Cradle Cap - what's your remedy?

margarita1979

Reaction score
I was running my fingers through DS' hair today and noticed that he has a little bit of cradle cap. What's your remedy to get rid of it? I've heard everything from olive oil to vaseline. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

We used organic coconut oil for about a week. It cleared up quite nicely.

I rubbed baby oil in his scalp a few times before baths, cleared it right up!

I used CJ's Butter and it worked great. DD has a full head of hair so I had to use a lot!!

I used coconut oil. It made a huge mess and I had to wash her hair 3 or 4x to get it all out (her hair was long and thick), but it did work!

my LO had these brown dots on his scalp and i used olive oil and scrubbed them off with a soft brush. worked a charm!

Something that helped me was switching from a head to toe soap to a strictly shampoo.

I use baby oil and a soft scrub brush to rub her scalp before I wash her hair.

Ours was pretty stubborn. Did a few overnight treatments with a cream by Mustela. Then, the morning after each time, rubbed and combed away the flakes and washed hair. And did the rubbing/combing regularly before other baths (I got this glove/comb thing made especially for this purpose). It got a lot better, but I think he still has some flakes -- but he has a ton of hair now so you can't tell. :p

I used a shampoo dentinox, it was a shampoo for cradle cap, that worked a charm for me :)

we used almond oil. a little bit rubbed in about 30 mins before a bath, then when washing her hair (used baby shampoo) we just scrubbed a little harder on the cradle cap bits (like she was having a head massage). Cleared right up.

Stubborn case here too and dr recommended head an shoulders dandruff shampoo twice a week... Works like a charm!

Brush the babies hair with a soft baby brush to remove loose flakes. Wash hair with double base cream wash which you can get on prescription. After that rub on johnsons naturals moisturiser (smells gorgeous!). I used lots of different remedies. Hated olive oil, he smelled like a fried egg and it didn't even work that well. Some of the special cradle cap shampoos actually made it worse and all smell bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->