Cots?

Becyboo__x

Reaction score
What cot have you got or getting?

i havent still got one as i was going to wait till hes born and he would need one cause he will be sleeping in a moses basket till he can go into a cot.. but now im thinking i should buy one.. but i dont know which one to get and tbh i want something decent obviously lol but not really expensive! iv seen on some websites that the mattress costs loads! cheapest cot iv found is on ikea theres one thats £39 but i dont like that tbh and it isnt in white .. the next one is like £65 and that ones alright.. but then i looked on mamas and papas and there one for £100 but then the cheapest mattress is like £32 .. oh and i looked on mothercare and theres one for £99.99 and the cheapest mattress is about the same price as mamas and papas .. :shrug: is this how much most cots cost lol its just im not loaded and i know theres alot of people out there that wont be spending a fortune on a cot

Any advice??

x

i bought the East Coast Anna cot in Antique for about 100 pounds from Kiddicare with the foam mattress which was 34 pounds...
that didn't break the bank and i was working on a budget.
it looks wonderful too xx

we got really lucky with our cot, it was brand new and given to us, then the mattress we got from kiddicare, £20 (should have been £80) just because it didnt have a box (if it DID have a box, it wouldnt have fitted in the car!!!)
the cheapest one from ikea would do the job, its nice and simple - you could always paint it white if you wanted :)
i think kiddicare do some deals where you can buy the cot and the mattress so it might be worth looking on there :)

we have these

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/70116002 £79

mattresses are about £40 at Ikea

They are fab as you can drop them down and take off one side as bubs gets bigger so even more value for money xxxx

i dunno if u wud consider this but this is what we did - got second hand one from a nursery - brand new took our pic out of loads - so cot we picked a brand new looking white one, and a mamas & papas high chair second hand but sooo looked after for £25! and got a mattress for free, they said we could have it as a backup if we can't afford a mattress - so now we got money freed up for mattress. wud recommend doing that cos then u can take ur pick on mattresses x

we got our cot from mothercare they gave us a discount on mattress was £89 but they did it for £50.

You don't have to get the cot and the mattress at the same place - they're all standard sizes!

I got the Highgate cotbed from Babies R Us for £99: https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-Us/Nursery/Cots-and-Cotbeds/Highgate-Cotbed-in-Natural(0070306)

And this cotbed mattress through Amazon.co.uk (largely b/c of the great reviews) for £39: https://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0014ZFZ5K/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Also keep in mind that the cotbeds cost more, but you save on buying a bed when the child is too old for a cot as they can be used up to around age 5 usually.

we got ours 2nd hand from ebay... £6.50 :):):) its great condition and exactly what we wanted. Just need to get a matress for it now which were not planning on spending more than £40 quid on really xx

:| £6.50! thats a bargain ..
i just dont want to be spending like loads i want something with a dropside so can get out easily as im not that tall to bed over into a cot i dont think "/ .. and i dont want to be spending 40 quid on a mattress tbh.. cheapest iv found is £32 .. best iv seen so fair is either mamas and papas one for £100 or mothercare one for £100 :shrug: i might just wait til next year sometime cause there still going to be around cause people buy cots all the time and they dont need a cot straight away do they x
?

iv got the £69 cot from ikea in white. it arrived this morning :happydance:
and im getting just a basic foam mattress from mothercare £32.99 i think it is. :)

i havent reallt thought about it i guess when i need it i will just get one, we still have a cot bed in the attic actually so might use that not really sure yet

the only thing to look out for is that although there are standard sizes, both ikea and mamas and papas do not fit into that bracket so if you buy from them double check what size matress you will need first x

We were very lucky and got given a mamas and papas cot free - we only needed to buy a matress - which was £40 from mothercare

Lucky wish someone would buy me a cot lol then i wouldnt be bothered about paying the money for a mattress and bedding lol i cant even ask member of family to help me out either so im stuck lol x

Lucky wish someone would buy me a cot lol then i wouldnt be bothered about paying the money for a mattress and bedding lol i cant even ask member of family to help me out either so im stuck lol x

try not to worry you have got a long way before you need one hun, and try freecycle or ebay where you can pick them up second hand the just pop in a matress :)

I got this one, (before it went on sale.. ggrrr) with the sprung mattress that goes with it,

https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42825041&mcb=core

and it looks like this,

Attachments

• 010 (2).jpg
    010 (2).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 12
I like that one but in white cause stuff in my house is all white furniture wise lol i think i feel that i should have a cot i feel basically like im not even having a baby lol cause the room isnt set up or anything lol iv got a moses basket but iv heard that some babies grow out of them really fast

Whatever cot you get go for the very best mattress you possibly can. I mean you spent several hundred pounds on a travel system but baby is going to be in the cot for many more hours at a time and there are the SIDS risks to consider.....it makes sense to spend real money on something as important as a cot/cotbed mattress your child could be sleeping 12 hours or more a day on for at least 2 years.
Search ebay for cots, I got my cot bed with BRAND NEW mamas and papas mattress for £56 (the mattress alone is £80 from the shop) better getting a cot for £10 and spending £60 on a mattress than the other way round or spending £30 on a mattress and £400 on a pram system....

- just a heads up, i know some people who hardly used their moses basket because their baby grew so quickly in 'length' x

squish does have a point, our babies will be spending alot of time in their cots, a decent mattress is going to be really important

Ive splashed out on a more expensive mattress. I figured i paid through the nose for my own mattress so i was comfy and baby deserves a good one too. Plus with all the growing they do they need good support!!!
Id definately say to get a decent one. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->