Clomid/Femara Testers - TTC #1!

Ready2b

So you took clomid...did you have cycle monitoring too?

When did you BD?

This was our 4th month of clomid. We decided not to have monitored cycles, as the blood work proved I was definitly ovulating on the clomid and being monitored wasnt going to add anything extra to the process for us. Our plan was to do the 6 months of clomid and then go for an IUI. I was also booked for a lap&dye on April 15th (not cancelling until the doc confirms my positive!)

Unless theres a doubt about whether you are ovulating or not I dont see the need for a monitored cycle personally. But everyone is different.x

I O'd on March 23rd. we bd'd on the 18th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd. Didnt use any preseed or softcups or anything else.

congrats AGAIN!! So exciting. So, I do have a question...how did you know you O'd on the 23rd? Confirmed with temping or did you do OPK's and assuming we ovulate 12-24 hours later you knew? It's almost time for me to O and have been putitn off Bd'ing with DH because I want to make sure we BD enough before O and then after my expected O. We shall see.

Ready2b... i go in for monitor for cysts...only bc I've had them. But once I have the clear then I never did monitor.

But for me clomid and BD did not work...clomid gave me very very thin uterine lining so I had to stop.

I totally see why you needed to be monitored. I was lucky that I didn't have complications with the Clomid. My friend had the same problem with the lining, she was given supplements which worked. Are u on supplements?

Ready2b

So you took clomid...did you have cycle monitoring too?

When did you BD?

This was our 4th month of clomid. We decided not to have monitored cycles, as the blood work proved I was definitly ovulating on the clomid and being monitored wasnt going to add anything extra to the process for us. Our plan was to do the 6 months of clomid and then go for an IUI. I was also booked for a lap&dye on April 15th (not cancelling until the doc confirms my positive!)

Unless theres a doubt about whether you are ovulating or not I dont see the need for a monitored cycle personally. But everyone is different.x

I O'd on March 23rd. we bd'd on the 18th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd. Didnt use any preseed or softcups or anything else.

congrats AGAIN!! So exciting. So, I do have a question...how did you know you O'd on the 23rd? Confirmed with temping or did you do OPK's and assuming we ovulate 12-24 hours later you knew? It's almost time for me to O and have been putitn off Bd'ing with DH because I want to make sure we BD enough before O and then after my expected O. We shall see.
Thank you :hugs:
I never temped. Its not very popular my side of the world and I decided early on it wasn't for me. I used opks and then has cd21 bloods done to confirm. I didn't bd after O at all.

Ready2b... i go in for monitor for cysts...only bc I've had them. But once I have the clear then I never did monitor.

But for me clomid and BD did not work...clomid gave me very very thin uterine lining so I had to stop.

I totally see why you needed to be monitored. I was lucky that I didn't have complications with the Clomid. My friend had the same problem with the lining, she was given supplements which worked. Are u on supplements?

I took estrace last cycle of clomid. But after that I've stopped using clomid and now taking Femera. Less side effects.

Hi everyone :wave:
I'm back after a month of a break from here. Im back with good news, today I got my :bfp: !!!!! :happydance:

I honestly can not believe it. 4th month of clomid, and the FIRST month i truely relaxed and thought very little about it.
Im only 10dpo, but got + on a FRER, a clear blue digi (result=pregnant 1-2), and another one that gives the "+" symbol.
So early days and fx my poppy seed sticks!
Thought Id come back to share my good news. It will happen for you all.xxx:flower:

CONGRATS ready2Bmum!!! So excited for you :) H & H 9 months!

Ready2...OMG. I am SOOOO happy for you.

:dance:

Yay!!! Are you going on for blood work?

Thank you breaking dawn! :flower:
As Im only 10dpo Im going to wait until next monday to go to the doctor. I feel like wrapping myself in cotton wool until then!!! It is the most surreal feeling. I imagined this moment so many times, and never imagined it like this! Its like my brain cant process it!! :haha:

Congrats!! I am so happy for you. And your comment about "wrapping yourself in cotton wool" made me smile-- that's so cute--- such an 'Irish' thing to say! Do you live in Dublin?

Hahaha..I didn't realise that was an irishism!! :haha: no I don't live in Dublin but I lived in the south and Ireland is a tiny place!

First of all congrats!!!!!

second i am sorry i have been mia. last months bfn really hit me hard and it took awhile for me to get back on the ttc train. but I'm back!

Third i have a question.... i am cd 13 i should ovulate today or tomorrow and this morning i woke up and am feeling the worst pain in my life. its like af cramping but 10Xworse anyone else experienced this?

second i am sorry i have been mia. last months bfn really hit me hard and it took awhile for me to get back on the ttc train. but I'm back!

