Confessions of a first tri over eater!

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Every pregnancy is different.

Perfect? I'm not sure where perfect comes in to any of it.. The OP herself is calling it "overeating" which has a negative connotation.. How is that any different than saying "I can't stop smoking".. Overeating has been proven to be as harmful as smoking - so if the OP feels it's overeating then it is.. In which case seeking out other people with the same problem as a way to comfort isn't helpful.. Instead maybe seeking out those who take care of themselves might prove more helpful - since OP identified it as an issue for herself.. I didn't say it was overeating --- SHE DID...

If you happen to consider a 2-4 perfect that's your problem.. if my usual size was a 14/16 and I wanted to stay that size I would have said that too.. It seems you have some issues with those who manage to keep their waist size small.. That's your problem not mine.

I'm commenting on the fact that OP expressed her desire to keep the weight OFF and not struggle the way she did previous pregnancy as that seems to be the moral of her post --- not "don't worry about it I overeat too"..

Sorry, but can you please provide a source, a RELIABLE source, which can effectively prove that overeating is JUST AS BAD as smoking? :wacko:

OP isn't talking about overreating by thousands and thousands of calories. This is not a 10,000 calorie diet a day, which could be problematic.

Your attitude came off as 'I'm so perfect'.

And, lol, darling. I have NO issues with people who are slim. I am not 'jealous'. I actually have a very small waist myself, thanks ;)

:coffee:

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Perfect? I'm not sure where perfect comes in to any of it.. The OP herself is calling it "overeating" which has a negative connotation.. How is that any different than saying "I can't stop smoking".. Overeating has been proven to be as harmful as smoking - so if the OP feels it's overeating then it is.. In which case seeking out other people with the same problem as a way to comfort isn't helpful.. Instead maybe seeking out those who take care of themselves might prove more helpful - since OP identified it as an issue for herself.. I didn't say it was overeating --- SHE DID...

If you happen to consider a 2-4 perfect that's your problem.. if my usual size was a 14/16 and I wanted to stay that size I would have said that too.. It seems you have some issues with those who manage to keep their waist size small.. That's your problem not mine.

I'm commenting on the fact that OP expressed her desire to keep the weight OFF and not struggle the way she did previous pregnancy as that seems to be the moral of her post --- not "don't worry about it I overeat too"..

Sorry, but can you please provide a source, a RELIABLE source, which can effectively prove that overeating is JUST AS BAD as smoking? :wacko:

OP isn't talking about overreating by thousands and thousands of calories. This is not a 10,000 calorie diet a day, which could be problematic.

And, lol, darling. I have NO issues with people who are slim. I am not 'jealous'. I actually have a very small waist myself, thanks ;)

it;s been posted and debated on this forum many times...here is a link from last year.... I havent gone through it.. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1265501-rant-obesity-bad-smoking.html

I don't happen to care what size someone started out pre pregnancy - OP expressed not wanting to gain as she did before and regardless we are all women who are "people" and once baby is here it isn't a nice feeling to have jumped 6 sizes and struggling with weight can be depressing .. If I ended up a size 10 I would be depressed - if someone else ended up a size 18 they would be depressed.. I get cravings too but I'm not about to start altering drastically just yet as I figure I have a 20lbs weight gain between 7-9 months.. Maybe OP can review with her Dr to see if there is a way to manage weight gain each month until further along..

Here is another - reliable is subjective - as is any study

https://www.gponline.com/News/article/1019987/Obesity-pregnancy-as-bad-smoking/

Wow!

Eating the same amount as OP in a day is as bad as smoking? Everyone stay away from grapes and cheese straws with those harmful chemicals and toxic fumes :dohh:

What a joke

Wow!

Eating the same amount as OP in a day is as bad as smoking? Everyone stay away from grapes and cheese straws with those harmful chemicals and toxic fumes :dohh:

What a joke

I find you taking out of context what OP said a JOKE.. :) OP describes her eating as "overeating" -- so rather than argue with me argue with OP about what you think overeating is.. :)

The only way to keep the nausea away is to eat. I was a really good eater before this pregnancy I kid you not, and some days my body just wants things I would never eat. It's your body telling you that your lacking in something. I was a heavy Vitamix Juicer and I ate very little meat. Now that I'm expecting all I want is protein lots of protein. I think because my body needs it.

