• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Welcome MissyMo, Sloppy Joe, and Hope4Rainbow!

Hopeful, you're in my thoughts!

AFM, we went to church this morning and then headed to our angel's memorial spot, which is on my parents' farm. I wanted to do something special for her, as we had our daughter Katie announce the pregnancy with a Big Sister tee shirt. Today I finished planting the flowers for our angel Elizabeth Rose and put this sign up for her:
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/029-2_zps0b4a12d7.jpg
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/059-2_zpsd6daa64e.jpg

Beautiful! What a lovely way to memorialize your daughter and mark her place in your family.

My spotting seems to be getting worse. :( It's still pale brown but I now get it several times throughout the day even when I'm taking it easy. I am getting anxious to have my scan booked. I think I have my fear well under control but I definitely feel discouraged. I just want to see a healthy baby on a scan.

Hi Ladies,
Congratulations & fingers crossed for healthy pregnancies. I'm currently expecting after suffering an ectopic in Nov last year. Was heartbreaking and has took some time to get over. This baby is desperatly wanted (as the other was) but this time even more so due to the feeling of such a loss. If i go by my LMP i would be due 4th Dec but i had an early scan last week and they dated me a week behind than i originally thought due to size of baby and so i am now due around 13th dec if i go by the hospital dates. So i'm around 6 weeks almost i think. Have bloods and a midwife appt booked. Scan showed heartbeat so i'm taking that as big positive however after some bleeding last week my dr mentioned i could be having the start of a misscarriage and just to relax and wait. Have rested over the weekend but of course my minds in over drive thinking about it all and what might happen and what might not. Only time will tell i guess just feeling very nervous! ANyone else feeling same? I've had soem mild cramps and spotting more than actually bleeding,headaches,feeling faint and naseous if i dont eat,very tired especially in afternoon and just extremely emotional! ANyone else?How are you all coping and feeling? xx

Krissy - so glad you are feeling positive about this baby :) and that your spotting has stopped!

Beth - I know the sickness is hard work but its really great that you are feeling it as its such a positive symptom!! So lovely that you went to your daughters spot :) I have my baby buried in a big beautiful plant pot on my patio so I talk to my little angel everyday :)

Hopeful - I am so so sorry :hugs: I don't know anything about how high the numbers are supposed to be but I would try and stay positive that they have at least risen! I know its terrifying.
How have things been over the weekend?

Starry - Have they given you any reason as to why you might be having this spotting?

Missy - I am so sorry about your daughter :hugs: I cannot imagine how that feels. But so happy that you are pregnant again, you must be so excited :)

SloppyJoe & Hope4rainbow - Congratulations!!!!

Elephant - congratulations! The spotting is scary, but remember you have seen a heart beat :) I feel the same though, so nervous, I expect to see blood everytime I go to the toilet. All the things you mention sound like such promising symptoms.

Kirst - how are you doing?

AFM - I had a busy weekend and I am soooo tired today! I cannot handle the pace anymore!! I am so sick in the morning and at night, then spend most of the day feeling sick! Its very reassuring but also very hard work!! Apparently we'll get more energy in the second tri?! I am 7 + 3 tomorrow and this is when I lost my little baby in december so I am beyond nervous to get past this stage. I just feel like its going to be snatched away at any time!!

Elleff-
Thanks so much for asking about me. My weekend was nerve wrecking as is today and tomorrow will be. I've spent the better part of the weekend researching my symptoms, particularly the non-doubling hcg levels and have concluded that this pregnancy is a loss. Although, there are a few miracle stories out there, the majority end in loss. In fact, just this morning I was reading on the "Facts and Myths about Miscarriage" section on this site and it said that slow rising hcg levels ALMOST ALWAYS END IN MISCARRIAGE even though they continue to rise. The worst part is everything that I ever thought I knew about pregnancy isn't true so I can no longer trust my own body! I was told that I may start to bleed and if anything happened over the weekend to call the doctor's on Monday. Well, I have had no bleeding and have never had cramping at all, but apparently, THAT can be completely normal in an impending miscarriage situation....WHAT?! My ultrasound appointment is tomorrow. In my mind this is simply to determine if it's an ectopic pregnancy or blighted ovum. I am so tired, tired of being so happy and hopeful only to have it all taken away in a second.:cry: I'll keep you all posted on which one it turns out to be. Best of luck to the rest of you and congratulations to all of the new ladies!:flower:

