Confessions of a first tri over eater!

Oh wow how ridiculous this thread got over something that while may not affect some and count yourselves lucky but there is obviously a common support need here with others!

OP I wholeheartedly agree, I've had 4 weeks of constant nausea and vomiting and it finally eased last week but I'm the same as you, I literally have to eat as soon as my stomach empties as I have a feeling of hunger and if I don't eat within 5 minutes it turns to nauseousness so if eating little and often is what keeps me functioning then so be it, its not going to last forever and I am just enjoying actually feeling well enough to enjoy my pregnancy!

Talking of which think I'll go have a sandwich :D

Well you can tell some people have never experienced the all day nausea and sickness :neutral:

With my first pregnancy it was such a breeze. I had no sickness or cravings at all, hardly gained any weight either.

Next pregnancy I suffered with constant nausea right up until I gave birth and the only thing that helped was to keep eating, I tried to be good and pick healthy options but sometimes it was just whatever I could eat the quickest to get rid of the sick feeling lol I gained 3 stone in the end oops haha

Now with this one, I feel sick all day. Food repulses me and makes me feel more sick :dohh: so trying to eat little and often. Just praying it gets easier at 12 weeks!!

Its so awful I feel sorry for everyone going through the same thing, and its nice to know there are so many of us all in the same boat :flower:

wow, this post just goes to show how different pregnancies can be :)

I had a rough ride with #1 so hoping this time round is better!

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Every pregnancy is different.

Perfect? I'm not sure where perfect comes in to any of it.. The OP herself is calling it "overeating" which has a negative connotation.. How is that any different than saying "I can't stop smoking".. Overeating has been proven to be as harmful as smoking - so if the OP feels it's overeating then it is.. In which case seeking out other people with the same problem as a way to comfort isn't helpful.. Instead maybe seeking out those who take care of themselves might prove more helpful - since OP identified it as an issue for herself.. I didn't say it was overeating --- SHE DID...

If you happen to consider a 2-4 perfect that's your problem.. if my usual size was a 14/16 and I wanted to stay that size I would have said that too.. It seems you have some issues with those who manage to keep their waist size small.. That's your problem not mine.

I'm commenting on the fact that OP expressed her desire to keep the weight OFF and not struggle the way she did previous pregnancy as that seems to be the moral of her post --- not "don't worry about it I overeat too"..

Sorry, but can you please provide a source, a RELIABLE source, which can effectively prove that overeating is JUST AS BAD as smoking? :wacko:

OP isn't talking about overreating by thousands and thousands of calories. This is not a 10,000 calorie diet a day, which could be problematic.

Your attitude came off as 'I'm so perfect'.

And, lol, darling. I have NO issues with people who are slim. I am not 'jealous'. I actually have a very small waist myself, thanks ;)

:coffee:

it;s been posted and debated on this forum many times...here is a link from last year.... I havent gone through it.. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1265501-rant-obesity-bad-smoking.html

I don't happen to care what size someone started out pre pregnancy - OP expressed not wanting to gain as she did before and regardless we are all women who are "people" and once baby is here it isn't a nice feeling to have jumped 6 sizes and struggling with weight can be depressing .. If I ended up a size 10 I would be depressed - if someone else ended up a size 18 they would be depressed.. I get cravings too but I'm not about to start altering drastically just yet as I figure I have a 20lbs weight gain between 7-9 months.. Maybe OP can review with her Dr to see if there is a way to manage weight gain each month until further along..

So, what you're really trying to say is that obesity is 'as bad' as smoking? But I thought we were talking about overeating? Where does it say that OP is obese? I'm pretty sure that when they talk about obesity being harmful for the baby, they're talking about morbid obesity, not being overweight.

Even still, obesity AS BAD as smoking? Don't make me laugh. Fair enough, obese mothers are more likely to have high birth weight babies, babies who struggle a little respiratorily and gestational diabetes, but babies born to mothers who smoke are at MUCH more risk than the aforementioned.

Here is another - reliable is subjective - as is any study

https://www.gponline.com/News/article/1019987/Obesity-pregnancy-as-bad-smoking/

You should read your links before you post them. This link is talking about healthcare professionals being confident enough to warn mothers about the risks of obesity, just as they are confident enough to warn mothers about the risk of smoking, as well as mothers knowing the risks of obesity just as they know the risks of smoking. Mothers are constantly warned and told not to smoke while pregnant (and so they should be), however obesity is a more sensitive issue. The link does not say that obesity is as bad as smoking.

Reliability is not very subjective at all, actually. Studies are subject to vigorous peer reviewing and must be done with a proper methodology and thesis, and results must be presented without bias. There are several ways to indicate the reliability and validity of a study. That's very important. When people take studies at face value, that's when we get situations where people don't vaccinate their children because they think a study tells them it will cause autism.