Being Pregnant is a blessing and I say enjoy it:thumbup: You can loose the weight after you deliver. That's just the way I have always been. This is our 9th baby and 11th pregnancy and I am 5''7 with a weight of 153. I have enjoyed every pregnancy and I love the fact that I can eat a little more with out the guilt.

Hugs:hugs:

Well, wow, am I glad I had an early night last night. (Due to first tri exhaustion & having a toddler to run around after btw, not because I'm a stereotypical fat, lazy person!) My intention was for this thread to be light hearted, not to turn into a heated debate. A place for others who feel they are eating more than they should to get it off their chest. Not to look for others to support me & tell me it's ok to eat more than you 'should'.

Yes, you're right, it will be me who will have to deal with my weight gain. But it's also me who has to deal with the constant nausea whilst trying to be a working mother. And FYI, in my job, it isn't easy to get on as normal with nausea as I'm a teacher. Trying to engage students & control behaviour whilst feeling nauseous just doesn't happen. I need to be functioning at my best possible level & to me, that means not been plagued with constant nausea. Luckily, I have found that the way to keep my nausea under control is to eat small amounts, frequently. So that's what I will do.

Oh, and I'm not obese. I started this pregnancy at a healthy weight & plan to put on a healthy amount of weight during the pregnancy. I will also continue to exercise, as I said, on top of physical activities with DS. I have never smoked, don't take drugs, don't take caffeine (not even in chocolate at the minute as I'm averse to chocolate at the minute) and haven't drank since before the TWW. Just to cover all bases.

Wow!

What a joke

I find you taking out of context what OP said a JOKE.. :) OP describes her eating as "overeating" -- so rather than argue with me argue with OP about what you think overeating is.. :)

:haha:

Well that got ridiculous fast! :haha:

Yesterday, I ate much less than usual these last few weeks- and I think it was because I wasn't feeling nauseous and didn't take the anti-emetic meds!! I ate a normal, healthy meal for dinner! And I was full- not like these last few weeks where a normal portion didn't even dent my hunger! I definitely see a light at the end of the tunnel!! Also, for the first time since my bfp, I drank 80oz of water over the whole day! I seriously feel like a new woman.

I would also like to point out that even though I have gained 16-18 lbs, I'm still a healthy weight! I am slight and close to underweight normally! There was an assumption that us first tri weight gainers were all overweight to begin with, and actually none of us seem to be! So much judgment, not enough support!

I'm so happy to have found this thread- I feel better knowing I'm not the only one! And I'm reminded that it isn't just that I have the willpower of a toad :haha:

Very well put, brenn :) :thumbup:

I definitely didn't drink enough water yesterday. I could tell because I wasn't desperate for the loo when I woke up this morning. I've started filling a 2 litre bottle every morning when I go to work & taking all my water from that so I know I've had enough. But with it being the weekend, I didn't do that yesterday & as a result, I didn't have enough water. Maybe that would have curbed my hunger slightly! :haha:

I have the same issue, I need to eat frequently to feel okay. I've gained about 10 pounds in my first trimester. I'm not sweating it. Once I feel more normal, I will start a healthy meal plan and count calories. Right now, if doritos are the only thing I can eat, I'm going to eat them!!!!

I couldn't even begin to list everything I might have eaten in one day:blush:, too ashamed ! LOL

I'm the same. I'm a UK size 10, very healthy generally, eat really well. I eat fine until week 5-6 then the nausea hit me like a ton of bricks. Found that I felt so much worse when I was hungry, so now I eat before I'm hungry which means I'm actually eating more so that I void the gap! Nausea is just horrid and I haven't a choice but to eat a little more. This may mean just four rich yes more a day or it may mean some days I eat two extra potato waffles or something. I tend to want meat at the moment and I'm not a big meat eater!! I do have a few more desserts these days but again we are talking maybe three a week.... I get sweet cravings but I do limit myself... Else is be tucking into chocplate eclairs EVERY day...

So long as your sensible I don't think there is any need for any of us to worry. I'm 9.5 weeks and I've put on some weight not loads about 6 pounds. But before I sometimes missed meals due to my work schedule now I eat all my meals. I'm not fussed my husband would prefer me to eat and be healthy throughout our pregnancy than skip meals to try and slim. We don't have a choice on weight gain and I'm happy to get back to the gym after our child is here in our arms.

