Confessional

oh come on please tell me I didn't just freely admit my chicken obsession to you all with no responses!!!

I had a chicken obsession too (kinda still do). We always had chickens and I would name every single one...I even ended up with a rooster named Princess because I didn't know he was a rooster when we got him. When I learned to crochet I would make little hats for them all...Photo included.

Hello soul mate

If I have a bag of skittles (or smarties) I have to eat one colour at a time, I cant mix them! So I cant eat them when I'm out incase I miss one in the bottom of the packet and spoil the pattern.

It also drives me mad if the labels on jars, tins and packets aren't facing the front, I take ages straightening everything up. Makes me nervous in Tesco because they're often turned!!

i always have been and always will be terrified of E.T.

I also have to have the volume on things an even number. Same when setting my alarm on my phone. My husband winds me up and will set his alarm for 7.03 or something to annoy me, I have to wait til he's asleep then I change it to 7.00.

I can only eat sweets in 2's, so things like buttons, smarties, skittles etc. if I only have one left then I give it to oh.

When I eat ice cream I have to mix it til it's runny, I cannot eat it in a block.

I hate the feel of cotton wool too, when lo was a newborn and I used cotton wool to clean her I had my oh get me some of the rubber glove things that doctors wear.

I can't/won't step on cracks in the pavement or on drains.

When I'm in the car and I get to where I need to be and need to turn the car off I have to wait til the clock is showing an even number before I switch it off.

There's probably more! My oh is asleep but I'm sure if he was awake he'd be able to reel off a list of the weird things about me! Lol!

X

If I have a bag of skittles (or smarties) I have to eat one colour at a time, I cant mix them! So I cant eat them when I'm out incase I miss one in the bottom of the packet and spoil the pattern.

It also drives me mad if the labels on jars, tins and packets aren't facing the front, I take ages straightening everything up. Makes me nervous in Tesco because they're often turned!!

I have to do the skittles and smarties thing. I empty them all out onto the sofa and separate them into colours then eat one colour at a time!

X

I can't think of anything, I feel so left out.

I have issues with wet paper!

I can't bear wet tissue when it goes all bitty. At work we have paper towels to dry our hands on and if it goes all bitty on my hands it makes me feel sick - i start gipping and everything!
I also can't stand when someone's left a cardborad box outside in the rain and it disintegrates. I have to step (or sometimes jump!) over it because the thought of it on my shoes makes me feel sick! I'd actually rather step in dog poo than wet cardboard :haha:

And don't even get me started on paper mache! :sick:

The sound of silverware on plates or teeth makes me want to die.. literally. I can't handle it.

I cannot take a lollipop with a wooden stick off someone! If my oh offers me some I can't touch the stick, if it is my own lollipop then I can.....I'm a freak! :)

I have to do the skittles and smarties thing. I empty them all out onto the sofa and separate them into colours then eat one colour at a time!

X

:happydance: I feel better now!! I've gotta tell OH its not just me.

I do the opposite with smarties and skittles - I have to eat so that I have an even number of all colours - so if I start out with 5 red, 4 blue, 3 green and 3 yellow, I have to eat the extra reds and blues first so it is all even, then eat one of each so there are two of everything and so on.

I am obsessed with words of more than four syllables - I hunt them out when I am reading or listening to someone talk. If possible I write them down as I hear them, or else I tap out the number of syllables with my fingers.

Also as a child I fell down a manhole.

I do the opposite with smarties and skittles - I have to eat so that I have an even number of all colours - so if I start out with 5 red, 4 blue, 3 green and 3 yellow, I have to eat the extra reds and blues first so it is all even, then eat one of each so there are two of everything and so on.

I am obsessed with words of more than four syllables - I hunt them out when I am reading or listening to someone talk. If possible I write them down as I hear them, or else I tap out the number of syllables with my fingers.

Also as a child I fell down a manhole.

I do that with coloured sweets!

I also have to eat each part of a dinner before moving on to the next bit so - veg, meat, mash then yorkies! And if I find a stray piece of veg say under my meat...oh my...my dinner is ruined! :dohh:

:flow:

oh come on please tell me I didn't just freely admit my chicken obsession to you all with no responses!!!

I had a chicken obsession too (kinda still do). We always had chickens and I would name every single one...I even ended up with a rooster named Princess because I didn't know he was a rooster when we got him. When I learned to crochet I would make little hats for them all...Photo included.

:rofl:

I can't put my hands in washing up water or touch wet food without gloves... Makes me heave :sick: also my OCD is I have to put notes ( money) the right way up whenever I see them, wasted time when I worked in a pub lol.

I have irrational fear of fish after an incident when i was 12 when one of our goldfish jumped out the tank and landed on me causing its eye to pop out. My dad flushed it down the loo...and it took me 2 years to ever use that toilet again...and i still cant go near fish with out freaking out...cant even eat them. Eek

*sigh* Ok, so when I was young my step dad was really into the alien documentaries about little grey men, I spent my childhood TERRIFIED that I was going to be abducted by little grey men =/

**runs in front of a train**

The sound of silverware on plates or teeth makes me want to die.. literally. I can't handle it.

I love you. We talked about this in the Katie thread and apparently I was the only one that this annoyed. DO NOT BITE YOUR FORK OR I WILL STAB YOU WITH IT. We discovered Katie does this, we could never eat lunch together :(

I have issues with wet paper!

I can't bear wet tissue when it goes all bitty. At work we have paper towels to dry our hands on and if it goes all bitty on my hands it makes me feel sick - i start gipping and everything!
I also can't stand when someone's left a cardborad box outside in the rain and it disintegrates. I have to step (or sometimes jump!) over it because the thought of it on my shoes makes me feel sick! I'd actually rather step in dog poo than wet cardboard :haha:

And don't even get me started on paper mache! :sick:

OMG i am exactly the same wet paper is just so gross and them lollypops with a paper stick :sick:

i also have an issue with light switches i clean all the light switches in my house about 3 times a day and if i go somewhere else and have to touch a light switch i have to clean it first or turn it on/off with my elbow (withclothes over it) it even worse now i carry a baby bag as i alway have wet wipes with me i can be sat in a restaurant and i am stirring at the light switches thinking ewww how many dirty fingers have touched that i could just go and give it a clean for them :blush:

I had loads when i was younger but kinda outgrew them lol.

I did empty all sweets (say skittles) out and then group them into colours and eat the largest groups first lol.

I did the only eat one thing on the plate at dinner time before i could move onto the next food lol.

When i used to buy a chocolate bar i used to have to eat the chocolate all round the edges first then the top layer, then the bottom layer then finally the bit of chocolate that was left ahaha.

I could never walk on any pavements that had cracks in them or across any drains where there were 3 in a row cos apparantly that was bad luck?

I still do this and yes it is weird. When i am stressed i push on the skin on the end of my finger from one side of the nail to the other, i start at my thumb and end at my little finger, then i get all my fingers where that skin bit is and push them into the palm of my other hand. Then i repeat this with the other hand. OMG well i sound like a right nutcase now lol. :haha::blush:

i'm a chocolate hoarder.

i really love chocolate. i buy it and put it in the fridge and anytime i think about having it i think 'there will be another time soon when i'll want it more'. so i'll leave it. or have half and put the rest back in the fridge :blush:

i did this as a kid too, always 'saved a bit for later' but then my big bro would go and eat it. i mean, who'd pinch a half eaten choccy bar??!! it blatantly belongs to someone....:shrug:

i also don't like brown or orange sweets, like m&ms or smarties etc...so i leave them in the packet and usually OH gets them, or i throw them away :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->