Could use a buddy

Thanks, Sleepy!! Yes, it's totally sweet of my mom! She just wants me to be happy and feel at peace with everything. I am totally fine waiting on the HSG. I do think, though, that I will schedule an appointment with my regular old gynecologist to talk about the possibility of endometriosis and what she would do about it because I did some research and know that it can be somewhat harmful if left untreated, and can be a general health issue. I feel like going through my new fertility doc to deal with the endo would result mostly in treatments related to fertility vs. my overall health. I am excited to take a break, though! Thank you for the support :)

Lauren - It's good that you take some time off as it is an awful lot of information to digest! Enjoy your birthday! Your overall health should take top priority. Being healthy is the best gift anyone could ever ask for :) And like sleepy said, so glad you have strong support from your family! Stay strong and positive :hugs:

Lauren - just to touch on the money thing, my MIL told my mom that she was setting money aside for when we decided to have kids, assuming we'd need IVF. As difficult as it would have been I'm sure we would have accepted the help despite how awkward it would feel being grown adults! What better way can our parents spend their money than on their future grandkids (and their own kids of course)! It's probably good that they're going to monitor the cysts but that's a little awkward/uncomfortable for you. With your birthday coming up, just focus on enjoying yourself and celebrating how far you've come in a year! Any special birthday plans?

Thanks, country!! How sweet of your family! That's just an incredible and thoughtful gift. The cyst monitoring will be uncomfortable but that's something I'm willing to put up with since I feel like it could be potentially dangerous to ignore if they are endometrial. Whew! So overloaded with info. Anyway, I don't really have plans yet. My dad and his girlfriend are taking us to a place in town that's a sister restaurant of a super fancy place. It's a pizza place, but it's Italian style, super yummy fresh pizza--yumm!!! And you're right--I should celebrate all that's happened and been accomplished this past year!

country - how sweet of your family too! And what great present to their grandkids (life!!) I would be perfectly fine taking the offer from my mom. But I just can't imagine what I would do or how I would think if I had to go through that with MIL. Not sure I would allow myself to accept money from MIL, given the fact of her behavior/attitude towards the house (since she helped with the down payment, she thinks she's the head of the household). My head hurts just thinking about it. Hopefully I would never have to face that.

lauren - Mmm.. pizza!!! Yum! Definitely enjoy yourself~ :)

Hi there
So good to hear it's not just me! I'm 28 and been TTC for 6 months. I've wanted kids for as long as I can remember, it's one of the most important things in my life. Have been putting off TTC because of home situations and always worried 'what is I leave it too late' which is making it even harder now with every failed cycle. OH is really supportive but keeps telling me to relax and it will happen when it happens but that really doesn't help. I could relax if I thought it would happen within the next few years but it's just the worry that it might never happen that pertifies me. Promise myself every month to relax and not let it get to me but everytime the dreaded monthly appears I get so low and can't stop crying.

Lauren - that Italian place sounds delicious! I love fresh pizza with a nice soft dough and fresh toppings lol Sounds like you've made the right decisions for now. Your personal health is the most important at this stage. Are you keeping up with acupuncture?

lxb - it would be difficult for you to accept it from your MIL! Then she might think she owns the baby too! :haha: I have faith you won't have to go through that!

Welcome Hormonal10! This is a great bunch of ladies so if you are looking for support you've come to a great place :hugs:

lxb - it would be difficult for you to accept it from your MIL! Then she might think she owns the baby too! :haha: I have faith you won't have to go through that!

My thought EXACTLY~!! I would imagine there might be times where we would be disciplining our kid... and she would interfere and think.. "I have the right to the kid too!"

Hormonal - Welcome! :wave: Yep, as country said, there are a bunch of great & supportive ladies here! And you are definitely not alone! :hugs:

I was going to stop acupuncture for the moment but now I'm thinking that it wouldn't hurt to continue it. It really has helped with AF and is so relaxing....plus I have heard that it helps in managing endo if that is what I have.

Hormonal--- Welcome!! You will find this place very very helpful!!

Lauren--- I don't think it would hurt to go to acupuncture, if anything I think it will help!

Welcome Hormonal!! Nice to have you here :) This thread is great - lots of great ladies and lots of support!

Pino, you're right, it probably would help!! I am at least taking this week off of acupuncture and therapy.