Anyway, like OP said, this was a light hearted thread where plenty of other women can relate. For some people, eating is the only way to stave off the nausea, and what OP ate doesn't look bad. She's allowed to have a little moan about her fears of gaining weight, you are not the police and if you don't like it, you know where the metephorical door is :coffee:

I have absolutely NO idea what or why you are going on and on.. Of course the OP can eat whatever she wants.. She can eat 6 cakes and 19 pies for all I care.. SHE expressed concern over what she previously went through and SHE expressed concern over what she is currently eating.. How the heck do you know what looks good or bad? Do you know what she usually eats in a day? NO - so who are you to dissect her post in order to make up whatever you want..

When someone says "i'm overeating" and "I don't want to end up like last time" I take that seriously - and try to offer suggestions to HELP - not comfort with "that doesn't seem like a lot of food to me".. If you think everyone here is just "moaning" and not looking for actual help that's your issue - add that to the list including your clear issue with those under a size 10.. Stop acting like I told Op she is either obese or eating too much - I've said nothing of the sort.. Try to understand this concept but MAYBE some people here aren't just moaning and groaning, maybe they are looking for a little direction when struggling with something that bothers them..

As for some people eating in order to prevent nausea - I get that.. Some people Don't eat in order to prevent same.. Who said there is anything wrong with that? But surely any person who has struggled with a weight issue - too much or too little would have to be aware of this problem and act accordingly.. Someone underweight may have to take a supplement and someone overweight may have to take a nausea control pill.. Or maybe, just maybe OP would continue to eat whatever she wants whenever she wants - that's fine too.. I'm not sure why you're so bothered but I suspect it's at the thought that obesity is same as smoking -- there is a list of issues caused by obesity (and continued overeating while pregnant) and those won't go away no matter how much you wish them to.. There is NOTHING wrong with OP being concerned about weight while pregnant and afterward - it's a valid concern..

Please stop messaging me here - as you said OP had a light hearted thread and continued reply from either of us is disrespectful.. I wish you a H&H pregnancy.

I had an mc so been told not to go gym for first three months but after this I'll be taking up prenatal swimming to try and stay fit during pregnancy.

Sorry for your loss *hugs*

I'm hoping to take up antenatal swimming too once I feel better :) I love swimming, it's so relaxing.

I should of mentioned I need to purchase a swimsuit as I only own bikini's and although I'm happy being pregnant the thought of baring all to the world isn't something that interests me. hahaha :dohh: xxx

Well you're in control of your own eating.. So either eat a bunch and be happy with it or stop eating.. It's only you who is going to have to deal with the excessive weight gain and getting rid of it after lo ..

Sorry to sound snappy but I gained only 23lbs with my DS and didn't have an issue getting rid of anything. I wouldn't dream of over eating at this point because I'd like to go back to my size 2-4 afterward.. So if it's fine with you - eat and enjoy.. But looking for other overeaters seems a bit unhelpful.. and just like you're trying to find others with the same issue.

Well, lucky you for being so perfect and not having an overeating issue. This isn't my thread but my morning sickness is as such that only eating makes me feel better. Every pregnancy is different, with different cravings and to different people (who may, or may not, already have an eating issue - which I did, by the way).

If you're not an overeater, why did you comment on this thread? So what if OP wants to find support from other people with the same issue, who are you to belittle her for it?

Every pregnancy is different.

Perfect? I'm not sure where perfect comes in to any of it.. The OP herself is calling it "overeating" which has a negative connotation.. How is that any different than saying "I can't stop smoking".. Overeating has been proven to be as harmful as smoking - so if the OP feels it's overeating then it is.. In which case seeking out other people with the same problem as a way to comfort isn't helpful.. Instead maybe seeking out those who take care of themselves might prove more helpful - since OP identified it as an issue for herself.. I didn't say it was overeating --- SHE DID...

If you happen to consider a 2-4 perfect that's your problem.. if my usual size was a 14/16 and I wanted to stay that size I would have said that too.. It seems you have some issues with those who manage to keep their waist size small.. That's your problem not mine.

I'm commenting on the fact that OP expressed her desire to keep the weight OFF and not struggle the way she did previous pregnancy as that seems to be the moral of her post --- not "don't worry about it I overeat too"..

Sorry, but can you please provide a source, a RELIABLE source, which can effectively prove that overeating is JUST AS BAD as smoking? :wacko:

OP isn't talking about overreating by thousands and thousands of calories. This is not a 10,000 calorie diet a day, which could be problematic.

Your attitude came off as 'I'm so perfect'.

