Clomid First Timers

bbhopes.. I didn't really have any bad side effects..I took my pills before bed.. I had a headache one day.. and I have had about 3 days total where i am super bitch...and crabby.. and 10 mins minute after I am fine.. but other than that nothing really.. I am now CD19.. my nipples are sensitive and I had a little bloody boogers(Sorry) but that is it :) wish you the best of luck with this cycle!

Thank you Emirc
Best of luck to you too!

Hey BBHopes, i'm now on CD5, clomid day 4 of the 5 prescribed.
I was really worried about side effects but i haven't experienced anything?

I am taking 50 a day for days 2 - 6 inclusive , it could be phycological but i actually feel a bit happier than i did before, i was quite short tempered before. This could be hormonal perhaps or maybe i am just excited about the increased hope of getting pregnant.

It could be too early to tell at this stage also though, so:thumbup: i will keep popping in to update the side effects.

As i have very irregular periods can anyone recommend when to start OPK testing? I dont want to start too late and miss it?

I'm taking my temps everyday but not sure what to look for or what it means?

I am going to start checking my cervix too i think.

Thanks

hi ladies :flower: thought i would pop back and say hi ! :D

thats great news that your feeling happier on this round savage! i was a tad stroppy on mine the first time around !!

did anyone experiance any out of the ordinary symptoms from ovulation and into the lead up for af.?? im now 5dpo and for the last 3 days ive had very creamy white lotion like cm and lots of it! its still in my underwear when i pop to the loo sorry tmi, and when i wipe there is usually some noticeable and then when i check my cervix.. its always there lol.
is this a normal side effect of the clomid as ive never had it any other month? x

I had that creamy cm Summer. It seems women who have good cm on clomid also get that after ov. It can be a pregnancy symptom if it stays after af is due. That kind of cm is a plug for your cervix to protect it from unwanted bacteria etc so try to not check your cervix too regularly. Normal a day or 2 before af that cm will completely dry up and go tacky till there is none.

Savage if you took 2-6 then start cd10...if till 7 start CD11...10 at a push. Clomid can give quite dark lines (not pos) on opks and it can be confusing so you need a good few days after taking the clomid before using them. Oh and most of my differences were after taking clomid, not while I was on it.x

:hi: Emi! x

My second month has been ok. I am still very snappy but I feel way better than last month. No real hot flashes. Had a headache the morning after the 1st one and thats about it! My period also went from heavy...to stop! I am barely spotting now. My vision is still a bit quirky but not as bad as last month. Oh and the dreams started again last night same as last month.

I'm CD4 already!!!! I am SO friggin happy about that. I know it doesnt seem long but in a week I will be using my opks and waiting to ov :dance: I can live with that.

:hi: ladies,

I have a question. I took clomid on CD3-7 and was told to start using OPKs on CD10 which was yesterday. I use the smiley face OPKs and I got a smiley face yesterday. Could that be wrong? But I do feel OV pains on both sides and even in my back. But we have been :sex: every other day. Should I :sex: tonight and tomorrow just for good measure.

The fs told me to stop using clomid today, so I guess the ultrasound showed good progress, or too many follicles??? no idea, was suppose to be on it for ten days, but they stoped me at 6 days. anyone else have this happen?

Ready4onemore, I think CJ was saying on another page that clomid can affect the opks for a few days. (CJ CAN YOU REFRESH US ON THIS??)
I was told every other day is good, but often wonder if more often would be better closer to the time, all depends on sperm counts. hoping for you!

Hi ladies I started Clomid three days ago, my dr wants me on it for ten days, and then on progesterone after I ovulate, but I see majority of people are usually only on clomid for five or so days, doesn't ten days seem extreme?
I'm also on 100 mg. Haven't noticed much of symptoms as of yet, likely too early.
hope all is well.

I was put straight onto 100mg as my FS finds its the most effective. I also paid about $80, that was for 10 pills as Im doing 2 pills x 5 days. I havent heard people doing it for 10 days, but each patient is different. I ovulate fine and was just put on it as the first step in fertility treatments. Are you being monitored for follicles? good luck :flower:

I'm on 100 mg also and they are monitoring my full cycle with blood and ultrasounds, they did this last month as well, when we were first going for testing etc, but seems like it's a monthly routine. They are also going to be giving me progesterone, is that super expensive??
hoping for you.

Hey ladies I'm in! AF came today so start Clomid tomorrow until cd6. What time do you all take it? Do you take it with food? Thanks xx

Hi Bradpittswife... I took mine at night before bed.. I didn't take it with food. They say when you take it before bed it helps bypass the side effects.. but i think some people cant sleep too well if you take it at night.. m not 100% sure of this. some im sure some of the other ladies can help you a little better :) best of luck with this cycle!

I took it 4pm last cycle and had a hard time. I take it 10pm now and that seems to be great. My symptoms have been virtually non existent this cycle. I cant say I have noticed about my sleep pattern, but some may have.

:wave:Hi Brad Pitts Wife, glad the witch arrived for you at last.

lets hope this is the last time you see her for a while!!

I took my last dose of Clomid on Friday, I was taking it before I went to bed probably about 11pm, I have been really lucky so far and not experienced any side effects at all, i'm hoping that doesn't mean that it hasn't worked?

I'm now waiting to start OPK, CJ recommends day 10, so will start testing Tuesday CD10. I've Never had a positive OPK so this will be interesting?:shrug:

Good luck with the Clomid, hope you dont suffer with it?

Hi CJ, thanks for the advise hope your ok?:hugs:

Thanks ladies am going to take it shortly so hoping for a side effect free night! Tbh don't feel that excited about it as I know I'm already ovulating but hey ho anythings worth a shot!

it will help your eggs hun if u already o i already o to so it will help are eggs be good quality hun x x x

I took it 4pm last cycle and had a hard time. I take it 10pm now and that seems to be great. My symptoms have been virtually non existent this cycle. I cant say I have noticed about my sleep pattern, but some may have.

hello CJ !! have been eagerly reading all your advice and was wandering what your symptoms were after your first cycle of clomd one you was in the '2ww'... im on cd6 and since yesterday ive had cramping and pain in both ovary sides and across my lower stomach , and for a few days a LOT of creamy white cm !! cervix is high and firm and kind of tilted?? if that makes sence??? was just wandering if this was the sort of thing you experianced in your 2ww?? xxx

Picked up a tube of preseed from the pharmacy... clomid has me super dry and mucinex isn't helping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->