I had an mc so been told not to go gym for first three months but after this I'll be taking up prenatal swimming to try and stay fit during pregnancy.

Xxx

Awww you are so not alone!! Im getting to the point that im concerned how much weight I will end up gaining...I had already put on weight before getting pregnant as it is!! xx

It's weird how eating helps, isn't it! You'd think nausea would make you NOT want to eat! I think I'm also struggling because I can't manage large meals anymore because I get full so easy. So I do feel like I'm constantly grazing which is a whole new thing to me!

Sorry about your loss, princessvix :hugs: You being very sensible in avoiding the gym :thumbup:

Nolansmum-sheesh you have never experienced pregnancy hunger then. And as such perhaps shouldn't judge those who have.

it;s been posted and debated on this forum many times...here is a link from last year.... I havent gone through it.. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1265501-rant-obesity-bad-smoking.html

I don't happen to care what size someone started out pre pregnancy - OP expressed not wanting to gain as she did before and regardless we are all women who are "people" and once baby is here it isn't a nice feeling to have jumped 6 sizes and struggling with weight can be depressing .. If I ended up a size 10 I would be depressed - if someone else ended up a size 18 they would be depressed.. I get cravings too but I'm not about to start altering drastically just yet as I figure I have a 20lbs weight gain between 7-9 months.. Maybe OP can review with her Dr to see if there is a way to manage weight gain each month until further along..

So, what you're really trying to say is that obesity is 'as bad' as smoking? But I thought we were talking about overeating? Where does it say that OP is obese? I'm pretty sure that when they talk about obesity being harmful for the baby, they're talking about morbid obesity, not being overweight.

Even still, obesity AS BAD as smoking? Don't make me laugh. Fair enough, obese mothers are more likely to have high birth weight babies, babies who struggle a little respiratorily and gestational diabetes, but babies born to mothers who smoke are at MUCH more risk than the aforementioned.

Here is another - reliable is subjective - as is any study

https://www.gponline.com/News/article/1019987/Obesity-pregnancy-as-bad-smoking/

You should read your links before you post them. This link is talking about healthcare professionals being confident enough to warn mothers about the risks of obesity, just as they are confident enough to warn mothers about the risk of smoking, as well as mothers knowing the risks of obesity just as they know the risks of smoking. Mothers are constantly warned and told not to smoke while pregnant (and so they should be), however obesity is a more sensitive issue. The link does not say that obesity is as bad as smoking.

Reliability is not very subjective at all, actually. Studies are subject to vigorous peer reviewing and must be done with a proper methodology and thesis, and results must be presented without bias. There are several ways to indicate the reliability and validity of a study. That's very important. When people take studies at face value, that's when we get situations where people don't vaccinate their children because they think a study tells them it will cause autism.

Anyway, like OP said, this was a light hearted thread where plenty of other women can relate. For some people, eating is the only way to stave off the nausea, and what OP ate doesn't look bad. She's allowed to have a little moan about her fears of gaining weight, you are not the police and if you don't like it, you know where the metephorical door is :coffee:

I had an mc so been told not to go gym for first three months but after this I'll be taking up prenatal swimming to try and stay fit during pregnancy.

Sorry for your loss *hugs*

I'm hoping to take up antenatal swimming too once I feel better :) I love swimming, it's so relaxing.

I just lost almost 20kg last year so ill cry if i put too much on.

That being said ive eaten chocolate biccies the last two nights :/

Im going to have to be really really careful.

Last time i was like "yay im pregnant, i can get really fat" haha

Oh and i thought size 10 was healthy, thats what i am and im in a healthy weight range for my height. My bad :dohh:

Well you can tell some people have never experienced the all day nausea and sickness :neutral:

With my first pregnancy it was such a breeze. I had no sickness or cravings at all, hardly gained any weight either.

Next pregnancy I suffered with constant nausea right up until I gave birth and the only thing that helped was to keep eating, I tried to be good and pick healthy options but sometimes it was just whatever I could eat the quickest to get rid of the sick feeling lol I gained 3 stone in the end oops haha

Now with this one, I feel sick all day. Food repulses me and makes me feel more sick :dohh: so trying to eat little and often. Just praying it gets easier at 12 weeks!!

Its so awful I feel sorry for everyone going through the same thing, and its nice to know there are so many of us all in the same boat :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->