And, lol, darling. I have NO issues with people who are slim. I am not 'jealous'. I actually have a very small waist myself, thanks ;)

:coffee:

it;s been posted and debated on this forum many times...here is a link from last year.... I havent gone through it.. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/1265501-rant-obesity-bad-smoking.html

I don't happen to care what size someone started out pre pregnancy - OP expressed not wanting to gain as she did before and regardless we are all women who are "people" and once baby is here it isn't a nice feeling to have jumped 6 sizes and struggling with weight can be depressing .. If I ended up a size 10 I would be depressed - if someone else ended up a size 18 they would be depressed.. I get cravings too but I'm not about to start altering drastically just yet as I figure I have a 20lbs weight gain between 7-9 months.. Maybe OP can review with her Dr to see if there is a way to manage weight gain each month until further along..

So, what you're really trying to say is that obesity is 'as bad' as smoking? But I thought we were talking about overeating? Where does it say that OP is obese? I'm pretty sure that when they talk about obesity being harmful for the baby, they're talking about morbid obesity, not being overweight.

Even still, obesity AS BAD as smoking? Don't make me laugh. Fair enough, obese mothers are more likely to have high birth weight babies, babies who struggle a little respiratorily and gestational diabetes, but babies born to mothers who smoke are at MUCH more risk than the aforementioned.

Here is another - reliable is subjective - as is any study

https://www.gponline.com/News/article/1019987/Obesity-pregnancy-as-bad-smoking/

You should read your links before you post them. This link is talking about healthcare professionals being confident enough to warn mothers about the risks of obesity, just as they are confident enough to warn mothers about the risk of smoking, as well as mothers knowing the risks of obesity just as they know the risks of smoking. Mothers are constantly warned and told not to smoke while pregnant (and so they should be), however obesity is a more sensitive issue. The link does not say that obesity is as bad as smoking.

Reliability is not very subjective at all, actually. Studies are subject to vigorous peer reviewing and must be done with a proper methodology and thesis, and results must be presented without bias. There are several ways to indicate the reliability and validity of a study. That's very important. When people take studies at face value, that's when we get situations where people don't vaccinate their children because they think a study tells them it will cause autism.

Anyway, like OP said, this was a light hearted thread where plenty of other women can relate. For some people, eating is the only way to stave off the nausea, and what OP ate doesn't look bad. She's allowed to have a little moan about her fears of gaining weight, you are not the police and if you don't like it, you know where the metephorical door is :coffee:

I have absolutely NO idea what or why you are going on and on.. Of course the OP can eat whatever she wants.. She can eat 6 cakes and 19 pies for all I care.. SHE expressed concern over what she previously went through and SHE expressed concern over what she is currently eating.. How the heck do you know what looks good or bad? Do you know what she usually eats in a day? NO - so who are you to dissect her post in order to make up whatever you want..

When someone says "i'm overeating" and "I don't want to end up like last time" I take that seriously - and try to offer suggestions to HELP - not comfort with "that doesn't seem like a lot of food to me".. If you think everyone here is just "moaning" and not looking for actual help that's your issue - add that to the list including your clear issue with those under a size 10.. Stop acting like I told Op she is either obese or eating too much - I've said nothing of the sort.. Try to understand this concept but MAYBE some people here aren't just moaning and groaning, maybe they are looking for a little direction when struggling with something that bothers them..

As for some people eating in order to prevent nausea - I get that.. Some people Don't eat in order to prevent same.. Who said there is anything wrong with that? But surely any person who has struggled with a weight issue - too much or too little would have to be aware of this problem and act accordingly.. Someone underweight may have to take a supplement and someone overweight may have to take a nausea control pill.. Or maybe, just maybe OP would continue to eat whatever she wants whenever she wants - that's fine too.. I'm not sure why you're so bothered but I suspect it's at the thought that obesity is same as smoking -- there is a list of issues caused by obesity (and continued overeating while pregnant) and those won't go away no matter how much you wish them to.. There is NOTHING wrong with OP being concerned about weight while pregnant and afterward - it's a valid concern..

Please stop messaging me here - as you said OP had a light hearted thread and continued reply from either of us is disrespectful.. I wish you a H&H pregnancy.

lol, OP mentioned what she ate, so I have no idea what YOU'RE talking about.

What is this idea that you have that I have a problem with someone being under a size 10? :wacko: that sounds more like your insecurity than anything I've implied.

You're taking this whole 'issue' way too seriously, and you're making yourself look ridiculous.

Yes, you can stop messaging me now and thanks :thumbup:

I'm eating loads!! 5+6 today I've eaten ....

Scrambled egg on bagel
Humous salad sandwich
Crisps
Toasted tea cake
Dinner - salmon, brocolli, huge potatoe
Cake

With no gym as too scared to over do it - I'm going to be huge!!!!

