• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2013 Rainbow Babies

Hopeful, you're in my prayers today for your ultrasound to go well and that something may have improved.

Starry, I hope you get more answers to what's going on, and I'm praying that this baby is still a sticky baby and was just too small for the machine to pick up on. I've seen such a huge difference between ultrasound machines - something that seems to clear on one can barely even show up on another. I'm hoping this may be the case for you. What kind of ultrasound was it? I know abdominal ones can really struggle at this stage in pregnancy to find and pick up on a baby.

Does anyone else get eye migraines? I've had two in the last two days and it's draining. I get them when I'm not pregnant too. At least todays was during lunch while my 2nd graders were at recess. :help: How do you deal with headaches?

hopeful - please update us as soon as you can!

AFM - the doctor specifically said he didn't see what he wanted to so I'm guessing he means a heart beat. He had said with betas this high he always sees something and if he doesn't then it doesn't end well except the one time where he was wrong. I do go for another beta draw tomorrow and the doctor promised to call with the results either way so if they go up I will have some hope. If not....well...then we will know. I have a scan first thing Friday morning.

Starry- Last pregnancy I had my first ultrasound at 6 weeks and they did not see a hb. They tested my levels after and I went from 47,000-53,000 in two days. When I went in a week later there was hb, unfortunately it was very slow (about 60 bpm) so my baby didn't make it. There is still hope for a heartbeat!:hugs:

Starry and hopeful I'm really sorry you're going through this. Really hope you both get good news soon xx

I forgot to say that it was an abdominal scan on a very empty bladder. That in of itself would have kept me more hopeful but the doctor then said his track record of getting it right. That is what gets me so down. The worst part is my nausea came back today and my boobs hurt and got bad heart burn but it could all be for nothing.

I live in a rural area and really don't feel like driving into town tomorrow so am going to the local lab and it might be Thursday before I get the beta results. I'm supposed to go again 3 days after that as the doctor said it can sometimes take 72 hours for them to double but 3 days will be Saturday and no labs are open on the weekend. So will probably go again on Friday.

Well, I just returned from my ultrasound appointment and again, there was absolutely nothing there not even a sac. She said that she did not see anything around my ovaries, my tubes, nor fluid which could signal a possible ectopic. Based on these two ultrasounds and my extremely slow rising hcg levels, the doctor has pretty much concluded that it was an anembryonic pregnancy. They took more blood today and expect/hope that the numbers will go back down quickly. If they go back up (which I seriously hope does not happen) then it may be an ectopic that is being missed, but honestly, my blood levels never really got that high. I had pretty much prepared myself for this but in my mind it was going to be so much worst.

She said that they would call tomorrow with the results of this blood test and they should be dropping. I should also expect a fairly normal, maybe slightly heavier than normal, period with a few blood clots, but not a lot of cramping or large amounts of tissue to pass. This really made me feel so much better because the unknown was terrifying to me. I had never experienced an early loss before and although Zoi's delivery at 21 weeks was horrific, I did have hospital staff, family and friends holding my hand every step of the way. This time I felt completely on my own so I'm relieved to know that it should be a fairly straight forward process.

What I am thankful for....
I am thankful that I was able to get pregnant again so quickly after losing baby Zoi.

I am thankful that I spotted last Tuesday which began the series of tests and ultrasound into motion. If it had not happened I would have shown up today for my very first ultrasound fully expecting to see a little bean baby with a strong beating heart and I would have been devastated!

I am thankful that through these tests it was discovered that my pregesterone level was low and a plan has been set into place to retest again, non-pregnant, and develop a plan going forth.

I am thankful for all of you lovely ladies who were here to support me through this experience.

I am so thankful to God for answering my prayer to accept this news with grace, dignity and to not feel bitterness.

Best wishes to the rest of you ladies. I sincerely wish you all a happy and healthy 9 months and an easy delivery!:hugs:

Hopeful, you are an inspiration. I teared up reading everything you're grateful for. You are handling this with such grace. I am so sorry for your loss and wish you your forever baby soon! :hugs:

Hopeful - so sorry for your loss. :hugs: I hope you pass everything peacefully.

Hopeful I'm so sorry. Life is so cruel at times. I will miss you on this journey. I hope the next few weeks/months are stress free and you conceive your beautiful little sticky bean quickly xxx

Hopeful- the are no words to express how sorry I am. I just wish I could take your pain away. Thinking about you and sending you lots of love. Go gently friend xxx

Starry- I am so sorry about your scan. I am praying that your appointment on Friday shows a strong heartbeat. How are you feeling about every thing?

