Confessions of a first tri over eater!

SazzleR

Reaction score
The only way I don't feel nauseous constantly is to eat like every 2 hours. If my stomach is slightly empty then the nausea hits like a ton of bricks.

It's not even 5.30pm here and today I have already eaten, in this order (my day started at 6am thanks to DS)
Two Weetabix
Handful of grapes & 2 flapjack bites
2 cheese straws (got a savoury pastry thing going on!)
Cheese & onion pasty (naughty lunch but it's all I could think about!)
A nectarine & 2 more flapjack bites
A whole meal pitta dipped in houmous

And I haven't even thought about dinner for DH & I yet :dohh:

I wish I could stop but I just feel worse if I don't eat. I had such good intentions when I got my BFP but when the nausea hit at 6 weeks, that went out the window! I put on an embarrassing amount of weight with DS & really wanted to not repeat that again. I didn't have any nausea with DS so wasn't expecting this! I'm going to be HUGE!

Please someone tell me that I'm not alone in needing to constantly eat?!

Hi you are not alone! With my little girl i only gained one stone and three pounds as i was on a restricted diet of No dairy egg wheat soya. It was part of the fertility programme. This time i on a different programme and can eat whatever. I am on loads of drugs and i think the steroids are giving me false hunger. I am nearly nine Week and have gained six pounds all ready. Normally a size eight so i look huge. Its going to be hard to hide. To make you feel better so far today i had two weetabix. Two slices toast. Apple. Banana. Home made lasagne. Few carrotts. Three choc biscuits two rich tea. Yogurt. There is still a long time to bed time! Oh man!

Couldn't be more with u, n to make u feel better today I have eaten:

Breakfast biscuit (as I woke up)
Cereal
Muffin n scrambled eggs
Apple pie n custard
A handful of carrot n potatoe mini waffles

N for dinner I have steak, chips n veg

The hunger is sudden n intense n only stodgy food will do. Was exactly the same first time round too :-S

Ps I'm clearly going to eat just as much as last time (I had good intentions too!) my only hope is that this time ill do a damn sight more exercise alongside it!! Lol

The only way I don't feel nauseous constantly is to eat like every 2 hours. If my stomach is slightly empty then the nausea hits like a ton of bricks.

It's not even 5.30pm here and today I have already eaten, in this order (my day started at 6am thanks to DS)
Two Weetabix
Handful of grapes & 2 flapjack bites
2 cheese straws (got a savoury pastry thing going on!)
Cheese & onion pasty (naughty lunch but it's all I could think about!)
A nectarine & 2 more flapjack bites
A whole meal pitta dipped in houmous

And I haven't even thought about dinner for DH & I yet :dohh:

I wish I could stop but I just feel worse if I don't eat. I had such good intentions when I got my BFP but when the nausea hit at 6 weeks, that went out the window! I put on an embarrassing amount of weight with DS & really wanted to not repeat that again. I didn't have any nausea with DS so wasn't expecting this! I'm going to be HUGE!

Please someone tell me that I'm not alone in needing to constantly eat?!

Is that alot?? Sounds like a typical day to me! :haha:

I gained so much weight with my first :( and can feel myself putting more on already :/

I have only survived by eating constantly! I have gained 16-18lbs since my bfp at 3+5. It has slowed this week though- I'm feeling better so more active and not quite as hungry/not having an empty tummy as often. I'm tterrified of gaining too much but my doc said drink water, eat healthy, and exercise- what I gain is what I gain and I can't control it. Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Thanks ladies. It does help to know I'm not alone :)

gumb69 - I daren't even get on the scales!!! I'm quite a bit bigger than you to start with but I know I've already started to put on weight :dohh:

CKJ - I love those carrot & potato waffles! DS just had them with his dinner & I was gutted that he didn't leave any :blush: I am also trying to keep exercising this time but I've only managed one gym session this week with feeling so :sick: Petrified of throwing up in the middle if the gym!

:rofl: Sun! I don't usually snack between meals, aside from fruit. I just have 3 decent meals. So it seems like loads to me!

Hannah - I feel exactly the same :(

brenn09 - I bet I won't be far behind you with weight gain when I get to 10 weeks. It's good to know that it does get better. This nausea thing is new to me so I feel like I'm going to feel like this forever :(

If it helps, the nausea may well turn into vomiting and then you'll be happy you had eaten early on. I had terrible nausea from 6 weeks but no vomiting, at ten weeks the vomiting started. And now, at 11w2d, I have been awake for 2 hours and already vomited 3 times. There is literally nothing I can eat other than bread tht does not come back up. Even my prenatal.