Scrambled egg on bagel
Humous salad sandwich
Crisps
Toasted tea cake
Cake

Scrambled egg on bagel
Humous salad sandwich
Crisps
Toasted tea cake
Cake

Sounds nice and healthy to me :thumbup: Well balanced diet! I'm not doing any exercise in the first three months. Well apart from light walking. xxx

Scrambled egg on bagel
Humous salad sandwich
Crisps
Toasted tea cake
Cake

That sounds pretty good! I've already had:

1 bowl of granola
1 apple
1 pumpkin scone
1 chocolate zucchini muffin

And it's only 10:15 am :haha: Now what to do about lunch....

I dont know if i would say im overeating, but im definitely eating more than what i was before i got pregnant...back in january i started counting calories, and controlling my portion size, and started walking every day, ended up losing about 70 pounds..when i saw the two pink lines on my test at 15dpo, my first thought was "GREAT! everyone is going to think im just gaining back the weight again...but that can help me hide it until we are ready to tell, right?" :haha:
So ive been eating for the most part, my normal diet, (apx 6:30am) a yogurt for breakfast (greek, not the lowfat/nofat version..those taste horrible to me), and then a granola or fiber bar mid morning around 10 ish, lunch (which consists of a delicious frozen meal, usually some sort of chicken with veggies, i miss our full service cafeteria with salad bar :cry:) and then when i get home, we have a sensible dinner...lately ive found that im getting hungry between the yogurt and the granola bar, so i try to bring apples or bananas, today i ran down and got a cup of peaches from the cooler...I was worried for a while that i wasnt eating *enough* calories, and sometimes i have to make myself eat even if im not feeling hungry..but yeah..when im adding in an extra snack or two..it makes me feel like "omg, im eating everyyyythinnnngggg", though my scale says ive gained 3 pounds (which my husband swears is all in the boobs) and im still walking at least a half hour each day....so i feel where you are coming from, definitely! :flower:

I lost weight for my wedding (may) only by healthy eating and gym now I'm thinking - what a waste ha ha!
Wouldn't change it though!
No gym for me, just walks too until after scan x

I've only had toast, beans (of which I could only stomach a few mouthfuls :() and a yogurt today. I'm hungry but I don't wanna get up :( I want weetabix with cold milk and white sugar! Been craving it for days :haha:

Funny how many ladies like weetabix on here! Does no one else find it tastes like cardboard shavings?? :haha:
But if you're craving weetabix, it's a pretty healthy choice!

Funny how many ladies like weetabix on here! Does no one else find it tastes like cardboard shavings?? :haha:

im guessing that this is like shredded wheat, the unfrosted kind..am i close? :haha:

This post really jumped out at me. I have been really concerned from the get go about my weight as I am already overweight to begin with. Last week, my stomach was growling every 2 hours and this week, I am trying to keep something in my stomach to keep the nausea at bay. I have gained 4 lbs already and I'm not sure if I really have been eating that much more to gain 4 whole pounds! You think it could be some water weight?:blush:

im guessing that this is like shredded wheat, the unfrosted kind..am i close? :haha:

No, they're different to Shredded Wheat. Difficult to describe! They must just be a UK thing :shrug:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix

I'm now sat eating some as my supper! :dohh: But with stevia instead of sugar :)

This post really jumped out at me. I have been really concerned from the get go about my weight as I am already overweight to begin with. Last week, my stomach was growling every 2 hours and this week, I am trying to keep something in my stomach to keep the nausea at bay. I have gained 4 lbs already and I'm not sure if I really have been eating that much more to gain 4 whole pounds! You think it could be some water weight?:blush:

I'm a two hour eater too :blush:

I've also gained 4lb so far. But I'm pretty sure some of that is a) my boobs & b) the bloat/constipation. Oh the joys!

I've gained 4lbs too! :dohh: I'm trying to lose it not gain!

Sazzle, I'm in the same boat! I run into some other pregnant ladies that say it's normal, other pregnant ladies that shrug, other pregnant ladies who say that hasn't happened to them, etc. I think it depends on the woman. With me, I need to eat every 2 to 3 hours or I literally start to feel dizzy and nauseas. I also need to drink LOTS of water. Maybe this is just an early pregnancy symptom that eases up over time? I've noticed I've been craving things like miso soup and udon soup, which have lots of iodine in them, and my doctor said it's likely the things I'm craving are nutrients I'm deficient in. So I say listen to your cravings, eat what you feel you need to, and make sure you're taking well rounded, high quality supplements. Try to make the foods that you DO eat every 2 to 3 hours very nutritious and water-rich, like I eat lots of citrus and that is water rich and has vitamins :)

No, they're different to Shredded Wheat. Difficult to describe! They must just be a UK thing :shrug:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix

I'm now sat eating some as my supper! :dohh: But with stevia instead of sugar :)

Those look delicious and now im totally wanting to try them...apparently they do sell them in the us, by way of a canadian manufacturing plant location...hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->