Darling buds of May and June bugs!

Ringing hospital back, contraction timer app thingy on phone says theyre averaging every 4 mins and lasting on average 62 seconds and they bloody hurt! XxX

oh and loads more show, really dark blood.

Sounds like things are kicking off Rose. I think baby Isobelle will be here tonight or tomorrow. Can't wait to hear how it goes xxx

Oh rose. Wow! Sounds like this is it for you too!!!!! Keep us posted :hugs: xxxx

She arrived at 9.29pm weighing 7lb 5, talk about fast!! Still in shock! XxX

Aw Rose congratulations on the arrival of baby Isobelle!! Sooo happy for you!
Wow it was a quick labour for you too! Hope it all went well and you are getting some rest xxx

Thank you, that has to be the most traumatic thing to happen to me. Arrived back at hospital, contractions wouldn't stop,were just continuous. Checked me and i was 4-5cm, had another 4 contractions which were unbearable, still no pain relief except tens machine which i hadn't got timd to turn up or anything. Next thing i could feel her coming, it didn't make sense as all i kept thinking was 'youre 4-5cm' begged mark to get mw back, told him i could feel her coming. About 4 of them rushed into room, told me to get onto couch so i knelt on it but was in indescribable pain and confused what was happering. Mw's were taking my bottom clothes off and trying to get me onto delivery bed, i couldn't move! Gave me gas and air told me to move my legs apart and she was delivering herself, couldn't believe what was happening, in twenty mins i'd gone from being examined to holding her. Still can't believe it happened how it did.Sorry if ig doesn't make much sense i'm knackered lol. Oh one small tear too which theystitched XxX

Wow Rose that was quick!! You will still be in shock at how quick it was. Thank god you went in when you did or mark might have had to deliver her at home!! Isobelle was a good girl though and arrived at the weekend so mark could be there. Hope you aren't in too much pain. Have they told you when you can get home? Hope you get home today do you can get settled and get some rest xxx

Congratulations!!!!!! Can't
Believe we had our
Girlies on the same day!!!!!!!!!! And almost the same
Weight too!!!! These quick deliveries are scary aren't they!

Well my
Girly was so good all night. Can't say the same for the baby next door which Cried all
Night. So I'm nakered. Not from my
Baby but someone else's! :/

Wow Rose that was quick!! You will still be in shock at how quick it was. Thank god you went in when you did or mark might have had to deliver her at home!! Isobelle was a good girl though and arrived at the weekend so mark could be there. Hope you aren't in too much pain. Have they told you when you can get home? Hope you get home today do you can get settled and get some rest xxx

I can't believe it happened how it did! Mark thought i'd gone a bit loopy due to the pain when i was crying 'get the mw back'. Poor man, he was in shock too, getting pushed out of the way by the mw's trying to transfer me to a delivery room. Not in too much pain thankfully and not sure when i can go home but should be today. Just keeping an extra eye on Isobelle as they didn't stand a chance at getting iv antibiotics in. I havent even got a wrist band on! She was born in the sac too which is good protection against strep b not to mention good luck. Apparently waters went naturally when her head was halfway out :) xxx

Congratulations!!!!!! Can't
Believe we had our
Girlies on the same day!!!!!!!!!! And almost the same
Weight too!!!! These quick deliveries are scary aren't they!

I know, i've read about these quick deliveries but never thought it'd happen to me. I didn't even push, well not consciously anyway. It was funny because my eldest daughter was saying before i left, don't worry mom she'll just slide out. She doesn't know how right she was!!! XxX

Rose and Megan, hope you are both ok and getting settled in at home with your little girlies.

Leanne, glad to hear you are feeling better today, it's amazing what a little bit of sleep can do. Looking forward to reading your birth story. How did Theon get on with the midwife today? Hope you aren't in too much pain with your stitches.

Nicola, I hope you are ok! Not long now until your little princess will be here too :hugs:

I don't think i can go today as they want to carry on observations on here until Shes 24hrs old due to tne strep b. Really want to just go home now XxX

I know you will just want to get home and settled. I'm sure you will get out tomorrow. I tested positive for strep b from the swabs they took in triage, but the results didn't come back from the lab until after I had been discharged. I had a phone call from the paediatrician when we were home, but they decided we didn't need to go back in as it would have been past the 24 hour time period they administer antibiotics in. Has Isobelle been given antibiotics or are they just monitoring her? I had to just keep an eye out for unusual breathing or a high temperature and constant crying. I hope you have got over the shock of isobelles rapid arrival :hugs:

Aw Rose that does sound scary but glad she got here safely and hope you're getting over the shock! She is gorgeous by the way :) x

Leanne how did Theon get on with his weigh in? Has he put on weight? You think you'll keep up the breastfeeding or is it too painful?

I'm good thanks, no signs though so it looks like the induction will be going ahead. I'm gutted but resigned to it now and at least it means I can get everything prepared and know exactly when she'll be here. Been shopping today and filled the cupboards, fridge and freezer, organised someone to come and feed the bunnies while we're at the hospital, going to give the car a clean in a bit and then going to spend tomorrow getting the house immaculate so that we can relax once she's here!

It feels weird knowing that I only have 2 more sleeps with just me and Steven in the house. Leanne how are you adjusting to it as I think you're the only other first time mum here? Must be very strange but lovely at the same time :)

Oh and as I'm getting induced on the 30th - as long as baby plays ball then all of our babies should be May Buds :) x

Yay for wednesday Nicola, we'll have the full set then :happydance: No suze just observations, but they missed several hours out too whilst they'd forgotten they were going to do it. Only realisedhe mark asked doctor if i could go home. Its too damn hot in here though. Izzy is a completecling on and i can't even put her down! Shes asleep on me now. Hopefully be home tomorrow morning :) As for getting over shock, i think it'll take some time, i'm shocked they believed me. I suppose they only had to look at me at that stage though lol XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->