Couch to 5K ?

It's ok!!

I've done it! I'm pleased I did although the dog wasn't much help!!

Struggled with the last 3 runs but forced myself to complete them and am now worn out!! Roll on weds!!

Well done hun, i will only take our dogs when i do the runs in the woods as i can let them off the leads then. They would be a nightmare if i had to keep them on a lead.

Think i will stick to the treadmill for a bit, i am wanting the OH to do it with me but he doesn't have appropriate footwear as yet

Big well done for venturing out, i know how easy it is to say, "oh i'll start tomorrow"

xx

Yup! I only up and down outside the row of houses so had rox off her lead but she kept jumping up at me lol

Fantastic! Well done.

I will be honest I am only doing it on a treadmill! But set a gradient like it is outside, so hopefully will be able to switch!

Oh great! I'm so glad to see other people joining. If you stick with it and trust the program, you're going to be really surprised at how well it goes.

I'm finishing week 6 tomorrow. It's all long runs from here on out for me, which is fine. It's the first 4 minutes of any run that always seem the hardest anyway. If I can cut through the chatter in my head happening during those first 4 minutes--"This is stupid. I don't want to run today. Who cares if I walk? I just had a baby for crying out loud! Don't I deserve a break? I shouldn't be out in the cold at 7:30 in the morning. I want to go home."--I find that I get into a zone and the rest of the run flows along pretty smoothly.

I'm still slow, so my goal after I finish week 9 is to build speed. I think I'm going to sign up for a 5k just to keep myself motivated.

The first block is also hard I find. It's when my body is warming up. DH has same issue but he warms up after 10miles!!

I got 8minute reps tonight... Not sure if I can do that. But in 5 days I've lost 2lb... Did it a bit early than I should have :rofl:

I found the first block easy but then I'm only week one lol!! I have to be able to run 5k easily before I can even think about going back to oh as he doesn't think I can or will do it. If that isn't motivation then I don't know what is!!

Well went to the gym ... Ended up doing week 5 day 3... 20min run! Hurt now...

How is everyone else?

Yeah i did my next session of week 1. i wasn't quite sure how i would cope as i decided to do a brisk walk on the treadmill lastnight whilst watching emmerdale. it turned out i walked 1.5 miles and could hardly walk this morning, lol

my brisk walk hurt more than my first session

Just need to make sure i do it friday and thats week 1 out the way

:happydance::happydance:

Well done, all.

Nat, that's so great you were able to jump right into week 5 and then complete the 20 minute run! It's such a mental game, isn't it?

I finished week 6 yesterday. It wasn't my best run--was kind of pissy about being out in the cold--but I finished it.

Well done, all.

Nat, that's so great you were able to jump right into week 5 and then complete the 20 minute run! It's such a mental game, isn't it?

I finished week 6 yesterday. It wasn't my best run--was kind of pissy about being out in the cold--but I finished it.

I had been running on treadmill since September, which I was only able to do run 1min and walk 1 min. Last week in was up to 4mins...and walk 1 min for about 30mins. So was around the week 4/5 Mark...

But yes it is such a mind game, but I do still hurt either side of my shins.

I'm gonna have to give tonights session a miss, i just got in from worked and really can't be bothered

I will complete session 3 of week 1 tmoz

Sammiwry - how are you getting on?

xx

I'm not doing too bad, I've missed one because I was too mentally and physically tired so going to try and do week 2 properly next week if I struggle might drop back to week 1 and start again

Well I really couldn't b bothered today but I pushed myself n did the last session of week 1.

Week 2 then starts Tuesday :)
:happydance:

I hate those sessions that are sooo hard work..then the times I don't want to go, they seem the easiest :(

Just to update you all, i haven't given in as yet

I did session 1 Week 2 on the treadmill and it wasn't too bad, my sis kept nagging me to do it on the road as its harder thou. Its alright for her she lives in a village in Norfolk with no hills!

I decided to do session 2 week 2 on the roads and it wasn't a very successful experience. My earphones kept falling out and the podcast wasn't playing properly, i was running when i should of been walking etc etc. Then i was meant to run and had a big frikkin hill to go up so i walked

My ankles were killing me too so i decided i going back to the treadmill for the next session, sod the road

Oh no, that's not good.

Ive been ill so had a week off. I run on treadmill and always have the gradient at 1% so simulate being outside to a degree.

I'm going to start again next week, been preparing to launch and launched Christmas as work over the last week and a bit so not had the time or energy to do it.

Hope, when you run on the treadmill do you set the incline to 1% as that's meant to replicate running on a surface

I'm going to start again next week, been preparing to launch and launched Christmas as work over the last week and a bit so not had the time or energy to do it.

Hope, when you run on the treadmill do you set the incline to 1% as that's meant to replicate running on a surface

It doesn't have an incline as a %, its the reebok irun treadmill that i have got. You either put the back wheels down so that the treadmill lays straight or fold the feet up and you are then on an incline. I tried the wheels up once and it kills my ankles more than you can imagine. Its on quite a slope when the wheels are out the way, imo anyway

x

How is everyone getting on?

Sammiwry are you still trying?

I am now on week 5, lesson 2!

Is there anyone that wants to start this next week and be my buddy? is it ok to do even though i am very unfit? Well done to all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->