Cycle Buddy wanted

Hmm I dont know.. I have never read that, all i know is that this morning I checked my temp at 5:30 which used to be 6:30 ( I try and check it at 7 every morning) and it was 97.5 which is normal. Then I went back to sleep and checked it at 7 (when I wake up) and it used to be 8, and it said 98.1, which would mean I ovulated yesterday because that is above my control line. So the time made a huge difference for me. I will check at 6 am and 7 tomorrow again just to make sure. I get up at 7 anyways so I can check at 6 then sleep another hour just to make sure. But I was thinking about checking another opk this afternoon. I have never gotten a pos in the afternoon so I dont know that I should try, they are only pos in the fmu.

This is what it says in TCOYF (I'll just type it word for word) -

'While British Summer time can be a welcome change, it can be a minor annoyance if it occurs right smack in the middle of yr fertile phase. The time change has the same effect as taking yr temp an hour later than usual in the fall (and thus they may tend to be higher than normal) & and an hour earlier in the spring (and thus they may tend to be lower than normal)

If you are in yr luteal phase when British Summer Time occurs, you don't really need to do anything. Just be aware that yr temps may tend to be a little higher or lower for the few days it takes yr body to adjust to the shift.

If yr body is sensitive to time differences however, and especially if you are approaching ovulation, you may want to adjust yr waking times for a few days leading up to the weekend. Using 6am wake-up time as an example, take yr temp as follows -
In the fall
Friday 6.00am British Summer Time
Sat 6.20am British Summer Time
Sun (once you put yr clock back an hour) 5.40am greenwich mean time
Mon 6.00am greenwich meantime'

Hope this helps & make sense, it's prob no good for you as we've already passed the time when the clocks change, but if you want to go back to 7am looks like you'll be able to after o

On another note - OH has annoyed me tonight :devil: I came home from college at about 9.20pm (I go to evening classes to learn Spanish), after having also done some shopping at the supermarket, and he's on his PS3 & the washing up is still piled up!! Grrrrrr. I had a go at him & he said he can't do it because of his thumb (he has a MINOR cut on it and about 10 plasters....drama queen I tell ya) so instead of being able to sit down (or come on here more likely :rofl:) I had to do the dishes! :dishes: He did give me a hug & kiss after though & said thanks so I guess all is forgiven. Need to keep in his good books as want some :sex: tonight :rofl:

On another note - OH has annoyed me tonight :devil: I came home from college at about 9.20pm (I go to evening classes to learn Spanish), after having also done some shopping at the supermarket, and he's on his PS3 & the washing up is still piled up!! Grrrrrr. I had a go at him & he said he can't do it because of his thumb (he has a MINOR cut on it and about 10 plasters....drama queen I tell ya) so instead of being able to sit down (or come on here more likely :rofl:) I had to do the dishes! :dishes: He did give me a hug & kiss after though & said thanks so I guess all is forgiven. Need to keep in his good books as want some :sex: tonight :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl: YES!!! Just let it slide and make it all better by making that :baby: tonight!!

I gave up long ago with expecting OH to do much around the house... so now we have a deal: I take care of general stuff INSIDE --- dishes, laundry, vacuum, etc -- and he takes care of general stuff OUTSIDE and "man stuff" -- mow lawn, plant flowers, rake leaves, shovel snow, take out trash, install new light switches, etc etc. He also gets to do any "Heavy Lifting," which he has defined as "Basically, anthing she (that's me) doesn't want to do." :rofl: I just tell him it's heavy lifting so it's his job, even if it is just changing a light bulb. :rofl: It has actually worked out really well! And every once in a while we help each other out -- I mow sometimes... he vacuumed yesterday. :)

I suppose I shouldn't really moan, he has been working on the house all day (replastering) as he's no work on at the mo .Don't get me started on that, don't want to think about what we'll do if I'm pg & he has no work. My Dad said to me the other day 'should you really be ttc when he's struggling for work' (cos of the stupid credit crunch as it's called here in the UK) - I'm sorry, but after trying for so long I'm not putting it on hold. That is probably irresponsible but my heart's ruling, not my head.

Ha, notice how I say 'don't get me started on that' then write a whole post about it? :rofl:

awww. :( Credit crunch here, too!! Lots of fallout. Lots of lost jobs. :cry: I've been really lucky that OH and I have pretty stable jobs (KNOCK ON WOOD!!!). Even if you are pg, he's got plenty of time to find work!! It will work out. It HAS to! :hugs:

That's what I think to. He was working for just one guy (although he's self employed) but work has dried up with him so he's setting up properly on his own, advertising, getting his van sign written etc. so he should get more work soon. He's really good at it too (I know I'm biased but he is honestly!!) so I'm sure he'll do well. Then I can be a lady of leisure!!!!