I have been a bit reluctant to post this news as I felt bad updating, when others are experiencing such stress and heartache. Im so sorry girls and i hope my post doesnt cause you any more hurt. We had our first scan on Tuesday and were so lucky to see our little bean with a nice strong heartbeat and measuring a couple of days ahead at 7w 2days. I know it is early days though - so for now we are grateful and blessed and we will just take it one day at a time.

Hi Ladies,
hopeful i really wish you all the best. Your story is inspiring. Proof that even in our darkest times to see even the smallest ray of sun can be enough to lift a person. I've always found teh emotions difficult to deal with but on good days after my ectopic i am always so thankful for what i do have as i had left it so long that i could have died. Sometimes if you dont look at even one positive to come from such sadness can sometimes be enough to tip a person over the edge. I admire your strength and wish you all the very best in your future concieving. Please keep us posted with how you are getting on x

Starry- I am praying you see a strong heartbeat on Friday!

Great news Kirst!

I was just stopping by to see how everyone is doing. Not much to report here, just trying to get to the next little goal I have set which is my Dr. appt on May 6th where we God willing will see a strong heartbeat. Is anyone else having to get up 2-3 times in the middle of the night to wee?

(((Hugs))) to Hopeful and Starry.

Kirs_t - don't hesitate to share your good news! It's gives us hope.

There's nothing new here for me. Like WantABelly, I'm just waiting for the next doctor appointment, which is now May 9th since they moved it yesterday.

Yep - I get up at 4 AM and 6 AM every night because my bladder is ready to explode. I always have dreams that I'm either needing to find a bathroom or that I'm having cramps because my body is trying to wake me up to go!

I lost my first pregnancy on Friday 26th October 2012. Well, that was the date of the US that confirmed it. I was 11 + 3 days. It was heart breaking. Had a terrible natural miscarriage for 10 days, then passed out after bleeding into the toilet for 3 hours straight.. so I had to go into hospital for 4 days, have a tonne of drips.. I didnt want the blood transfusion they wanted to do. And had a ERPC.:cry:

I found out a few weeks ago I'm pregnant again, we have been trying but after months of nothing we decided to book our wedding and delay the baby making.. I was waiting for my period to come at the end of March and then I was going back on the pill.. well.. the period never came!

My LMP was 1st March, so technically I'm 8 weeks pregnant tomorrow. :thumbup:

However, due to my traumatic miscarriage the midwife thought it best to get me in for an early US. It showed the baby is just over 5 weeks old and I have another on 3rd May 2013 to confirm the heartbeat, as couldnt see one today.

So I have no clue when I'm due now! Probably more like christmas day!!:haha:

So I'm more like 7 weeks pregnant or a bit more, not the 8 weeks they think from LMP. I must have ovulated late! I have included my scan pic, it isnt much.. but it gives me SO much hope. I am worrying like crazy over no symptoms, the wrong symptoms, too many symptoms.. I hate it. The waiting game is an evil thing.

I joined here after my miscarriage and havent really been on since, but I'd love some reassurance and support from ladies who are taking this journey with me!!:happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_2416[1].jpg
    IMG_2416[1].jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
Hi all,
Can I join?
I finally got my BFP after ivf and icsi and am 4 weeks 5 days today with an edd of 27th dec 2013
I had one BFP before which ended in a blighted ovum and I am petrified
I have been reading through the posts and wanted to say how sorry I am for you hopeful. There is nothing more cruel than a mc and I found my blighted ovum devastating.
My 6 week 4 day ivf scan is on 7th may
Here in the uk they don't do beta blood tests so only have my darkening bfps to reassure me
Xxxx

Hi all,
Can I join?
I finally got my BFP after ivf and icsi and am 4 weeks 5 days today with an edd of 27th dec 2013
I had one BFP before which ended in a blighted ovum and I am petrified
I have been reading through the posts and wanted to say how sorry I am for you hopeful. There is nothing more cruel than a mc and I found my blighted ovum devastating.
My 6 week 4 day ivf scan is on 7th may
Here in the uk they don't do beta blood tests so only have my darkening bfps to reassure me
Xxxx

It took nearly a week after my missed period before my BFP became really dark. I was just getting the faintest of lines which gradually got darker as the days passed. My doctors wouldn't even let me give them a urine sample to test until I was 6 weeks after my LMP. The UK sucks sometimes. Stay positive :) I had a scan today which measured baby at just over 5 weeks, I have another on 3rd May to see if there's a heartbeat. I am terrified all the time after my miscarriage, but I have a funny feeling this time that this is meant to be my baby. I hope HOPE HOPE I'm not wrong.

All my love and support honey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"