Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Rebandy--good luck with your ttc when the time comes again. You never know, taking a break might just be what you need to see your BFP!!

Got my meds today for my first IUI cycle... anxious...praying this gets us a bfp.

Thankss ladies

feeling discouraged...got a call from dr....my prolactin is high....never had this before....he's prescribed me something for it.

im praying u get ur bfp soon Breaking Dawn..

AF got me today.. so i guess 1st round clomid didnt work for us.. and we arent sure if we are going to have 2nd round bcoz hubbies going to be away on the 1st of april to report to his office for his 7months contract overseas on the end of april, we arent so sure if he'll make it ont he day of O, my estimates ill O on april 7th, DHs gona be away on the 1st.. but i guess im just gonna take OPks to know if i O on my own..

Hi KC...

Ive been doing some reading....prolactin is good when you are pregnant, helps with milk production....reason for no period and ovulation when breast feeding.

For TTC...high prolactin has negative impact.

It can be caused by stress .....and other medical reasons.

Breakingdawn- im excited for your iui, I wish you the best of luck with that. Im not familiar with prolactin levels maybe u can explain a little.

Burtch-sorry af got you, now its time to gear up for cycle #2. good luck.

afm I have so much to say its been crazy. So I went in on friday to get blood work so that my RE can confirm if I ovulated or not, He wanted to do this at cd13 because if I didnt O he would start me with a trigger shot to ovulate then schedule iui on sunday.

so I get the call in the afternoon and the nurse says I indeed did ovulate on my own and doctor wants me to proceed with natural intercourse. Ok so I was so torn :cry: When the hell did I ovulate I just finished my last clomid pill on Sun and I went to see him this wed which confirmed 2 follies 22 and 18, that night i took opk negative thurs opk neg fri afternoon opk neg. so when did I freaken ovulate. I am so freaken confused. either the opk is wrong or the blood work doesnt actually confirm that u did O.

To top it off dh has been feeling pressure so performing has been a little difficult. I am definately taking a break next cycle.:nope:. So after giving it much thought like a crazy woman I started listening to my body and I was having major ovary pains yesterday, so im thinking I ovulated yesterday and we did :sex: thank god. I dont think I have much of a chance this cycle :shrug:. I was so looking forward to iui and it didnt work out for me. :growlmad: so with that being said I guess I am 1dpo :shrug:

Family - Don't get down for this cycle, hon! :hugs: It sounds like you have a pretty good chance of catching that eggy! Maybe no IUI but at least you BD'd at the right time. I've got my fingers crossed for you. Wishing you tons of :dust: and a :bfp:!!

hi ladies..

Here is some info on prolactin and ttc..

Prolactin is a hormone that is secreted by your pituitary gland, a pea-sized gland found below the brain. As the name suggests, the role of prolactin is to stimulate milk production in pregnant women.

Prolactin doesn't just cause your body to increase milk production - it also affects your ovulation and menstrual cycles. (This is why women who are breastfeeding rarely get pregnant).

Prolactin inhibit two hormones necessary for ovulation: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). When you have high levels of prolactin in your blood (a condition called hyperprolactinemia), you will not ovulate and this will result in infertility. This anovulation can also cause you to have Irregular cycles.

High prolactin levels can cause anovulation.

A high prolactin level could sometimes just be because of stress - and even the stress of doing a venepuncture for drawing a blood sample can cause an artificial elevation in your prolactin levels. This means that if your levels are high, they should be re-checked, to reconfirm this diagnosis, before proceeding further.

Family ....did u opk 2 times a day? If i opk only once a day I miss my surge.

I think you O when you had the pains!!!!!

No I didn't so I def missed my surge, And I hope ur right about O'ing yesterday. Thank you

On clomid my ovary pains always came when I O'd......also it was at th end of my surge.....so if tested that night the opk would be neg.

So I'm certain you Od with the pain....

Breaking Dawn, just wanted to say that i had high prolactin and it went down by itself, was high on one blood test then normal a couple of weeks later. Dr said could just be the stress of TTC..

ive not been on here for a while. the BFNs month after month has=ve been getting me down, i just try to dstract myself so as not to think about TTC too much. so just BD regular and fingers crossed. still do the OPKs though to be sure.

I'm 7dpo now, ive managed not to count the days too much on this 2ww. gonna try not to think about it or symptom spot and hopefully this will be my month

Hi laurabe!

So good to see you :)

Thanks so much for your comment on prolactin. I'm hoping that it was elevated due to stress and I will see it go back down.

Are you still taking clomid?

My 3rd cycle of clomid was a bfn as well as this past cycle where I took femera.

So I've moved on to IUI.

I know it's tough to see bfn each month...

Really hope you see a bfp soon.

:hugs:

Update: tested this morning and bfn. Figures as much. Don't know why I keep thinking anything will change. We had 11 eggs. What a joke. Been crying all morning. Waiting for the witch to arrive Wednesday then off to round 5 of clomid..

Update: tested this morning and bfn. Figures as much. Don't know why I keep thinking anything will change. We had 11 eggs. What a joke. Been crying all morning. Waiting for the witch to arrive Wednesday then off to round 5 of clomid..

:hugs:

So sorry hun.

I know exactly how you feel...my last cycle ended and I cried so much that day.

dannixo-sorry about bfn. I had lots of eggies as well but only 2 that were mature. i hope u see your bfp soon dont give up hope.

afm 3dpo woke up with a throat infection so im feeling shitty today lol. hope everyone enjoys their monday.

:dust: to all!!!!

Famiily - sorry to hear you are not feeling well...

BUT...maybe it's a good sign :)

Hi I would like to join this thread! I just joined this site because I was having a hard time because no one I know has any idea what I am going through. This is my first round of clomid. I took provera to bring on a period because I only get mine twice a year. I took clomid days 3-7. I took an ovulation test days 10-18 and never showed a positive result. Day 24 I experienced cramping, higher temp and a thicker discharge. I took an ovulation test and it came back positive! I called my doctor and he tOld me I probably didn't ovulate. Anyone have any advice for me?
I appreciate any responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->