I changed my mind at the last second and am getting the HSG tomorrow at 7:30 am (yuck so early!). I am scared but I started feeling like waiting a month and not knowing might feel just as stressful as finding out bad news now. So! Hopefully all will go well.

Lauren - Good luck!! :hugs: We're all behind ya 100%~

Thanks, lxb! I am scared, ooooeeee!! I wish my husband could go with me but he'll be working. I have decided, though, that even if they tell me my tubes are stopped up from here til next Tuesday I'll just never say never! Still, hoping for the best :).

Ahhh.... would be nice if he could be there. We're there with you... mentally~~!! :hugs:
Hoping for the best news!!

I'm very happy for you Lauren!!! I hope it all goes very well!! :hugs:

You ladies are just a bunch of sweethearts. :hugs::hugs::hugs: I feel comfort in knowing that you all are aware that I'll be doing the test!

I've been offline for a week and just caught up, what a lot has happened, have been thinking of all you girls. Glad you had good hols Lauren. Hope you're ok, you sound like you are having a tough time of things but information is power and you are a strong lady who is coping very admirably-good luck tomorrow and let us know how you get on. And I think it is really great you are continuing with your acupuncture if it relaxes you and can help endo if that's what it is. My acupuncture sessions have been going really well and I also find it very therapeutic running through everything each week-the poor guy!

Sashimi, glad you are feeling a bit better. I loved the blow up shark story-thanks for the reminder about everything happening when it should and your child will be just as special as your little niece. You sound like a lean mean gym fighting machine too-inspiration to me certainly after pigging out on hols! I hope your AF symptoms are going away, you must be so looking forward to your break.

Sleepy, sorry about AF :( hope you're ok, know what you mean about needing to get your head in the right place once you get the horrid witch. Am looking ahead to March 2013 babies now-it is funny how you dare to hope every cycle and feel like a fool at the end but we have to hope.

Country and lxb, so glad you're both still on here and so funny about your anniversaries! I hope you are doing really well, such exciting times for you both.

Pino, great news about your papers. Not sure what's going on with your AF, any more signs? I can't remember my period changing when I started taking pills but I've started to have very different periods month to month since starting acupuncture. And go you on the fitness videos-I went through a phase of doing them and found them really good! Especially when I used dumb bells-ouch!

I've been on holiday for a week, we had a great time, spent the first half with my family and then went off for a few days on our own, has been so nice to relax on the beach, play tennis, swim and enjoy lot of nice food and good art galleries. Holidays aren't quite over either as off to a wedding abroad over the weekend. It has been so nice to take a break and I really feel like I have stolen my life back from TTC. It has certainly made me think about lots of other things which is good. I have also realised how much of my energy is going on it and I am keen to pick up old hobbies, start new ones and move forward in my job-I think I have taken my foot off the pedal a bit as TTC has felt a bit all consuming and I think that in turn has put more pressure on when it comes to nothing each month.

I got some news today-my CD3 blood tests were all clear which I am pleased about. Am going in for my second round of tests on CD21 which is next Friday-these are the ones I am more worried about because I suspect I have low progesterone. Or if not that, I worry that I will be unexplained fertility as docs said you were Pino. Also bit surprised not to have O'ed yet this month-I am normally very regular and O on day 14 and have high OPK reading for few days before. I am already on CD14 and nothing-we shall see!

Hi Hormonal and welcome! We are all very much in the same boat on here. This is my 11th cycle and I am 30 (fast approaching 31!).

Treasured, we are eagerly awaiting news!!

Nice to hear from you all and hope you are all looking forward to the weekend!
xx

Lauren - I hope it goes well tomorrow and you get better news than you expect. Sending lots and lots and lots of good thoughts your way. I'll be checking in throughout the day to see how it went!!

Haribo - Glad your 3 day results were good. Fingers crossed the next one is just as positive. How nice to be able to enjoy your holiday and reclaim your life from TTC. It really does take hold of everything. I am really trying to not be so consumed by it as well, but it is a challenge isn't it?

Haven't been on much lately and will prob take a full break from BnB this weekend because I really feel like I have become beyond obsessed. I mean obvi we're all obsessed, but I can't get work done sometimes because I cant stop flipping through threads and going to LTTTC and thinking up possible scenarios.

On a non-TTC related note, we are getting lots of new furniture tomorrow morning and I am SO excited. Will prob spend a good deal of the day tomorrow decorating and thinking about the next steps for our dining room and guest bedroom. Finally the fun part of owning a home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->