I don't know what to say, I can't imagine it. Once is bad enough :hugs:
I am so hoping for a little miracle when you have your scan tomorrow. I remember when I didnt know if I was losing my baby or not I spent all day everyday reading online about how people bled during pregnancies which ended up being completely healthy, and I kept the faith that way even though I think I knew what was going to happen.
I'm not saying this is what will happen to you this time but its certainly not a bad thing to focus on some positive stories and remember that this could be you. I hope that one way or another tomorrow you get some definite answers, obviously preferably of the ridiculously happy kind :hugs:

Eleff-thank you for your reply,I have fingers crossed for you. How are you feeling today?
Hopefulagain-sending you lots of positive thoughts,i really hope everything goes well for you.
Thanks so much for your response though i told myself this time i would be more relaxed and enjoy it as i was so uptight last time and unwell with the ectopic that i just wanted to really enjoy it this time. I'm trying my very best to stay positive as i had an internal scan last week i was sure that the spotting was because of that as i had nothing up until that point. However i am still spotting on and off today which is almost a week on frm the scan.I'm not really in any pain only the odd cramp or 2 and so i'm just keeping positive now as whatever happens it is unfortunetly out of my hands,if the pregnancy continues i'm sure theres a million and one otehr things that are going to worry and i'll probably come across something everyday lol. My partner is very supportive and optimistic and he has th eoutlook that my health is far more important,what will be will be,life is out of our hands and as much as we would like to we cannot control what happens. We have gone through a loss before and come through stronger if we have to we will do it agin. Knowing i have that supportive (as i dont know if anyone else found they felt guilty after previous losses even though it wasnt my fault) really doe shelp. I hope you all have a network of people around you who help you through! Positive thoughts all round. xxxx

It looks like I'm not getting an early scan. Got my referral in the mail and it is for July!!! That's my 20 week scan!!!

((Hugs))) Hopeful, I still have everything crossed for you!!

Welcome, Elephant!

Starry - I'm sorry you're not getting your early ultrasound! That really stinks! I hope that somehow a referral for an earlier one may still come.

Anyone else have fear kicking in??? I keep testing, like I'm insane. And have zero cramping, no spotting etc but just fearful that I will start bleeding at any time! I think I may drive myself insane. Between being irritable, to where I can notice it, bloated, just scared I suppose....
how is everyone else doing today?

I'm too afraid to test. I think it'll make me panic more. The temptation was there like crazy, but I kept thinking "what if it seems lighter? What if it says no? What if the dates don't match?" I was so scared of it causing more paranoia that I decided I wouldn't test.

I have cramping, but I have cramping every pregnancy. Still, every time I get nervous. I check constantly to see if I'm spotting. It's hard not to fear a repeat, but I'm slowly learning how to deal with it and to enjoy moments without fear.

Which, I suppose is good as my ultrasound to try and find a heartbeat and see if baby grew has now been moved to May 9th, when I'm 9 weeks. 18 more days!

I was doing a banner for another December group and decided to quick make one up for this group in case anyone is interested. It's a very basic one, so if anyone has any others, please feel free to add them!
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/ranow_zpsff252fb5.jpg
Smaller one:
https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/ranow_zps4844fe5a.jpg

Link to add: (edit out stars)[***IMG]https://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/KatieWriter/ranow_zps4844fe5a.jpg[/IMG]

I've been too afraid to test more often too. I tested on 4/2 and it was negative, then again on 4/10 and the test line was darker than the control line so I was convinced! I don't want to see anything lighter so I stopped there. Two more days until my first appt, not sure what to expect since I switched to a different doctor in my practice. Hopefully something reassuring!