I am the type that gains weight just LOOKiNG at food, but some how have not put on a single pound so far so I am kind of surprised.

brenn09 - I bet I won't be far behind you with weight gain when I get to 10 weeks. It's good to know that it does get better. This nausea thing is new to me so I feel like I'm going to feel like this forever :(

You're right when it was the worst for me and when the books say it is the worst- in your 8th week. I was home sick most of that week, but just over two weeks later I am getting back to normal. It really really does get better- and probably sooner rather than later!!! I cried because I was so sick but I made it!

I was gaining four lbs/week until this week and it was only two lbs this time. I'm hoping it will be zero for a good long time. My friend gained 20 in first tri and 6 in the second and third- 7lb healthy baby boy! We can do this!!!

mah0113 - Sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly :( Hope you get back to normal soon. Maybe my body is making me get my fat reserves up for when the vomiting kicks in :shrug:

brenn - I hope I'm like your friend & gain next to nothing after this phase is over. I'm worried my appetite will have increased from what feels like, constant eating so I won't be able to stop :dohh:

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Every pregnancy is different.

brenn09 - I also gain most of my weight in 1st tri! It was a little freaky when I was on my first pregnancy and I was worried a little about gaining a huge amount, but now I know my body just does things that way lol. I really wouldn't worry excessively about weight gain unless it's way over the top though - most people that I know have been able to lose the weight even at a 50+lbs gain.

nolansmom - I don't know that posting just to brag about being a size 2 and only gaining 23lbs is really helping things either lol. I would much rather eat and not feel nauseous than not eat (because I'm worried about the weight) and be sick and puking. That's just me though!

Not alone and in in 2nd tri now but today (5am start due to lb wanting up)

300g greekstyle yoghurt with honey
2 apples
Pasta with ham and mushroom
Crisps and 3 biccies
A ham cheese and pickle club sammich

And we're only at 3pm

nolansmom - I don't know that posting just to brag about being a size 2 and only gaining 23lbs is really helping things either lol. I would much rather eat and not feel nauseous than not eat (because I'm worried about the weight) and be sick and puking. That's just me though!

Same here. I get terrible heartburn and nausea that only really eases when I eat, plus I get hungry very often! I am likely to gain more weight than I want to but so what? I am not going to suffer with the physical symptoms and ignore my hunger just to look good, when I can lose weight afterwards.

Hoping the physical symptoms ease in the second tri, though.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Every pregnancy is different.

Perfect? I'm not sure where perfect comes in to any of it.. The OP herself is calling it "overeating" which has a negative connotation.. How is that any different than saying "I can't stop smoking".. Overeating has been proven to be as harmful as smoking - so if the OP feels it's overeating then it is.. In which case seeking out other people with the same problem as a way to comfort isn't helpful.. Instead maybe seeking out those who take care of themselves might prove more helpful - since OP identified it as an issue for herself.. I didn't say it was overeating --- SHE DID...

If you happen to consider a 2-4 perfect that's your problem.. if my usual size was a 14/16 and I wanted to stay that size I would have said that too.. It seems you have some issues with those who manage to keep their waist size small.. That's your problem not mine.

I'm commenting on the fact that OP expressed her desire to keep the weight OFF and not struggle the way she did previous pregnancy as that seems to be the moral of her post --- not "don't worry about it I overeat too"..

brenn09 - I also gain most of my weight in 1st tri! It was a little freaky when I was on my first pregnancy and I was worried a little about gaining a huge amount, but now I know my body just does things that way lol. I really wouldn't worry excessively about weight gain unless it's way over the top though - most people that I know have been able to lose the weight even at a 50+lbs gain.

Again - I'm not sure what your ideal weight gain is but anything more than 30lbs is unnecessary.. This of course isn't my opinion - it's Dr's guidelines..

I never said OP shouldn't eat -- she did.. If it helps get rid of sick feeling eat away.. OP seems to be posting about how she doesnt want to gain weight but has to eat in order not to feel sick.. Well - maybe she can eat celery or something.. I don't think talking about gaining 23lbs is "bragging" at all.. It's factual - is it bragging when people talk about their huge pregnancy boobs in posts - because I am small chested? Seriously that's absurd..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->