.

There are some not so nice side effects so its recommended to take the pill after dinner...so u can sleep thru any side effects.

Hope this helps.

what are the not so nice side affects do u know. i think any side affect would be worth a little miracle in my opinion.
thanks for ur reply xx

welcome waiting! :) as for clomid side effects, the main one that I have experienced is hot flashes, which can be uncomfortable, but barable. The first month I was on clomid, I also got some headaches, but these stopped after the first cycle. Like you said, the side effects are worth it!

Hi ladies!

Can I join? I just finished cycle #2 of clomid 50mg- AF showed up Sunday, went for baseline ultrasound this AM and got the bad news I have a corpus luteum cyst on my right side...44mm. Bloodwork came back that my estrogen is not as high as they thought with the size cyst so I have to sit this cycle out, no meds for me, but I do not need to take birth control pills to shrink the cyst, they think it should shrink on its own. So I can have a go to get preg unmediated this month but odds are not likely as I have not ovulated without meds since going off BCP in Jan 2012, so who knows if I ever ovulated b4 going on BC!

Pretty disappointed about the cyst and having to sit a month out, it's even worse than the TWW and that's bad! Does anyone have any experience with a cyst from clomid and it going away? My RE said once the cyst is gone (hopefully after 1 month) they will have me do 1 more cycle on clomid at an increased dose of 100mg and add in IUI to have the best chance possible- if that doesn't work they will move me on to injectables as they only want me to try 3 months of clomid...

Waitingno1- I hope u get the greenlight to start clomid. To answer ur question, u will take the pills either cd2-6,3-7 or 5-9 ( I did 5-9, but it is all dr preference) then for me on day 12 I went in for an ultrasound to check follie size, if they are mature (18mm or bigger) my dr had me do the ovidrel trigger shot that night, if u are not doing trigger shot u should use OPK testing so you know when to Babydance or schedule IUI. After trigger shot or positive opk u should Babydance within the next 36hrs, that is the best chance of oubulation and getting preg. After that u are in try TWW, some dr may do a cd 21 progesterone bloodwork to see if u ovulated, with ultrasound and trigger my dr doesn't bc the trigger shot makes u ovulate if u have a mature follicle. Then it's test with HpT and hope AF doesn't show!

Good luck with ur first round, I was so excited for mine, I am hoping to be back on the horse next month cyst free and get a BFP!

waitingno.1, for me, clomid seems to have delayed o! for many people it will regulate your cycle, but for a few, like me, it hasn't worked. i am switching to femara, so that is somewhat similar. supposedly fewer side effects. but way more expensive too.

Waitingno.1- I haven't really had many side effects at all. I took the tabs right before bed so Id say I slept through most of it. Everyone will be different. Goodluck :hugs:

Sarahpg- I hope you're back in the game next month :hugs:

Waiting- I am on cd2 of my second cycle. I'll be starting and 2nd round of clomid on day 5-9. I didn't have any side effects. Thankfully! Last cycle I Od on cd17 I believe. Baby dust to you!

Sarah-welcome! Baby dust to you and I am sorry you are having to Linda sit out for a month. Was the cyst cause from the clomid?

Waiting - side effects for me were hot flashes..headache and super moody!

Sarah - welcome..sorry to heart about your cyst..hope it clears up. Goodluck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->