Confessional

- I have a morning routine when I get up and can't move onto my next task without doing the first one. If something happens that interrupts my schedule it gets me really anxious.

- I can't sit with people who are eating. The sound makes me gag.

- I have an intense fear of prawn crackers. Typing the words makes my mouth go dry.

- I have to have lipbalm on at all times. I hate the feeling of dry lips, so I usually reapply every 15-20 mins.

My partner has a few too:

- He keeps lots of random things from his life like letters, medals and wristbands. He has accumulated 2 large boxes since he was 12. He is frightened of losing his memory and keeps them so he can remind himself who he is.

- He has an extreme fear of spiders and insects with long thin legs.

- He keeps lots of lists for different things. He always has to write things down or he gets frustrated. Little things like how much he spent today or what is happening tomorrow.

We sound like total freaks!

Some of these are amazing :lol: I especially love the chicken hats :D Oh and the crane fly lady ;)

When I was little my lovely parents used to tell me the boogey man would come out of my drawers if they weren't closed properly- so as you can imagine they were always and still are always closed!

I used to have a digital clock on my TV in my bedroom growing up and every time it'd be like 22:22 I'd like to do a special noise like I'm taking a photo of it... I still do :lol:

I have a HUGE thing about ants getting into the house... stems from growing up and having a ant problem in my parents house, I remember finding them in my cereal :sick:

oh right here goes

im scared of milk, everythin about it makes me want to throw up-i have a drop in my coffee

when i was little i used to make up words to the theme tune for eastenders

i dont eat crusts-even on burgers-this drives my hubby nuts!!

i always have to leave somethin on my plate

i will only use certain cutlery,if it doesnt feel right i cant use it

i like to save worms-if their on the path i pick them up and put them back on the grass

i like wearing odd socks and underwear but dont like anythin else odd. clothes have to match or i feel off balance

i like people to sit on my feet

OMG! Me too :thumbup:

I used to have a digital clock on my TV in my bedroom growing up and every time it'd be like 22:22 I'd like to do a special noise like I'm taking a photo of it... I still do :lol:

haha i can't get out of bed to pee if i notice the clock's on 22.22 i have to wait til it changes. :dohh:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that hates cotton wool! All my family think I'm so weird.

If I had a bag of crisps when I was little I used to tip them out onto a plate and eat them from smallest to biggest. If someone came and took one so they were out of order I'd go ballistic, it would genuinely really upset me haha. Glad I've grown out of that one!

People scratching on plastic makes me gag..

I can't stand it when I accidently bite a metal fork

I still sleep with a stuffed animal even though I am 26 and have been married for 3 years

I have to check all the door locks multiple times before I can fall asleep even if DH already checked them.

When I was a teenager and younger I couldn't stand or walk on a manhole or sewer drain cover for fear that I would fall in, I had to walk way around them or jump over them.

Oh yeah, and I am still to this day afraid of anything in a costume, like all the cartoon animals at theme parks and such. Someone dressed up as an oreo cookie at work a month ago and was hugging everyone, I just completly froze up when he came near me.

I was afraid of metal cutlery for years, had to eat alone for a long time in case I was with someone who bit their fork :sick: or in case it scraped and carried plastic cutlery with me in my handbag, my mum forced me to go to a few meals out over the years, i was allowed bring my plastic cutlery but if anyone made noises with the metal (which they usually did) i would literally be sick, I still dont like the sounds but im a lot better!

When i was around 4 or 5 my sister poured nail varnish all over my favourite dolls babygro, it was red and it had a little chicken over the right breast pocket, i think i had drawn on something of hers and this was her revenge, either way it was destroyed and up until quite recently i used to cry when ever she sung this song she made up about how the chicken would never be the same again because he missed the baby so much :wacko: i remember my friends finding out about this when i was about 18, it was mortifying, i dont know why i always cried i wasnt even sad about it anymore it just. jesus, now im teary eyed, im going to hope this is pregnancy hormones cause i really thought i was passed that :dohh:

When I had a packet of skittles etc I empty them all out & make a line with a pattern - eg, red, green, orange, purple, yellow, red, green, purple etc. If there are some left over I have to eat those first & then eat the pattern in order.

I hate eating with wooden forks - bleugh!

It makes me feel sick when kids draw on paper with chalk - I have goosebumps just thinking about it - one of the things I don't miss about teaching!

I so terrified of spiders I can't even watch cartoons of spiders.

I have to change my pjs every night.