Third i have a question.... i am cd 13 i should ovulate today or tomorrow and this morning i woke up and am feeling the worst pain in my life. its like af cramping but 10Xworse anyone else experienced this?

Thank you Brismommy. :hugs:
I was the same as you when I had bfn last month. Took a break from the forums and only came back to announce a bfp!! If it happened to me it will happen to you! :hugs:

As for the pain, I never had exactly what you are describing. I had pain in my left side for for the first 3 months of clomid. It was very strong at times, made me worry I had something wrong. Month 4 was the first month I didnt have the pain, which made me doubt if I actually ovulated or not..and look what happened! Sorry I cant really help. :nope:

Hi bris... Welcome back!

You are probably ovulating... ive had strong pains when I ovulate on clomid.

I did last month when I had 11 eggs! You could just be releasing more eggs than usual so your feeling it more.

i agree with breaking dawn brismommy--I am getting near ovulation and am having some pains. Kinda like dull cramping on my left side. Normally my AF cramps are in my lower abdomen area near my pubic bone. I can usally tell when my ovaries are gearing up to do their job. I am just wondering what the heck they are doing with my eggs LOL I am going to use my OPK's tonight and test 3 x's per day. I only tested once after work last night and it was negative but I am only at CD 13 today. I'm betting I will get a positive tomorrow so I will be doing the BD tonight!! ;-)

Brismommy, do you have any cervical mucous changes? I know tmi

Tundra. ...with the strong O this cycle I had so MUCH EWCM. it was incredible...lol

Hi ladies!! Just stopping in to say hi and wish you ladies lots of luck.

I'm 12dpo 3rd clomid cycle and I refuse to test. I'm scared and tired of all the bfn. So I will wait for af since she's due this Friday anyway. I don't feel any different just regular af symptoms. My boobs are a little more tender than usual but that's all. Fx'd.

well family we all experience the sadness and disappointment with the BFN's but chin up dear. Hoping AF doesn't come for you.

i agree with breaking dawn brismommy--I am getting near ovulation and am having some pains. Kinda like dull cramping on my left side. Normally my AF cramps are in my lower abdomen area near my pubic bone. I can usally tell when my ovaries are gearing up to do their job. I am just wondering what the heck they are doing with my eggs LOL I am going to use my OPK's tonight and test 3 x's per day. I only tested once after work last night and it was negative but I am only at CD 13 today. I'm betting I will get a positive tomorrow so I will be doing the BD tonight!! ;-)

Brismommy, do you have any cervical mucous changes? I know tmi

None that are noticeable. clomid has the effect on me that it really dries out all cm i try drinking lots of water but i don't think its helping next month I'm gonna try mucinex

Bris,...on my third cycle of clomid I tried guanifesen tablets (robitussen in tablet form) . It helped..i was quite wet!!

But clomid thins my lining so I'm on femera now.

I wanted to add that clomid dried me out like crazy and I have ALWAYS experienced the slippery cervical mucous, not the watery liquid kind around ovulation. I didn't experience that with clomid. I was very very dry. I skipped my clomid this cycle and I am nearing ovulation and not to be gross or explicit but I went to the bathroom today and I am having all kinds of that stuff just dropping out and it's like the egg white texture so I am very excited. Just hope whatever my body is doing it catches some sperm lol.
I haven't BD since Sunday but plan on it tonight and this weekend. I took my damn OPK before I left out for work this morning but forgot to go back into the bathroom to ck it. lol It's the digital one so I'm hoping that when I get ready to eject it tonight it will show the positive or negative face on it so I will know. the only down side is that everything I am reading eludes me that it's better to BD prior to ovulation than actually at ovulation becuase of how far the sperm has to travel v/s how long the egg lives!! Geez this is so dang complicated.

Anyways, I was recommended muscinex by a nurse practitioner friend of mine but i never took it. I always forgot and then it was too late to get into my system to work. I hear the preseed it good and cheap too.

Yep as soon as I stopped clomid...the CM came back!

I also use preseed...just a little is all you need.

well ladies I got my +OPK last night and Bd'd with DH. I tested the day before and it was negative so I am assuming I will ovulate today or tomorrow. When I took the clomid I ovulated around CD16 or CD17 and I tested + on CD14, so that would be right on spot if I am ovulating 12-24 hours from the +. I just hope I didn't mess up by not bd'ing this week other than last night. They say the days prior to O are the best because of the time for the sperm to travel where it needs to go. What do you all think? I am going to try and BD again with DH tonight but not sure I will get to because he's working 12 hour days this weekend dur to some military training exercise this week. ugh.. I know tomorrow will be too late to catch the egg...Geez why does this have to be so complicated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->