Couch to 5K ?

BeesBella

Mama of 1 and expecting number 2 in July 2019
Reaction score
Anyone done it ?
Anyone doing it ?
Anyone want to do it ?

I am starting on September 18th (once I have moved home and gotten some new trainers, headphones and jogging pants). And am trying to decide what days to do it on and also whether to do it in the morning or afternoon.

Would love some support so if anyone wants to do it with me, it's only 3 times a week for 9 weeks. And you can get the podcasts free from the NHS website :flower:

Yes! I'm just finishing week one and have been trying to recruit someone to do it with me.

How are you finding it?

Not bad. I was in good shape before baby, but at 9 weeks postpartum I'm pretty slow. My tummy and thighs are a bit wobbly yet and my stamina is low, so I want to tighten up and lose the last 6 pounds of baby weight plus an extra couple.
I would love to dive in and just start jogging them off, but my recovery has been slow--my ligaments are still stretched and I'm breastfeeding. Hoping that couch to 5k will be a gentle way to get back in shape while my body finishes healing.
Goal weight is 130ish.
Are you TTC?

I've been thinking about trying this too :) I'll be your buddy!

You only gained 6lbs ! That's really good.
I'm not TTC ATM oh and me decided to have a couple of months break from ttc and that'll give me as chance to lose some weight before hand. We are starting ttc again in November.
When you planning on starting Cmarie?

I was thinking about doing this too.
I am so unfit its unreal but I think i'm going to give it a go.
Probably sometime around the 18th september as its the day after I move into uni.

I'm moving back to uni on 17th aswell. What uni you at ? I'm in Lincoln.

i just started tonight and all because i read your posts and googled it! so thanks! i thought i couldnt do it but although i was slow jogging i never stopped! very proud. but im rubbish in that ill do one maybe two days and then forget about it

i need a buddy to nag me into keeping with it x

I'll nag you Tesa !!!! Lol

Actually I gained about 40 pounds total, but it's been fallen off pretty quickly. Just weighed today, and I only have 5 left! :)
Finished my first week today. Can't wait to start on my second week. The jog/walks feel great, and I'm excited to get strong and fit again.
Good job for starting, Tesa. Let us know how your first week goes.

Hi girlies

Second run today - hate to admit it on week one but ouch! Im more unfit than i thought. Then again I was running with buggy so was going much much faster than i had the other day ( thats my excuse anyway)

At this rate ill be on week one until christmas!

Still glad ive started and hope to keep it up. Its shown me how shamefully, probably dangerously unfit I am so i really should be continuing!

Hope you guys are all still at it too!!!

Yay, Tesa! I did my first jog from week 2 today. So far, so good.

Eeek I can't wait to start. I've got my trainers, jogging bra and jogging bottoms now. All I need is a strap to hold my phone to my arm. Only 4 days until I start !
I am going it with my new house mate at university.

Week 2, Run 2 -- This one was a little harder. I'm not sure if it's because my son was with me (he's a running machine) or if it was just one of those days. I still finished just fine, but I felt it more today.
I'm seeing changes in my body already. Obviously everything is still tightening back up from giving birth, but I'm sure the jogs are helping. Also, on off days I'm walking thirty minutes and occasionally doing some your shape on the kinect. I want back into my pre-preg jeans! And I'm getting so close!
Tesa, hope you're still committed. And everyone else, get going already. It feels GREAT!

Ahh, I just realized I've been doing week 2 wrong. I wasn't walking long enough between jogs. No wonder it seemed harder.

But you still managed to do it ! That's good !
I know it's a little early but anyone considering Bridge to 10k after this ?

Was thinking, maybe a reward to our selves, find a charity run or some thing and then all meet up and do it together considering most/all of us are in the UK.

Week 3, Run 1 -- The second 3 minute run was a bit tough because I was going up hill, pushing a stroller and pulling my lazy dog, but overall I'm really impressed with the way the program progresses. It's been fairly easy. I feel like I'm getting a workout, but I don't feel like I want to die.
I can also tell it's making a difference in my ability to manage emotionally. There have been a few difficult days since the baby was born, but getting out for a jog helps me feel more in control, sort of pushes the restart button.
Is anyone else doing this? Tesa, how's it going? BeesBella, have you started?

Week 3, Run 2 -- It's pretty awesome to feel my body getting stronger and stronger. I went faster today (though I didn't have the dog or the stroller), and I'm really starting to think I'll be able to finish this.
About 5 days ago I decided I was going to stop trying to lose weight. I'm still just 11 weeks post baby, and I'm okay with where my body is for now. Instead of "dieting" I'm just eating as many real, whole foods as I can. The same food I feed my family--whole grains, organic milk and butter, even a bit of full fat organic ice cream. And you know what? The weight is still coming off. I'm down to 135, just 2 pounds above my pre-preg weight! I feel healthy, and that's a great feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->