Anyone in here cloth diaper or want to cloth diaper? (I hope this question is allowed, new so not sure if certain topics are kept to certain threads.)

Any topic is allowed! I am considering cloth diapering, it really depends for me if DD potty trains before baby or not. I'd rather not have two in diapers, but if I do, I'd like one of them to be in cloth at least! She's beginning to potty train now, so we'll see how she gets on.

Ladies, it looks like I'll be getting another angel. :cry: Had to go the ER today and the doctor couldn't see anything on the scan. It was a simple bed-side machine and I had JUST emptied my bladder but he still said he should have seen something as my hcg was at 35 000. I'm hoping to get an official scan by the end of the week and I have to redo my betas but the doctor wasn't giving much hope. He said he's only missed a healthy baby once in his life. My lower back is aching and my ms disappeared today so am accepting my fate. Just sucks. :nope:

I tested yesterday! I can't stop myself! I've seen the hb and I'm still checking I'm not dreaming!

I'm not sure which kind of nappy we will use yet, I can't quite let myself get that far ahead yet but I can't wait to start thinking about that stuff :)

Starry - is 35000 normal for 7 weeks though? why would it be so high if there is no baby? I have everything crossed for you! :hugs:

Morning all.
Starry i am so sorry to hear this, i'm still keeping everything crossed for you in the hope that he did just miss it. How are you coping today?
As for anyone testing i only tested once and resiste dteh urge to do it anymore as my gp has said that hpt can only give false negatives not false positives and i'm basically too afraid to check again lol. Each day i feel like i lose a symptom,i've had no sickness only if i dont eat,even my cramping is fading. Am still bleeding however i phone dthe hospital today for reassurance and she said that if i am not in any pain then i should try and relax. Very hard but if the hospital are telling me to not worry then i'm going to try my very best not to. I do think my anxiety takes over any symptoms i would be feeling so maybe if i relax i'd notice them more. I'll be glad to have a 12 week scan date so i know exactly how far gone i am and taht all is ok!
How are you guys coping today? x

Ladies, it looks like I'll be getting another angel. :cry: Had to go the ER today and the doctor couldn't see anything on the scan. It was a simple bed-side machine and I had JUST emptied my bladder but he still said he should have seen something as my hcg was at 35 000. I'm hoping to get an official scan by the end of the week and I have to redo my betas but the doctor wasn't giving much hope. He said he's only missed a healthy baby once in his life. My lower back is aching and my ms disappeared today so am accepting my fate. Just sucks. :nope:

Starry, I am so sorry. But I don't understand, how can your hcg levels be so high and yet they find nothing anywhere? Surely something baby related has been growing somewhere?! Have you ever heard of this before; did he give any possible logical explaination for this...it just couldn't have disappeared:shrug:. My thoughts are with you. I'm really hoping that he made some sort of a mistake because that just doesn't make any sense.

As for me, I'm pretty sure that this short journey is over. Today I have my ultrasound to see exactly what is going on but I am preparing myself for the worst. I haven't had any cramping at all and only had the one episode of spotting last Tuesday, but I'm thinking that it is only a matter of time. My hcg levels not even being close to doubling last week is very telling, I have discovered through my own internet research :winkwink:. I am just praying that I accept the news with grace and diginity and not become bitter.

Oh, I dare not test again! The last test I took was last Sunday, the day before my first doctor's appointment. The test line was darker than the control line and I was happy with that. Since then this pregnancy has seemed to be headed straight downhill. I think I'd just rather let my ultrasound and exam tell me the news at this point. Lord, please give me the strength the handle all of this with some sort of grace and diginity and not become bitter in Jesus' name, amen.

Hopeful, I am thinking of you today. Please update us as soon as you can lovely. I have everything crossed for good news :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->