I once ate the entire middle of a crusty loaf because it's was warm and doughy. Needless to say when my mum and dad discovered the empty shell of a loaf they weren't impressed.

I once decided to run away from home, packed my favourite doll and tea tray, and left a note saying how much I hated my whole family because they were so mean. I then signed it Love Anna xxx

I dont like the thought of anyone biting Ice or Ice lollys..Makes me feel cold and horrible inside :haha:

I've somehow developed (recently) the habit that most babies have with comforter. This means that every night I now have to sleep with a fleece blanket underneath the big blanket as I like it's feel on my skin, if I don't have it I struggle to sleep :blush: Haha.

Cotton wool goes through me aswell, along with people who bite their clothes *shudder!*

I eat everything individually, even Big macs. It sometimes causes a problem as I don't like eating certain meals infront of people other than OH and my family who understands this quirkyness :dohh:

When i was around 4 or 5 my sister poured nail varnish all over my favourite dolls babygro, it was red and it had a little chicken over the right breast pocket, i think i had drawn on something of hers and this was her revenge, either way it was destroyed and up until quite recently i used to cry when ever she sung this song she made up about how the chicken would never be the same again because he missed the baby so much :wacko: i remember my friends finding out about this when i was about 18, it was mortifying, i dont know why i always cried i wasnt even sad about it anymore it just. jesus, now im teary eyed, im going to hope this is pregnancy hormones cause i really thought i was passed that :dohh:

Ha ha ha - love it! Aww, how sweet to think of you tearing up over the poor chicken and the baby.

I like to eat my dinner in separate bits too, but I get a bit bored, so say if I have fish, chips and peas, I'll eat 5 bites of peas, one chip, 4 bites of peas, one chip, 3 bites of peas etc, till the peas are gone. Then it's 5 chips, one bite of fish, 4 chips, one bite of fish, 3 chips, one bite of fish, till it gets to zero, then I switch over and have 5 bites of fish to one chip. Erm, complicated, but it's the best way to eat your tea.

I like little rules like that - I have a counting system for rubbing my baby's back while he goes to sleep, and for brushing my teeth - both too complicated to explain here.

When I was little I used to love playing board games or card games on my own, but just boring games like snakes and ladders or Egyptian ratscrew, where it's all chance and no skill.

I used to play a game with the calculator where I'd press 1+2+3+4+5+6+7 and on and on and on, and get excited when it got to an 'interesting' number.

I still make weird noises and hand motions when I get excited.

I am scared of cracks in dry earth/flaking paint. It sets off a twitch.
I am scared of knives - I can use them but my heart races
I don't like mascots or people in suits where you cant see their eyes
I RUN when I see a street sweeper machine - OH finds this funny :(.

I once ate the entire middle of a crusty loaf because it's was warm and doughy. Needless to say when my mum and dad discovered the empty shell of a loaf they weren't impressed.

I once decided to run away from home, packed my favourite doll and tea tray, and left a note saying how much I hated my whole family because they were so mean. I then signed it Love Anna xxx

Those are hilarious! :haha:
My confession is that I possibly have pica, so I love the taste of....... sponges! Bathroom ones specifically. I stopped buying them as I was buying them once a week, and OH found it weird. God I'm a weirdo :rofl:

I hate my feet being touched. By anyway, I don't even touch my feet myself.

This thread is neat...ok I have a few :blush:

I hate the sound of anything overly high pitched like something scraping on glass, or squeaking on glass in particular *shudders*
I tend to look at a word backwards, forwards and make new words out of it (I'm great at boggle,lol)
And I have an irrational fear of centipedes *double shudders* even the word scares me :haha:

I dont like the thought of anyone biting Ice or Ice lollys..Makes me feel cold and horrible inside :haha:

you'd hate me! :blush: i haven't got over my ice craving and still crunch my way through a bag of it every couple of days....my sis does too. so when we're together....hahaha!! i never realised it was so loud either....:shrug:

I adore tomatoes and love home made tomato soup and tinned tomato soup but the thought of eating any other tomato based thing makes me gag, even the thought of a home made sauce for spag bol turns my stomach :blush:

I cant drink to the bottom of a cup i always have to.leave a drop :/

I hate getting in my car really late at night i keep checking the rearview mirror and have to check.the back seats soon as i get in lol

I have never eaten a burger normally i always have to split it up and eat in sections

When i eat pork chops or chicken i always leave tge fat to last then enjoy a good munch on it all lol

I cant sleep if i have socks on in bed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->