Couch to 5K ?

I did this program as far as week 3 before and then got a chest infection and never got back into it. I'm finishing up in work in 2 weeks so I'm planning on starting again once I finish so I have a reason to get up in the morning and get out of the house lol :) Great inspiration to hear how well you're getting on hun!! :)

Thanks! Let us know how it goes for you.

Week 5 -- Every time I start a new week, I'm scared I'm not going to be able to keep up. But I've managed every run so far. At the end of this week is my first 20 minutes with no walking, and like always I'm pretty nervous. I've decided to drive to a track for that jog. My neighborhood is a little bit hilly, and at this point I think combining hills and a 20 minute jog is still a bit much for me.

As far as my body goes--I'm getting stronger, but I'm not noticing as many changes as I was when I first started. That's probably because by now I've lost pretty much all the baby weight, and I'm not restricting my diet other than my normal healthy eating. I avoid white sugar and white flour. I also had a diastasis after my baby was born, so I've been waiting on ab work. Crunches can make a diastasis worse, and I wanted to make sure I was fully healed before messing with those muscles. So now it's just a matter of building up my endurance, waiting for my skin to finish snapping back, and letting my body finish healing.

I would love to hear from someone else. Has anyone else started? Decided not to?

I had no idea this program existed! I'm preggers at the moment and since I gave up running, I have gotten flabby so fast - at least to my eyes :(. I'll be following this thread closely for more inspirational stuff from you ladies :) I cannot wait to get to it in March or early Apr - the weather will be fab too!

Ooo, I'm already dreaming :haha:

I think i might give this a go, not sure if i will get past workout 3 on week 6

I given up smoking so shud find exercise easier

Sorry to be a div, only just seen this, can somebody post the link?

There you go

https://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

I did it! I finished the 20 minute run!! I even went ahead and ran in my neighborhood, up the hills and everything. What a great way to start my day. I can see how this could get addictive.
And honestly, like every other step in this program, it wasn't that hard.
A few days ago, I bought one of those workout shirts with the thumb holes. I feel like such a runner. :)

I did it! I finished the 20 minute run!! I even went ahead and ran in my neighborhood, up the hills and everything. What a great way to start my day. I can see how this could get addictive.
And honestly, like every other step in this program, it wasn't that hard.
A few days ago, I bought one of those workout shirts with the thumb holes. I feel like such a runner. :)

:thumbup:

Can I join??

I can only manage 4mins with a 1min walk in between but for 30mins. I would love to run without a break in the middle.

DH is an ultra runner.. puts me to shame!

How are you ladies finding it? I've just downloaded the app & really want to crack on with it, I'm just too nervous going running on my own :dohh: wish I had a buddy who lived nearby!

I'm running Mon, Wed and Fri too.

Managed week 5 day 1. Felt quite easy... Maybe shouldn't say that too loudly!

How is everyone else doing?

Well I have completed lesson 1 week 1!

I did it on our treadmill, too windy outside. I actually found the walking hurt my calfs and the running was a bit easier.

Quite sweaty by the end of the session.

Sammiwry - how did u get on??

Xx

Well I have completed lesson 1 week 1!

I did it on our treadmill, too windy outside. I actually found the walking hurt my calfs and the running was a bit easier.

Quite sweaty by the end of the session.

Sammiwry - how did u get on??

Xx

I've not managed it :(

In short I walked out on my husband today and have spent the day sorting out my stuff at my mums :( So going to do day 1 tomorrow and then day 2 wednesday as planned :(

It's ok!!

I've done it! I'm pleased I did although the dog wasn't much help!!

Struggled with the last 3 runs but forced myself to complete them and am now worn out!! Roll on weds!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->