Only prob is as well I work for an agency so will only get government maternity pay BUT I am due to be taken on permanently soon, so I just hope it happens at the right time so I'm entitled to company maternity pay (I would be happy to accidentally get my due date wrong....lol)

:wohoo:

OPK was faint again today.... wooooo hooooo! Pretty sure I o'ed Sunday night/wee hours of Monday morning. :happydance: Another couple of days of BBT should show for sure. But I think I'm entering into the 2WW now. Hopefully everyone else is moving along well, too...???

How's the opks 1stBaby?? MT? EB? Everyone?? I need my buddies in the 2WW with me!!! :hissy:

:rofl: You guys are the best! :hugs: all around!!

:wohoo:

OPK was faint again today.... wooooo hooooo! Pretty sure I o'ed Sunday night/wee hours of Monday morning. :happydance: Another couple of days of BBT should show for sure. But I think I'm entering into the 2WW now. Hopefully everyone else is moving along well, too...???

How's the opks 1stBaby?? MT? EB? Everyone?? I need my buddies in the 2WW with me!!! :hissy:

:rofl: You guys are the best! :hugs: all around!!

I don' think I've O'd yet - not got a positive opt or an O date on ff :cry:

Im so fustrated...had faint lines on sunday, pretty dark line monday morning, and faint lines monday night and today...whats going on! did i O?!!!......and had a temp dip on sunday moring, a rise on monday moring, and its still higher today...took a little drop...oh so confused! :(

I was gonna say that looking at yr chart you may have O'd on Sun, but then that doesn't correspond with yr opt's.... wait till tomorrow to see what yr temp is - if still high ff might give you an o date

thanks...yeah i know what you mean..the thing is i dont temp the same time everyday..its usually betwwen 4am to 5am..so not to off..because i get up with the baby so when the baby gets up i temp real quick..so i hope i can go by those temps. this is my first time temping pre o...and everytime after i have o'd i would start temping and they were in the 99's....so idk if i have ya know?

Ellie...looking like you had a temp dip...and maybe O'd or are going to soon! fingers crossed for you!!:)

Maybe keep on with the opt's then as yr temps aren't that reliable. I'm on cd15 too & don't think I've O'd yet, my cycles vary between 28 & 31 days (last one was 28 days)

Ellie...looking like you had a temp dip...and maybe O'd or are going to soon! fingers crossed for you!!:)

I was hoping that today's temp would have gone high today so that it looked like I O'd yesterday but cos it's still low don't know if the dip means anything?? :shrug: Will see what happens tomorrow!!

:fool: ** STUPID QUESTION ALERT ** :fool:

You know you're not supposed to drink a couple of hrs before doing a opt?? Can you eat???? :blush:

TL, I'm thinking this weekend either Sun or yesterday I Ovd, so I'm joining you in the 2ww! I am not going to symptom spot, or anything this time......HA! I symptom spot for other people, of course I'm going to symptom spot!! :rofl: Seriously though, I am going to try to enjoy the next 2 weeks and hopefully not go crazy.
This is it for all of us!!! :happydance:

YES YOU CAN EAT!!! HAHA ......its ok dont feel dumb ellie!

Whoop whoop just done an opt & it's darker than the one this morning, so hopefully will get a +ve soon :happydance: And I ate beforehand too lol :rofl:

I did hold this one in my wee for longer though (normally I hold it there for 10 secs as it says on the instructions but thought I'd do it for longer just to see if it did anything) - you don't think that's why it's darker do you?

PS. Meli, TL & 1st baby - glad you've O'd, hope you caught eggy

YAY EB!!! Hope you've been gettin' bizzay!! :rofl: We ALL need that eggy to get caught then put away for 10 months! Makes me wanna dance :happydance::dance::yipee::happydance:

I got another pos opk this morning, i hope I ov tomorrow because my lp is short and if I ov tomorrow that will give me at least ten days lp. We had a horrible interuption this morning caused by a pipe busting from the washer upstairs causing water to leak through the carpet onto our lower level living room carpet so we have been up since 5:30 cleaning it up. I hope we can fix everything without having to spend money or I am going to get really upset. Well we will have to spend money, but I dont want to spend big money. Anyway i had to temp that early but it would have been 6:30 before the time change anyway so it would have been close enough. We bded last night and probably will every night until I get a neg again. I hope we are pg this time and I will have a memory forever of when conceived, not to mention its election day here as well.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21be70

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"